It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(70s?)UK television hijacking. Yourthoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
So I was thinking about that hijacking of some television signals in Europe somwhere.
The intergalatic message of peace one.
I don't have allthe details right now since I'm on my iPod.
But to people who know what I'm talking about. What are your thoughts on it? Do you think it's real?

I do. Cuz I've noticed the voice mentions many things that weren't even thought of back then.
And I also have explanations for alot of the reasons people labeled it as just a prank.

For 1. people said it was a local prank, since the broadcast didn't appear in America. Or anywhere else for that matter. Well based on another conspiracie theory, remember how the American government supposedly striked a deal with extraterestials to keep their existance on the down low
. so if the broadcast would of appeared in America, it would of broken the deal. So why not contact one of the next bigger areas?

That's the only one I can remeber now. So yeah what are YOUR thoughts?
and if you have no clue what I'm rambling on about. Here's a link
blog.hasslberger.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and debunked here before. I've seen the so called broadcast before, and it looks faker than a fake thing in a fake thing shop. So i'm going to have to side with popular opinion on this.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ITN, Vrillon of Ashtar command!

2nd

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ITN, Vrillon of Ashtar command!

2nd

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I couldnt get the Video to work, so her is another link to one that work..

It is an youtuBe..

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I must say that the impressive title of "representative of the Asthar galactic command" suggests that Vrillon has access to technology far beyond our comprehension...

What a shame that Vrillon was only able to hijack one transmitter in the south of England meaning that just a few hundred people got to hear this important message

Seriously... this IS a very interesting story that i have not heard of before... so S+F just for that

However, on this one, i call hoax

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can imagine people listening in the seventies may have been pretty alarmed and may have even believed it. Don't know what I would have made of it? I was only 6 at the time and not from that part of the UK. I have no memory of this...

By todays standards... Worst hoax ever!!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It was stated from the ITN broadcaster that the "ET" message was transmitted from the hannington transmitter, In the southwest of england, A renowed place of "UFO" incidents. Also crop circles

[edit on 23-2-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
It was stated from the ITN broadcaster that the "ET" message was transmitted from the hannington transmitter, In the southwest of england, A renowed place of "UFO" incidents. Also crop circles

[edit on 23-2-2010 by foxhoundone]

From a recording studio?because that is what it sounds like.
There is a thread from around 2yrs ago about this nonsense.
It was some prankster with a flange pedal ,4 track studio,
and a transmitter, nothing more imo.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
What a shame that Vrillon was only able to hijack one transmitter in the south of England meaning that just a few hundred people got to hear this important message

Not to mention spoken with a British accent.

But no matter how many logical fallacies one brings up about this hoax, there are those who will engage in all sorts of rationalization and special pleading to continue believing aliens were responsible.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Wiki Article About This Hoax.

a spokesman for Southern Television confirmed that "A hoaxer jammed our transmitter in the wilds of North Hampshire by taking another transmitter very close to it." [2]

The transmission remains one of the few incidents of genuine broadcast signal intrusion to occur in the UK.

Would a group of Aliens, capable of crossing hundreds if not thousands of light years of space, be so illiterate that the best they could do is broadcast over a cartoon on one low powered station?

It was probably all the hoaxer could do to keep from breaking down laughing in the middle of the fake speech.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think I read that it was broadcasted on April 1st... but don't take my word for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
OK, my "voice from within" is speaking clearly to me now. The entity speaking on the recording is a hoaxer. Thank you "voice from within".

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I think I read that it was broadcasted on April 1st... but don't take my word for it.

The Southern Television broadcast hoax (1977) was a broadcast interruption through the Hannington transmitter of the Independent Broadcasting Authority in the United Kingdom at 5:10 PM on 26 November 1977.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Phlynx

The Southern Television broadcast hoax (1977) was a broadcast interruption through the Hannington transmitter of the Independent Broadcasting Authority in the United Kingdom at 5:10 PM on 26 November 1977.

Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well i believe the Ashtar Command to be a bunch of hoaxters trying to compete with the GFL. If the Ashtar command is alien then they are hellbent on hoaxing their existance.We had a commander in the ahstar command here on ATS but he was banned for putting up one too many hoaxes you can see it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Star & Flag to the OP for bringing this to light.
This is the first time I've heard of this. It seems a hoax to me. After listening to the voice with effects and sinister tone, I could not help but notice the British Accent...
As other commenters have pointed out, this important message would have surely been broadcast on every frequency in our broadcast spectrum and not just an isolated region in England.

I think someone took one too many acid-trips while listening to Hawkwind and decided to deliver their own space ritual message to the masses.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Being older than most on here I actually remember this broadcast, I can't remember the exact time of the broadcast but I'm thinking between 7 and 8pm. We were all sat watching TV on the 17th Floor of the block of flats we lived in, in Dalston East London.

As freaky as it seemed I thought it was quite funny at the time but my older brother was quite sure it was something real. The one thing that came to my mind was the stilted British accent, it just sounded wrong and may I say stupid.

Still, it gave us something to chat about for the evening..

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wartooth420
So yeah what are YOUR thoughts?

G'day wartooth420

My thoughts are this is not worth giving thought to.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

join