It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every dolphin's gone surfin'! Stunning pictures as hundreds play among some monster waves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How fun would that be, to swim with Dolphins in the ocean with those huge waves. Looks like a lot of FUN!!!!! Nice pictures. Nature is Beautiful!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to show my kids. They'll love those photos. I can't help but wonder if terrible accidents like mass beachings happen as a result of dolphins playing in the surf like that? Could a really big wave launch them ashore, or is that possible?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Come to Florida
We swim with them in the Halifax River down at Ponce Inlet.... FOR FREE they are wild

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I surfed with dolphins south of Acapulco. They were looking at me and we knew that it was all for fun. If they had faces that would move and show a smile then humans would relate to them much better. We tend to look down on any creature that cannot move its face.
There is always some idiot that thinks they are sharks and tries to kill them.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I hope aliens abduct Dolphin's soon, to save them from the horrible atrocities that humans are committing against this planet.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Dolphins are truly amazing. I see them quite often in my line of work. I've even got close enough to touch afew of them before. Its even funnier to see them underwater and watch the tourists freak out because they think its a shark.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deenuu
Im an aussie surfer and every summer we get to surf with dolphins when they migrate down the coast. If you duck your head under when they are close you can hear them sing, they get so close that i have brushed one with my foot. Its a very special and spiritual time for me when this happens as they really do surf with you by jumping through the waves and flipping around. By the way those waves arnt big, definetly no fear of god, and no-where near 25 ft. But pix made me smile at work. cheerz

Same dude. Have had a couple of times where they have come to within less than a metre of me, just cruising on past. Actually had a pod of about 40 of em come past me one night just before I came in. The worst thing about it was it was about 8:15 at night, and only saw 1 fin come up. Where I was surfing (Shark Island) was about 150 metres from land, and I wasn't close enough to get up on the Island, so I just thought "Oh well, my time has come. Strangest feeling of calm I had ever had. Then it hit me why, when another 35-40 fins popped up and I realised they were Dolphins! Sneaky bastards

And you're right, those waves were struggling to push 4 foot. If that. But still fun to ride nonetheless.

And people, one of the coolest things you can have happen is to be surfing in crystal clear water, and see a penguin (YES, A PENGIUN!!!!) scooting round and actually riding the waves with you. Have had that happen a couple of times. Years ago there was a random little penguin that used to live round the beaches round my area, the southern parts of Sydney. Was the coolest little guy to have round when out surfing. Was cool just to see him cruising round whilst out surfing.

Damn, now I wanna start surfing again............damn work!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join