Government employees are not innocent...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+33 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Are you an employee of the US government? If so, then doesn't that relinquish any hold on the word "innocent" you could have claimed, if and when that civic building is destroy in a revolution?

I've noticed that everyone who comments on the Joe Stack situation, pays homage to the "innocents" who died when he crashed into the building. But wouldn't you say that if you worked for a company that stole money from its customers, and knowingly did nothing to stop them, that you are just as culpable?

Corruption in the magnitude of the US government is at a level that noone can claim to be ignorant of the fact. Therefore if you should be hurt/killed in the line of fire, you are no "innocent" fodder, but rather a knowing and accepted member of an occupying dictatorship.

I know that the revolution hasn't become violent up to this point and that we are still trying to take the country back through peaceful means... But if you still work for an agency of the government, then you are accepting the credo of your employer, and can claim no innocence when the time for talk has ended... Find a job with a company that shares your core values, lest we assume that you already have.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by MasterJedi]

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
you sir are heartless.... what happens when the only job you can get is for the government sitting at a desk greeting people as they walk into a building .... or an accountant .... or a janitor ... they need to pay the rent like everyone else... they arent doing it to benifit Uncle Sam they are doing it for themselves to put food on the table and support a family ...

They are innocent and you cant rob them of that with your petty words and terribly slanted view of the world

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

That's a bit menacing, all rather sinister.

I hardly think you can blame a clerk in a tax office for all your nations ills, still less anyone else employed in the civil service in some menial administrative capacity.

Blame yourself, your friends and family. You lot voted these people into office. Try campaigning to get them out, get your own people voted in, instead of posting your veiled threats.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I threaten noone... Please don't think that I do...

I'd as soon flip burgers at a fast food joint before accepting a job within the government. You can't tell me that you can't find another job, just one you see yourself as "above". And that is only the fault of your ego.

I refer back to my example of working for a company that steals from its patrons... At least in that case the patrons have a choice of establishments. Whereas we have no choice in whether we pay the government.

I'm as caring and compassionate as the next person, but I stand my belief that you are not innocent if you knowingly work for a corrupt boss.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So you want all the teachers, firefighters and policemen to quit their jobs, because they are government jobs? You want all the people who process Social Security and Medicare to quit their jobs? Or, being god, will you sort out for us which of these should quit and which can stay?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
With the job market the way it is now for millions of people in a lot of cases either a government job or government assistance are among the only options available.

Anyone who chooses to work rather than simply take a check should be admired, not vilified, even if that choice was to take a government job.

Times and policies will change over time, it is hardly the fault of government employees if you are strongly opposed to the government.

Your elected officials and policy/law makers are fair game on the other hand for criticisms.

Blame the bosses, not the workers.

The American people have the power through collective will and VOTES to change things... But we always seem to pick liars, crooks and corruption... So in reality we only have ourselves to blame.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
So you want all the teachers, firefighters and policemen to quit their jobs, because they are government jobs? You want all the people who process Social Security and Medicare to quit their jobs? Or, being god, will you sort out for us which of these should quit and which can stay?

Actually the teachers, policeman, & Fireman serve society and perform much needed functions of society that benefits everyone.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Personally, I think you're trolling to sound like a bad ass, and it's coming off just like an ass.
So go on, go flip burgers.
Just realize that whatever burger joint you deem worthy to employ your morally superior personage is likely supporting factory farming, slave wages, lack of sufficient benefits and intentional turn-over, all to keep their overhead at a minimum.
Doesn't that sound like it's part of the problem, rather than part of your 'solution'.
Honestly, I get so tired of people who just talk out of their arse to try to sound smarter than they really are...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Really thats all your thread was about ? whining about paying taxes? Paying taxes does suck ... but blaming it on people who work for the government ... AND pay their taxes is just ludicrous

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Most government employees are just ordinary people trying to keep a roof over their heads and put food on the dinner plate, just like the rest of us. They're not responsible for their employers' misdeeds any more than anyone else is.

But if you really want to make that argument, then you'd better carefully examine your own employer, not to mention the products you spend your money on.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Are there people who work for the government who just let them get away with it? Yes.

But that is not all of the employees. In fact, I would venture to say that MOST employees, especially the kind that you seem to be talking about, try to help us when we have to deal with them. I'd also say that they don't just let the boss who is directly over them, and probably a few bosses over that, walk all over them.

Most people just plain have more pride then that.

Attempting to demonize all government workers is petty.

I'd work for the government. Why you may ask? Because that seems like the best way to get any sort of change...maybe not in a grand way, but I could, if I was some sort of IRS worker, help a citizen find that one loop hole that saves them from paying their whole life savings worth in taxes.

I look at these employees as trying to help me first before I think of them as "working for the man"

I'd also make sure you know full and well within yourself what you want your message to be. Society is teetering on this fence right now. We are half government hating, and half just plain being passive. Just because we hate the machine doesn't mean we have to hate every nut and bolt that makes it up.

If/when any sort of revolution begins, these government workers can be our biggest allies. They know the inner workings, they have the access to the documents and files that we want to expose the corruption.

And something tells me there is a portion of them with said documents and files waiting for the right time to pounce.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So does this mean the Mail Carriers deserve to get shot? Does this mean the Park Ranger protecting the animals and forest should be fair game? The OSHA inspector ensuring that people have the apropriate safety equipment is a fair target? Really can you blame every person for the corruption at the top?

To believe the janitor dumping trash cans is opressing you is twisted logic. To say the head of the IRS or Fed is responsible is debatable but much more logical.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Starred and flagged, Good post. Ever notice how difficult is is sometimes to get a government employee to admit they work for the government? The US government is the world's largest employer...

With about 2.0 million civilian employees, the Federal Government, excluding the Postal Service, is the Nation's largest employer.
About 85 percent of Federal employees work outside the Washington, DC metropolitan area.

www.bls.gov...

Try to get a Welfare worker to admit they work for the State, and thus for the government. I tried this several times, and was refused each time to name their employer. The government is way too big, there are many government workers that do nothing for pay, and I would suppose, knowing government as I do that there are a few ghost employees too.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

All you're doing here is dividing people up into groups and treating them as virtual enemies. Other posters here are correct, Government jobs are fine, especially if you can't get anything else, it wouldn't be a much better outcome if people did quit Government jobs either. The blame should be placed entirely upon the people behind the scenes, creating these problems in the first place. Most people don't even believe in all this conspiracy stuff anyway, so they probably haven't even considered that a Government job might be a bad thing.

[edit on 21/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have just as many responsibilities to look after as anyone else, 2 kids, a wife and a household which depends on me for support. Yet, still I manage to do so without supporting a corrupt institution. Except for the unlawful withdrawal that the government makes before I'm even given mine.

In response to all those who seem to think I'm on some God-trip, I've never claimed to be morally superior, unless stating that I'd not work for a corrupt employer makes me better than you in your eyes...

Also, blaming it on the economy is a weak response, as there are many places hiring, although you might have to be willing to take a chance and move to another part of the country. I'd do as much to avoid the inherent dangers of working for someone who doesn't value their employees.

In conclusion, I'm not whining about paying taxes although I am a supporter of tax reform in the form of a Fair Tax.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Once again your major beef with government workers is the fact that the government taxes you .... thats absolutely rediculous ... instead of posting that here why dont you call your senator...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

I do, and will continue to. This is not about taxes.

If Satan had a business making chopsticks, and required by law that everyone buy the chopsticks... Would you be the grunt who made them?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
I have just as many responsibilities to look after as anyone else, 2 kids, a wife and a household which depends on me for support. Yet, still I manage to do so without supporting a corrupt institution. Except for the unlawful withdrawal that the government makes before I'm even given mine.

Well, since you've decided which jobs should be given up in the best interests of the country, why don't you tell us what you do for a living?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864

Originally posted by novacs4me

Actually the teachers, policeman, & Fireman serve society and perform much needed functions of society that benefits everyone.

... as does the IRS by collecting funds to feed and clothe firemen, policemen & teachers....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

I'm a network engineer

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join