It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when the federal government forces you to buy health insurance?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The health care plan proposed by President Barack Obama includes an individual mandate requiring every American to have health insurance. This is unconstitutional and therefore illegal for the federal government to force citizens to purchase something they might not want.

If this bill passes, and it is looking like there is a good chance of that happening, what will your reaction be? Will you simply comply and take yet another hit to your individual rights as an American or will you stand up and refuse to accept it?

When I was in my 20's I chose not to pay for health insurance for years because I was not making that much and I was healthy. For a 5 year period I had to visit the doctor three times and paid about $600 out of pocket to do so. If I was to pay for health insurance during that 5 years it would have cost me about $3000 per year. The way I look at it I saved myself $14,400 over those 5 years. It's a good thing that I had that choice. If the heath care bill passes with this mandate in it young people will no longer have that choice. That is wrong and people should not stand for it.

I am in my 40's now with a family so I have the personal responsibility to carry health insurance to care for my family. If I was still single in my 20's with no family to take care of I would be pissed off that the government forced me to buy insurance.

My message to the American people is that if we accept the Federal government forcing us to buy health insurance then you better get used to the tyrannical federal government forcing you to do anything else they want. If they are not stopped now then we are opening the door for them to control us completely.

I will not accept tyranny. I will refuse to show proof of insurance to the federal government. Not because I won't have insurance, because I will not stand for the federal government forcing anything on me.
blog.heritage.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm somewhere between blow it all up or get out of this terrible country

They can only try to make me pay for crap I don't need and I hope everyone else realizes they don't need the crap they peddle either.
If everyone says yea your healthcare = suck I think we'll be alright.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I wont pay the tax nor will I not pay a fine, I love the idea of the government trying to force me to do something. It isnt going to happen and I got a hundred dollars to back it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

When I was in my 20's I chose not to pay for health insurance for years because I was not making that much and I was healthy. For a 5 year period I had to visit the doctor three times and paid about $600 out of pocket to do so. If I was to pay for health insurance during that 5 years it would have cost me about $3000 per year. The way I look at it I saved myself $14,400 over those 5 years. It's a good thing that I had that choice.

I'm glad it worked out for you...but for thousands (if not millions) of people with this same line of thought...it doesn't work out.

They get seriously ill...or get into an accident...or get someone pregnant, or get pregnant themselves. And then what happens? It increases the costs for everyone or we pay for their healthcare through our tax dollars.

I support the mandate...but wish it had a public option to go along with it. Otherwise you are just giving the insurance companies more customers and money.

I think individuals should have a choice to opt-out of the mandate...but then sign a waiver that they are ineligible for medicaid, medicare, and social security if something happens to them. And the hospitals shouldn't have to write off their expenses...they should be able to sue them for whatever they own.

And if they ever want to buy back into insurance...they should have a year (at least) probation period where they pay for their policy but can not use it. This will prevent people from opting out and then picking up a policy right when they get sick...since they will also be removing pre-exisiting conditions.

You took a gamble...but you gambled with our tax dollars...not your own money.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Guess I will leave. Don't know where to. government insurance...sounds a bit mafia-esque.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I guess I will one of the new inmates of the PRISON INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

They have ONE thing to worry about though if I go to jail.

I have studied history and the military. It will be MY DUTY to rally fellow prisoners to make it as expensive and manpower intensive as possible.

This move IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL and by my VERY beliefs an ACT OF WAR against the US citizens. I HOPE IT PASSES.

Let the Revolution begin now.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Government does everything at the point of a gun.

Period.

If you believe in freedom, then you must believe in allowing people to make choices and to control their own finances.

Prior to government run healthcare in this country, charity hospitals took care of the impoverished. Today, charity hospitals have all but vanished thanks to government forcing "charity" upon us at the point of a gun.

Freedom works, tyranny fails.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have told my Senators, both of whom support HR3200, as follows:

1. I will not comply with any mandate to purchase Health Care Insurance from any private insurance company.
2. There are no circumstances, consequences, or penalties that will alter my position on compliance.
3. I will pay no fines associated with non-compliance
4. I will pay no additional tax as a penalty for non-compliance
5. Any effort undertaken to enforce compliance will be resisted by any and all means that are appropriate and necessary.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Throw me in jail, cause I'm not paying a goddamn thing for health care. I'm a combat veteran, and I've done my time, payed my fine, and I don't owe anyone anything. Of all these politicians who have our interests at heart, hardly a one of them would back their convictions with their lives like I did, and they want me to pay to stay in the club? Screw off. The prisoners at Guantanamo get better health care than most Americans, and I know, because I was a prison guard there, and I took 'tainers to the clinic. You say it isn't fair if we don't all pay our fare share, that it unduly burdens other tax payers? What about all these "conflicts" fought for nothing but fear of a word: terror? They cost money. They cost us our health care, our schools, our roads. Bring ALL the effing troops home, not just the "combat" troops, and Ill think about paying.

This country is Effed in the A. Go ahead, tell me I have to pay, and see what happens. I won't be alone.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have that craptastic VA care that you have to pay for unless you're dirt poor. If I was in the position to be forced into it, then taking a crap in a jar, putting it in a box and mailing it to them with a few choice words seems about right.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Silverado292]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

"Craptastic", excellent choice of words. That sums up my experience with the VA. I might send my own Turd-O-Gram. Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I think individuals should have a choice to opt-out of the mandate...but then sign a waiver that they are ineligible for medicaid, medicare, and social security if something happens to them. And the hospitals shouldn't have to write off their expenses...they should be able to sue them for whatever they own.

You took a gamble...but you gambled with our tax dollars...not your own money.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

I have to take issue with these two statements(with respect).

#1:Medicaid, medicare, and social security are already taxed. I know this as my paycheck is itemized for each. Now my question is if I am already forced to pay for the social safety nets, why for the love of all that is holy would I accept having more taxes heaped on me under threat of having those services denied. I feel pretty safe to assume that I would continue paying for them in any case.

#2: The way you word "our tax dollars" bothers me. Remember that it is "ALL of our tax dollars" not only a select group. In many cases the person taking that "gamble" has been an honest taxpayer for many years. The way I see it, it is "their" money in many cases.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm truly at a loss why so many Americans are against this. I bet in about 10 years you'll all be saying what a great system it is and your kids will grow up wondering what took you so long.

I know it's a cultural thing and it is difficult to adopt such radical changes so easily but you will in time.

I'd be proud if my leader was making such a massive cultural and social leap.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't think I gambled with anyones tax money. If I did get seriously ill, I would have had to pay out of my pocket. It was my money I gambled with.

I can't see how anyone that loves freedom can support a mandate from the Federal government forcing us to to anything. I guess some people feel the need to be taken care of by big government. I prefer to make it on my own with my own choices.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It increases the costs for everyone or we pay for their healthcare through our tax dollars.

Here is a sad example of someone that either skipped econ 101 or failed the class.

As a remedial lesson, please explain to the rest of us exactly what the difference to our individual pocket books would be between the government raising our taxes to pay for other people's healthcare, or insurance companies raising our fees to pay for other people's healthcare.

The difference in the bottom line please?

If you can't figure out the answer, scroll down ....

There is no difference!

So, why do this obamacare bill?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i told you guys once, but i'll do it again. everything that this health scare bill does and is HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. the Child-Support System is the Exact same thing. you keep thinking they can't get away with it?? HAHAHA WRONG...

get use to the idea, its gonna happen, your gonna PAY, and your gonna spend time in jail even when you do PAY.

all the High and Mighty crapola you guys keep spitting out is just SILLY and Funny. Check out the Child Support system, compare it to the health care, then look at what you wrote. its gonna happen, by the Child support system alone the PUBLIC at Large has already said " OK

enjoy..

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
I'm truly at a loss why so many Americans are against this. I bet in about 10 years you'll all be saying what a great system it is and your kids will grow up wondering what took you so long.

I know it's a cultural thing and it is difficult to adopt such radical changes so easily but you will in time.

I'd be proud if my leader was making such a massive cultural and social leap.

I don't know where you are from but it is anti-freedom and anti-American to allow the federal government to force the people to do anything. That is not their role. They have no right to make people buy health insurance.

Maybe where you are from you are used to the goverment running your life.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What will I do? Most likely what we have had to do in MA already. Have insurance, or have a fine taken out of our tax returns.

One would think the massive Fail happening in this state would be a sign to TPTB. Apparently not.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

I don't know where you are from but it is anti-freedom and anti-American to allow the federal government to force the people to do anything. That is not their role.

Bad News Alert

You will do whatever they tell you to friend.
You have no choices.
You will bend over , grab a cheek with each hand, and Hum the
Star Spangled banner.

Your choice will be vaseline, or oil

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Maybe where you are from you are used to the goverment running your life.

I'm from England and contrary to what you say I'm hugely proud of our Health Service and have benefited greatly from it, as have many people I know. Not only that I have many friends and family who are also employed by it as doctors and nurses.

I get what you're saying about being forced and all that but so what? It's going to be a benefit to your whole country eventually.

One day your children WILL be proud to say you have this system in place.

I understand when people get angry about government intervention, but when it's for good I think you are being quite childish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join