It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Does Not Want You to Know!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
OP Ill try and answer these questions later.

peace Op. God bles you.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
From what we have been led to believe about our existence, two people started out in a walled, enclosed garden. They did not have the freedom to roam the earth. They were confined. Why?

nothing about genesis says they were confined. in fact they were told to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it"

how can they accomplish that if they were confined?

Was this due to a previous population that they were being isolated from? Were there other people outside of this Paradise Fema camp? Were they forbidden to interact with the outsiders?

What could have happened to bring the world to such a separation, where these two specimens were kept quarrantined?

where do you get this information from? there is nothing about another population and there is nothing about quarintineing

In their compound there was an intrusion of some kind. It is referred to as the Tree of Knowledge. If they should eat the fruit they would have Knowledge of Good and Evil. (We know that "Tree" can refer to lineage of a species, like a "family tree". So "eating the fruit" may have meant having contact ( talking to or listening to) another being.)

assuming that it is talking figuratively.

Could the 'snake' have actually been someone from the outside who told them their true history? Had the world's population been wiped out again? Were Adam and Eve another genetic start, a quantum leap?

how would knowledge of that lineage get them kicked out? what would kicking them out accomplish? your theory doesnt make sense

Why would God forbid his creatures to have Knowledge? Why would God not want man to be able to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong?

because the "knowledge" was the desire to determine your own path. God himself sets standards and expects his creation to follow those standards.

adam and eve gained knowledge of right and wrong in that they rebeled against god in effect telling him that they would follow thier own standards. not gods.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
^

I
I
I

well that beautiful girl above me did a great job, very good responses.

I would add that God didn't hide people from knowledge. It was a lie by the Devil, God knew this, they didn't, and when they dis obeyed, they broke the law of obedience and were cast out of a state of grace paradise as you call it in the soul.

And the prophets said, mans knowledge would double near the end times, which it has, and where will it get us?

It gets us weapons of mass destruction. We get more knowledge we destroy ourselves, because when you mix lack of grace with knowledge, you get destruction.

which I believe is why God only allowed us to use 11 percent of our brains.

I forgot what percent it was.

peace OP. Good job Miriam. you are very pretty.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
IMO, the story of Adam and Eve is a parable, and eating from the tree of the "knowledge of good and evil" means the loss of original innocence and oneness and the beginning of duality.

I've read the first of the "Anastasia" books that have started a huge "back to nature" movement in Russia (horribly written, that book, so I can only recommend it for the morsels of good content, NOT for the writing).

To make a long story short, the author allegedly stumbles upon this "wild" girl in the middle of nowhere in Siberia. She lives outside in the forest, has no house, doesn't plant anything, lives only by what she finds (foraging), is friends with all the wild animals, etc. -- truly a paradisical existence, if you will. She is also clairvoyant, has healing abilities, and certain powers over the rest of nature.

Now, I'm not at all convinced that she actually exists, but for the sake of argument, let's say she does -- then she'd be one of the few human beings who probably live the way God intended them to. That's how I envision life in Eden... and we blew it. ;o)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join