It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Luther King Jr: The Case Reviewed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
One thing that I find interesting is how did James Earl Ray have a phone number to one of Jack Ruby's clubs when he got arrested? What does that mean? What connection does that signify?

It might mean nothing. Dillinger, Machine Gun Kelly, The Barkers, and any number of criminals all visited the same bars in Chicago and St. Paul. Even though they all knew the bartender and the criminals running the place they didn't all know each other for months.

If Ruby was a big guy in the underground world, or even just a successful fence, chances are he knew dozens if not hundreds of criminals. He could have been doing a favor for anyone of them. He might not have even known Ray. It could be that somebody said "call this number and ask for Jack..."

edit for missing letters.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hey mate, what can I say that hasn't already been said, I personally think that your case reviews are THE BEST THING ON ATS and when you find time (lol) I would ask if you could do a review on J.Edgar Hoover. Wouldn't we all like to know what he is responsible for. He was an EVIL Bastard as far as I'm concerned and so many of the reviews have him as a role player. I wonder if he kept a diary and if so where would it be??

Anyway, I digress mate, another excellent job and a great read.

Thank you
Hump

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Mike, always a pleasure to have you come by! And thank you for your thoughts. I agree with most of your comments. And I really agree with this statement:

If Ruby was a big guy in the underground world, or even just a successful fence, chances are he knew dozens if not hundreds of criminals. He could have been doing a favor for anyone of them. He might not have even known Ray. It could be that somebody said "call this number and ask for Jack..."

It is very true that most criminal organizations were connected through floaters or fences. And if names were being tossed around chances are ways to contact them were as well. Especially since Rays brother was affiliated with the criminal under world. The connection here is very easy to connect, but I do not think Jack Ruby had any direct involvement with MLK's assassination. It is possible, but personally, I doubt it.

reply to post by Hump01

Thank you for the kind words my friend
Glad you enjoyed it and as always I appreciate your continued support. As for Hoover, I think that would be a great thread
I have added him to the list!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
H! Late getting here -- I started reading the day the thread came up, but am only now getting back to finish it and comment.

Many of us have had concerns with the official story in this case, (as much as with JFK). It's just never really made complete sense, and even criminals generally "make sense", in their way. There were always too many unanswered questions in terms of motivation and ability.

Many individuals and groups feared MLK, and what he was capable of accomplishing. Nobody had ever seen anyone capable of the influence he carried in the African American community. People feared his power in this respect, and no one knew what to expect, although he always presented his ideals and ideas as peaceful, and there was nothing whatsoever to indicate anything different.

It's really terrible what fear can do. And jealousy, and I firmly believe there was some of that involved as well.

This is a really informative and great thread. Hats off to the OP for the good work and attention to detail.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Bump bc this thread deserves to be at the top today

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
While in high school during the 80's I went to a football camp at FSU. I rode a greyhound bus home from Tallahassee to St Petersburg. The bus picked up a guy that had just gotten out of prison for bank robbery and, of course, he sat down next to me. One of the many prison stories he had to share with me (all pretty scary for a 15 year old) was that James Earl Ray was actually his cell mate for a little while. He said that Ray always said he was innocent but that one night he actually told my new "friend" that not only did he do it, he did it alone.

Not worth much I know...maybe worse than hearsay, lol...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
for today this should be at the top, always a good read

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
On some positions a coward has asked the question, is it safe? Expediency asks the question, is it politic? Vanity asks the question, is it popular? But conscience asks the question, is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe nor politic nor popular but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right. —Martin Luther King Jr., November 1967

Wonderful words. He is much missed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join