It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a random question here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't know, but I was reading how we have so much nuclear waste and that we don't know what to do with it.

I was thinking what if we disposed of it by sending it into the sun?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Maybe they don't because there is a chance that a launch could go badly wrong and dump its payload into the atmosphere when it did? And then there are the the costs.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by fumanchu]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Pretty expensive.

Right now it costs about $10,000 to put one pound of anything into a low Earth orbit. It would cost a lot more to get that one pound out of Earth orbit and into an orbit that would send it into the Sun. Or anywhere else where we wouldn't have to worry about running into it again at some point.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
or you could jsut use a big ass rubber band. actually we could skip the neede resources for the rubber band and just use janice dickinson's lips.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
how about dumping it to black hole?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
how about dumping it to black hole?

All the garbage we've put in there so far has just returned coming out of kanyes mouth.

Lol, what's the closest black hole we know of? The one in the center of our galaxy, might take a while..... a long while, and some real precision.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
why put it into the sun when we can just dump it all in some 3rd world country. it's what the world is doing to somolia.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Actually there is a chemical or compound called Zeolite that absorbs the radioactiveness, and harmfullness of nuclear shock deposites, pollutions and or fallout syptoms related. They are planning to clean up heavily polluted and danger zones with this "Zeolite".

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
dumping it in the crater of an erupting volcano

might be a good idea .

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What a disgusting idea. Why not just stop making nuclear waste?
I think we got rid of alot it dumping it on Iraq....

new topics

top topics

join