It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Luther King Jr: The Case Reviewed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I appreciate this post. Some Black Americans have been saying this for a while now, especially after the leaked FBI documents that showed FBI involvement in many of the assinations of the leaders in The Black Power Movement. The Hoover FBI encourage racism and feared the change of that era. The actions of that man alone (Hoover) gives everyone the right to question government... although constitutional freedoms already dictate that it is our responsibility not just our right to ask questions.

I would not be surprised if Hoover and the FBI was involved in the Kennedy assasination as well. I fear what a man like that would do at times like these where a dose of fear is taken with our first sip of coffee.

If anyone thought the Bush or Clinton admistration was shady... Hoover would make them look like saviors.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

BEWARE: VIDEO IS GRAPHIC!!!!!

Good job TML.

One thing that I find interesting is how did James Earl Ray have a phone number to one of Jack Ruby's clubs when he got arrested? What does that mean? What connection does that signify?

I do have to think that JFK, RFK and MLK were all executed by the same group. Which leads me to LBJ and Hoover. I don't know how the hell JER got that phone # but it just cannot be coincidence, there has to be something to it.

That, folks, leads us back to the JFK conspiracy and makes one helluva circle. Three patsies involved in all stories, all made up to hide the real killers so they could benefit, stay in power and have their cushy lifestyles all paid for my us. The status quo must be maintained at all costs, no matter who is killed or how ridiculous the story is they come up with to cover it up.

MLK's whole family believes that JER had nothing to do with it. Come on, what does that tell you if the family of the murdered man doesn't believe the OS?

EDIT: Screwed up the Youtube link. See if I get it right.

[edit on 2/20/2010 by TheLoony]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Great thread Myth S&F as always!
The MLK murder has always fascinated me as for main suspects look no further then Hoover and the FBI and military intelligence they had the means,motive and opportunity.The FBI had a long running vendetta against King as well as a irrational fear of the civil rights movement military intelligence were getting spooked by MLK because around the time of his death the anti-war movement was gaining support as it became clear that Vietnam was not winnable and King among others were beginning to speak out against the war.Fred Hampton's murder sholud also be a future case review it bares many of the elements of the FBI's Cointellpro operation

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Yet another great thread.

MLK's assassination was a tragedy and one we clearly don't know everything about.

I've had Martin Luther King's autobiography lying around for ages. I really should get round to reading it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Great work, Thanks for this i have read about 4 of your case reviews so far and they are amazing, the Diana one was great to me being British and all, Thanks keep up the good work

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Another well Put together piece,i really enjoy reading your case reviews,this has got to be one of my favorites.
MLK had a dream,if others in power felt the same way i feel the world would be a better place to live for all of us.

excellent piece of writing

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The real reason why MLK was assassinated was because he was about to embark on the most militant project of his life known as the Poor People's Campaign.

www.npr.org...

poorpeoplescampaignppc.org...

Could anyone imagine what a multiracial army of people descending upon Washington would've done to damage the status quo? Also, don't you find it interesting that no media outlet covers this particular stage in his life and only use closed media loops of his speeches a la "I have a dream."?

You have him fighting against the forces of desegregation in Birmingham (1963), his wish for racial harmony in Washington (1963), marching for the right to vote in Selma, Alabama (1965), and finally, becoming assassinated by "a lone gunman". (1968) That's a 3 year gap.

Just floating that out there.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Hi I found a crime scene pictures, hope it helps.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I find it rather odd, that almost every assasin who killed some important person in the US had a middle name. Thats the obvious sign of someone beeing used as a mindcontrolled hitman.

Be it John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, James earl Ray, list goes on.

When you hear an assasins name and it consists of Name, middle name and family name, almost always expect CIA or some other black ops involvment.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Few more crime scene images and 2 Maps taken from here (full size available).

Map

[edit on 21-2-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

A pretty sad read really... depressing in a way... but still good work! Starred & Flagged.

In a way his voice will live on in many but it will never be like he and others like John lennon, Bob Marley etc etc... wanted because there are too many different people with different ideologies and agendas as you can see from the state of the World today... people don't want others to be free... sadly there is always someone trying to manipulate anothers mind and sadly all too often people get manipulated.... wars will always rage... arguments will always be... and people will remain enclosed in their own belief systems.....

Anyway i believe that this assassination was the work of a pro organisation not some random act by someone with no motive...

[edit on 21-2-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Agree with you mate it was such a loss to the world. And for what? Just for power...disgusts me on how evil and corrupt some people are

Hope people will learn from Martin Luther King and his values.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks Myth for another great thread. I saw this last night, read it this morning and very informative.

Also, thanks to December_Rain for the pics. It helped complete the story in my head. I was about to go and look for these for the thread, beat me to it.

Regardless, I'll be looking forward to your next thread Myth! Keep up the good work...

Any idea what you have in store for next time?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I remember seeing a special on this not too long ago. This guy set up a balcony and re-created the room where the supposed shooter was and what not. He had a guy take a shot with the exact type of weapon. The guy had never shot a weapon before in his life by the way.

The guy nailed the target. So their conclusion was that yes it was possible for the official story to be plausible. Of course it is. There are just way too many other holes in the whole thing that you have pointed out. I know this was part of a bigger operation as well. Don't ask me how, because than my conspiratorial mind may have to go into super nova.

Good stuff here, and worth the read. It just furthers my beliefs that it was indeed a part of something much bigger. Then I wonder how things would be if they didn't kill this man?

[edit on 21-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

WOW. I owe you a drink..lol.. Very nicely done and thanks for adding them! I owe you big time my friend. I hope a moderator or an FSME applauds you. Because you deserve it greatly

TO EVERYONE:

Thank you so much for your support and EXCELLENT POSTS! Completely amazing. I really appreciate all the combined help and the amazing minds of ATS members who help put the pieces together
I appreciate it all.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
was all ready to go to bed, and I saw this. Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Another quality thread.

Thanks again for taking the time and putting in the effort to inform those of us that were not knowledgeable about this tragic event. Based on the data provided it seems the FBI - and LBJ - has some ugly skeletons in the closet that are busting for release.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am just making notes as I go. If anything I point out or say has already been said I apologize.

1- There was no All Points Bulletin released This of course would have been extremely useful, since Memphis is only a few minutes away from Arkansas and Mississippi. If an all points Bulletin was released Mississippi and Arkansas would have been aware of an assassination and could have caught the white mustang with the well dressed man that dispatchers reported from Memphis. However, while Memphis and all of Tennessee were looking for the white mustang and the man; Mississippi and Arkansas were both unaware of any white mustang and a well dressed man and of course, the assassination of Dr. King.

I'v been reading the book Public Enemies. It seems that this kind of bufoonery was not uncommon in police investigations and especially federal investigations. I know at this point it was just a local investigation. If you figure in the fact that most officers had little or no real training at the time, a mistake like this is understandable.

6- Judge Joe Brown, a Tennessee Judge who reviewed the MLK case had the assassination rifle tested ruled that 12 out of the 18 test bullets that were fired through the supposed assassination rifle, had markings different from the markings on the bullet that killed Dr. King. Which means that the bullet recovered from Dr. King could NOT be matched to the murder weapon. Therefore, a switch of guns was made or planted.

Problems With Ballistics Testing

The fact is that 33% of the bullets did match the gun. If it was the first six bullets that matched then the problem could be wear on the gun. Which six match tells us a lot more than the fact that 12 didn't. Also depending on what shape the bullet that killed King was in it might not matter at all. If it was an expanding bullet or a soft bullet that splintered it might make it harder to match the markings.

7- James Earl Ray was a terrible shooter in his stint in the army How can a terrible shooter make the greatest shot of his life from a rather difficult location?

I am not a great shot. Yet, I have killed a fox with a single shot while falling down a gravel embankment. Sometimes things work in our favor when they seem least likely.

11- A Question of time
-- Less than two minutes after the fatal shot was fired, a bundle containing the 30.06 Remington rifle allegedly used in the assassination and some of Ray's belongings was conveniently found in the doorway of the Canipe Amusement Company next door to the boarding house. Ray would have had to fire the shot that killed Martin Luther King from his contorted position in the bathroom, exit the sniper's nest, go to his room to collect his belongings and wrap and tie it all in a bundle, leave his room, run down the stairs and out of the boarding house, stash the bundle next door, and then get away from the scene unnoticed -- all within two minutes!

Did anyone say they saw him enter his room? Maybe the stuff was in the bathroom with him. That would seem like the smart way to do things.

12- The missing trees

* One witness, who was sitting just in front of the bank of trees, said he heard a rifle fired directly behind him at ground level, and not from the boarding house. Two people at the fire station said that a boy came in and related much the same story, but the young man apparently left before police could question him.

The problem with this seems simple to me. If the bullet came from below it seems more likely the bullet would have entered the skull than the neck. Unless it hit the spine extremely close to the brain stem this seems unlikely in my opinion.

5) The FBI admitted there was no trace of gunpowder residue on the window sill which the government claims was used by the shooter.

Sometimes a primer or powder with low levels of lead does not leave traces identifiable by common GSR test. Also depending on how he used the window sill, and atmospheric conditions, the evidence could have been gone rather fast. GSR testing has come under fire in recent years because it is not as reliable as previously thought. The lack of GSR can mean absolutely nothing or prove innocence.

I think that there are a lot of curious elements to MLK Jr's death. However I don't think there is enough evedence to call the official story incorrect. From what I see here it is qustionable but reasonably sound.

Thanks for the review Myth. I enjoy each one of these. They always give us something to think about.

edits for spelling and terminology

[edit on 22-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Yes, I have heard that the straw that would break the camels back for Dr. King concerning the ruling elite, was when he began to mount his Poor People's Campaign and his disdain toward the war effort in Vietnam. Apparently, those in power could live with civil rights and voters rights for minorities in the South, but when the subject of economic equality came into the picture, that is when they had enough.

Never mess with someone's pocket book, because they are bound to get angry and violent. He had the influence and communications skills to turn the status quo on its axis, and the TPTB could not allow that. You can't have the serfs thinking they are on the same level as the blue-blooded nobles. It makes it harder for them to wield power and influence. Then he started speaking out against the Vietnam War and that hurt LBJ significantly on the political front.

So, toward the end, he was making a lot of enemies for himself, and I think he knew that his days were numbered. However, as has been said before, you can killer the messenger but not the message. Here is a good video showing the real Dr. King, while negating the image that is safe and manufactured for mass consumption by the government.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Jakes51]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join