It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government employees are not innocent...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are accusing people who work jobs in the USA as being akin to nazi concentration camp guards?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are accusing people who work jobs in the USA as being akin to nazi concentration camp guards?

Hey, they were just doing their jobs, right? They didn't make policy, right? Same thing. Oh, but I suppose you want to keep things convenient for your own piece of mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Not all guards gassed jews or shot them or beat them, some just kept the line of jewish prisoners moving into the prison camps or moving onto the trains.

They did not commit outright acts of evil such as assault or murder but they knew what was going to happen to those prisoners and they sat back, did their job, got their paycheck, and fed their family.

Did you read my comment on the Milgram experiments? The goal of the Milgram experiments was to see if anyone could be a nazi soldier, to see just how willing people are to following orders even if those orders harm others. The answer they got from that experiment is 2 out of 3 people.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

listen, i've been dead once, had a breast cut off, contracted diabetes from chemotherapy that killed one too many things, been in a coma on total life support, and before i went there, i was driven slowly insane from infection in my brain so don't round off on me about CONVENIENCE! you are not the only person on the planet. and the other people on the planet are not the only ones that have suffered because of poor choices that governments make! BUT EVEN IN THE FACE OF NEARLY BEING KILLED BY GULF WAR SYNDROME, I STILL HAVE ENOUGH SENSE NOT TO WANT TO KILL MY OWN COUNTRY MEN (OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER!)

take your collateral damage and shove it up your hind quarters!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

I'm going to assume you're an American citizen. By your logic, an employee of a government agency is just as guilty or dirty as the agency itself. Guilt by association. So, wouldn't that also mean that a citizen of the U.S. is just as guilty or dirty as the U.S. itself? Guilt by association? You say that people have a choice of where they work. Well, they also have a choice of where they live. By your logic and reasoning sir, you need to move to a foriegn country. One where no one is ripping anybody off, charging outrages taxes, no sky-high unemployment, no government corruption, and an overall high quality of life.

When you get to Norway or Iceland, let me know how it's going.
[Really though, they do seem like peaceful places to live]

Peace

link   

listen, i've been dead once, had a breast cut off, contracted diabetes from chemotherapy that killed one too many things, been in a coma on total life support, and before i went there, i was driven slowly insane from infection in my brain so don't round off on me about CONVENIENCE! you are not the only person on the planet. and the other people on the planet are not the only ones that have suffered because of poor choices that governments make! BUT EVEN IN THE FACE OF NEARLY BEING KILLED BY GULF WAR SYNDROME, I STILL HAVE ENOUGH SENSE NOT TO WANT TO KILL MY OWN COUNTRY MEN (OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER!)

take your collateral damage and shove it up your hind quarters!

Don't tell me jack nor # about GWS. Unlike you, I've never used it as an excuse for anything. Most of the above just sounds like a personal problem. I said nothing about any justification of killing my own country men. Not once. You need to seek professional help, at least give the VA a call, and get some happy pills.

link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

oh give me a freakin' break. i'm not even in the military (and never was) and i nearly died from it. but that doesn't mean i'm going to go shoot the guy next door because he's a general or something.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by undo]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

i apologize. i somehow ended up attributing to you, the other comments in the thread about trying and executing military and civilian personnel. (neither of which applies to me, BTW!)

i dunno why i thought you were in support of such a concept. but when you start comparing me to a nazi, that's when my hackles go up.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by undo]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You have to understand there are two realities in America. One, everything is OK, those dirty arab terrorists want to kill us but America must be protected at all cost even if we have to give up our rights as human beings and let the government take total power over our lives.On the other hand 911 was an inside job. Our government is doing it's best to destroy the country on behalf of some bankers who have dreams of world domination and want to control all world resources and by the by were Hitlers' sponsors and caused WWII and the holocaust and killed JFK and staged 911. Which is it? One you can't say because it is not popular. The other you have to put your head in the sand and pretend to be stupid.
But before we give up our rights to a "benevolent" government that is controlled by the people who gave us Hitler AND the holocaust and claim to want to reduce the population by 95%, before you give up your rights to life, liberty and happiness to these people, you better think about who they really are and what they really want and what they already have in place to get what they want.
If we are totally living a lie, then we are not going to see our way through.and we help them along by pretending not to see what they are doing

[edit on 21-2-2010 by m khan]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

if killing people is wrong (and it is), then it's still wrong tomorrow, next year, next century, here, there, and everywhere.

many agree that war sucks. many vote to get war stopped.
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. but it certainly doesn't mean we stop and shoot our entire military and civilan workforce because the big guys aren't abiding by our wishes.

where do you live?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

My comment to you was muddled and misdirected.

I never advocated killing people, I don't think it will help things.

I was trying to make the point that some government jobs in some ways are akin to the theoretical nazi soldier prison guard (IRS, local law enforcement, DEA) and that while I do not advocate attacks on them, if those government workers are killed I will not shed tears for them because I see them as akin to the stereotypical nazi soldier, blindly willing to follow any order and get his paycheck.

I was not talking about all government jobs.

You weren't even talking about all government jobs, you were talking about all jobs in the country.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey, I never said anybody should kill anybody. I just think we need to stand up to these bankers and not let them take over the world. They have actually already taken over the world and they are directing our military to genocide poor villagers in Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iraq. That is a fact. They are not working for America. They may be American's but they are working for Nazi Germany.which is alive and well in American high finance.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
Are you an employee of the US government?

Why? Are you with the IRS or something? 'haha thats my joke. ' (Dr. Amonker)

you are just as culpable?

So culpability these days comprises of no trial, no rights..just getting a PRIVATE plane crashed into your workplace.' Now aint that america' (J.C. Mellencamp)

accepted member of an occupying dictatorship.

I know that the revolution hasn't become violent up to this point and that we are still trying to take the country back through peaceful means...

Who if I may ask is we? 'True Americans'? I see your visions of grandiosity as if they were my own. (And Im glad they are not) You want to march up the white house steps in your cowboy hat, shi& kickers and an AR, and tell this colerd president just how it is here in the 'good ole US...dont you?

All I can say to that is..TRY IT.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by MasterJedi]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by m khan

where do you live?
Who wants to know?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

okay, so who do you propose be in the military or police? people who stop to argue before acting on orders?

that'd work real well in operating rooms, too, don't you think?

"Nurse?"
"Yes doctor?"
"Forceps, please."
"No, sorry. I don't think I will do that."

you train people for certain types of jobs, to be able to do the job under extreme duress. i'm not condoning such things.

i remember an off duty police officer talking to me one day in a coffee shop, while he was extremely drunk and trying to sober up from his drunk. i asked him what could be so bad that he had to drink himself silly. he said he had to pull the mangled body of a 2 year old child from a wreck and had to drink to try to get the image of it out of his head. that was the extent of his capacity to deal with such things and frankly, it was the extent he was trained to deal with. military people are trained to do what needs to be done, no matter what. it's bad but you wouldn't be able to get an untrained person to do the same thing unless they were half crazy.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Actually we are all guilty that the country is headed for destruction because we let them kill Kennedy and we didn't do anything about it. And we let them get away with Waco and Murrah and 911 and we didn't hold them accountable.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Tell me something, Do you actually think about the stuff you read or do you simply react to it without thinking?

i'm sorry but bumperstickers are too simplistic a medium for something this important. you're just going to have to puzzle over this a long while until my point sinks in.

It's just the way it works: thinking and learning are hard.

reply to post by joeofthemountain

since i was responding to you saying ANYONE in the military or civilian sectors of a government that is a "dictatorship," can be tried, arrested etc, for crimes by the STATE, which would require a violent coup, would it not, since the state currently doesn't try and arrest its own military people for doing the jobs it has hired them to do? i mean you are talking about violence against the government to restore the old republic, correct? why else would you mention trying and convicting military people on the grounds that they are part of the machine which is furthering the suffering of others? freudian slip, perhaps?

doesn't sound constitutionalist to me. sounds like a communist takeover.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

an american.
i'm american and you are.......? i mean if we're gonna criticize government, i'd like to know where your country is so i can see if it's a good role model.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wow, have you seen Shindler's List? You want efficiency You want everybody following orders without thinking. You might get it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by m khan

an american.
i'm american and you are.......? i mean if we're gonna criticize government, i'd like to know where your country is so i can see if it's a good role model.

I'm not telling you nothing. It is none of your "snippy" business. If I were a foreigner I would still be entitled to have an opinion about this country or any country,.And as for my beloved country, I can tell you that it is the most heinous on earth at least the government is. If people would just wake up and realize what the government is up to we could get back on track and the economy would recover. We have got no business fighting wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iraq. 911 was an inside job for "snips" sake.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join