It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian President calls for new Intifada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
jta.org...

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas called Israel's decision to include two West Bank sites as national heritage sites "a serious provocation which may lead to a religious war."

Abbas made the comments in Brussels Tuesday regarding the addition of Rachel's Tomb in Bethlehem and The Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron to a list of 150 national heritage sites that Israel will rehabilitate and promote as part of a $100 million renovation and restoration plan.

Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyah in Gaza called on Palestinians to launch a new intifada to protest the move.

"Jerusalem is ours, the land is ours, and God is with us. We will not accept these decisions and they will have no ramifications," he said, according to reports.

An Islamic Jihad spokesman told Ynet Tuesday that his terrorist organization would begin attacking sites within Israel, not just in the West Bank, in reaction to the decision.

"If the Israelis continue to damage our mosques and holy places, we will respond within the Zionist territory," a spokesman for the al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of Islamic Jihad, was quoted as saying.

So you have Fatah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad all calling for a new Intifada...

www.haaretz.com...

Two events in recent days indicate the threat of an outburst: the protest in Bil'in, which Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad participated in, where some of the 1,000 demonstrators tore apart a short portion of the fence; and the invasion of dozens of right-wing activists into the ancient synagogue of Na'aran, saying "we will return to Jericho and Nablus." In both incidents, the violence was limited and no one was injured. But the struggle over the West Bank has transitioned to a new stage.

I think the middle-east is about to explode... this is perhaps when israel is at its weakest, Hezbollah may try to do something then. backed by lebanon whose backed by syria whose backed by iran... it remains to be seen what will come of all of this.. time will tell..

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
bump*

this is important stuff people...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't think that you're going to get much response on this because it portrays the "peace loving" people of Palestine as religious war mongers.

Once again, you have the calls for a religious war. However it is those who follow the religion of peace that are calling for war. How ironic?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

what do you expect the palestinians to say?
Take our land, kick our people out our homes, and we can still talk about reviving the dead horse which is the peace process?

The peace process died the day Israel chose to continue to support iligal settlements in occuied land. and continues to expand towns in in occupied land.

to much BS

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Look's like according to this article, 3 of the Dubai suspect's fled to Iran!!!! Wait, they did what???? No, that can't be..... Hmmmm

www.jpost.com...

[edit on 24-2-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Look's like according to this article, 3 of the Dubai suspect's fled to Iran!!!! Wait, they did what???? No, that can't be..... Hmmmm

www.jpost.com...

[edit on 24-2-2010 by freetree64]

Fled THROUGH Iran, ,What?? Hmm.

Reading skills required....

They came from Austrailia, Ireland, England and France, Thats the passports they held.

Quite a mix of people to come together , to do a hit....

Couldn't have been Israel.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Al-Arabiya reports that two Palestinians were involved. They fled to Jordan.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yes, reading skill's required, no doubt, Did you even see the headline? Or where the article states, 3 boarded a ship to Iran!!! Geez...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
reply to post by Sean48

Yes, reading skill's required, no doubt, Did you even see the headline? Or where the article states, 3 boarded a ship to Iran!!! Geez...

To go through some where , you have to go to it first.

Are you implying you don't think this was Mousad?

people with 6 passports from different countries, most have credit cards from
the same US bank, and you think what ..?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Perhaps I am incorrect but from the Haaretz article it only suggests that

On Monday, the Palestinian government adopted a plan of action for "non-violent opposition" to the settlements and the fence.

&

Unless he surprises everyone with a daring initiative that will restore control to his agenda, the prime minister will be facing a double intifada from Fayyad and the settler hilltop youth.

For the mean time it's a non violent demonstration which happens every week at West Bank & Gaza at the apartheid wall and illegal settlement.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Another infantada (spelling intentional) huh?? Thats like the 3 millionth this month... Oh well, better polish my jackboots and get my happy stick ready

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Another infantada (spelling intentional) huh?? Thats like the 3 millionth this month... Oh well, better polish my jackboots and get my happy stick ready

Oh look a tROFL (spelling intentional) huh?? That's liek teh 3 millionth this month... Oh well, better update my graphics card.

But seriously dude what are you ignorant or just stupid there have only been 3 intafadas IN THE HISTORY of Israel vs palestine.

Do some research you just make yourself look like an idiot and if you're going to troll throw some half truths in there somewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

I was being ironic.. I KNOW how many infitada's there have been... Experienced it!! But there is always trouble of some sorts... Or seems to be... Not trolling... Just rolling my eyes... Two stubborn peoples who can't or won't agree.. Normals joes like me have to live through it.. The leaders just enjoy causing crap I think.......

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The problem is that while most people in Israel and Palestinian autonomy do not want to make the situation worst, there is no real dialogue between the sides. So extremists in each camp try to take things in their own hands and escalate the situation , usual "the worst - the better" slogan of fanatics.
In West Bank economy blooms. Intifada will just make things worse but it is what Hamas wants. People who have things to loose make bad martyrs.
And in Israel things are also not that clear. My sister visited this sinagogue in Jericho 2 weeks ago as part of tourist group, they were protected by IDF AND Palestinian security forces and they had a nice trip without any problems and without causing any problems. This sinagogue by the way was burned by Palestinians, and was rebuilt by Palestinians. But now a whole bunch of extremists made a cheap show and i fail to see Israeli tourists there in near future.
And as for "national heritage" issue - those sites are Jewish religious and national heritage, it was so before state of Israel. I have a feeling that current law is more politically motivated then anything else, and i fail to see why in current explosive situation Knesset is playing in Hamas hands. Palestinians have to be aware that those sites are important to Jews, but there is no reason to do it in this way,especially now.

top topics

join