It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe stack supporters are no different from Jihadists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Violence against others is horrifying and something I just don't understand. How can anyone justify hurting others? I just don't get it. I don't understand how people can condone violence and I don't understand why people would support what that man did.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Blah Blah Blah! When you lose your house and your job due to over taxing and our swift economic recovery don't cry about it here.

I dunno man... seemed like he had a history of playing fast an loose with his taxes and it kept coming back to haunt him.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cornblossom

How can anyone be OK with being bent over on a daily basis? Crying and Complaining deffinately will not get the bully off of your back.

But hey.... the meek shal inherit the earth.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I support his reasons but not his actions, i am not a Jihadists

Hell of alot of damage to that building for a small plane

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well said OP!!

That guy spent 30yrs of his life trying to evade taxes, failed, and then decided it was a good idea to risk innocent lives by flying a plane into a building. He also left his family behind! What a loonatic coward.

I'm relieved he's dead without killing anyone in the process.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You're so disingenuous its sickening. You put down what you call the 'far right' then neglect to mention that within Joe Stack's manifesto was a leftist rant against Bush and capitalism. But you choose to blame the right for this. You disgust me.

Wait... he lashed out violently at the government for taking what he earned, but he was against capitalism? Every conservative I've ever met has had their favorite beef with the government: Taxation. Lower taxes in their estimation can do everything from creating jobs to healing the sick and raising the dead.

But this particular anti-tax champion was a leftist?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Not couldn't, BH... Wouldn't. Whole lot of difference there...

As I said earlier... Hero? Phooey.

Are we actually agreeing on a topic? If so, it's been a while...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I work with a man who lost his retirement.

That's terrible and I know that has happened to a lot of people. That's not, however, what happened with Joe Stack. He cannibalized his retirement himself. This didn't happen last year. As far as I can determine, this happened over a period of about 20 years. Have you read his manifesto? He blames everyone but himself for his mistakes in life.

That little lesson in patriotism cost me $40,000+, 10 years of my life, and set my retirement plans back to 0.
Again, rewind my retirement plans back to 0 and shift them into idle.
Again, I lost my retirement
To survive, I was forced to cannibalize my savings and retirement

I know a guy like this. He buys a new car and the latest big TV, but can't afford to pay his taxes... Hmmm... He also borrowed from his retirement. Joe Stack uses the perfect "victim" language throughout his diatribe. As if he's not responsible for any of it.

Originally posted by seagull
Are we actually agreeing on a topic? If so, it's been a while...

I think we are!
Feels good.

[edit on 2/20/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygen56
1) I do not agree with what he has done but he played his part. He will be looked at as a hero by thousands if not millions no matter what you think of him.

2) If you still think 911 was done by "foreign terrorists" you are either blind/uneducated on the facts or in denial. -research this yourself-

3) Your goverment commits what are equal "if not worse" to terrorists acts upon american people daily. Poison in our food, water, air. Almost everything we touch, eat, wear and breath is horrible for your health.
-research this yourself-

4) To get "ahead" in america you are almost required to fall into debt. I speak from experience, as for several years I have started and currently run businesses. -ask anyone in business-

Again, taking this kind of extreme is not my cup of tea although I did expect it and do expect to see more of this type of response from what would seemingly be "normal/everyday" citizens. -wait and see-

Finally, if you are logging in to slam me and or pick apart my response, don't bother. I will not be back to argue with you. I am far too busy tryinig to remain in business and find ways to feed my family without poisening them.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Oxygen56]

Amen to that! I also don't condone his actions, but I 100% agree with his plight. Our own government is a far larger terrorist than this man should ever be labeled as. We are nothing more than sheep to be herded and controlled. In the eyes of TPTB, we have no value other than what we can provide them. Our government was responsible for 9/11, and anyone who doesn't think so truly has no clue or hasn't researched. We have thousands of people who are pissed off, but do nothing. We sit and talk about how f*ed up our system and the people who run it are, but we do nothing! Does anyone really believe that compliance and courtesy are going to accomplish real change? Has it worked so far?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Are there really that many people in the country that don't realize that 911 was an inside job? It is one thing to acknowledge that yeah the government is at it again and another to really swallow all this terrorism nonsense. People, normal intelligent people, are really swallowing all the garbage the government is shoveling. I know people who have bought gas masks, a whole company actually, that bought gas masks for all their employees because they were afraid that terrorists might attack them personally. And it wasn't even a military company or related to military industrial complex. The government is claiming that "conspiracy theories" are bad for the country, but their garbage, not just that they are lying and cheating us and stealing our money, and passing laws to undermine the Constitution, but they are scaring people. They know they are lying. How do so many people work for them? How do they sleep at night. Intelligent people who work for the government must at least have a hard time sleeping.
I'll make you a bet this Joseph Stack wasn't even flying the plane. They simply wanted him dead and to remove whatever from his computer and decided they could use this for a false flag attack to try to outlaw small planes.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by m khan]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

You're so disingenuous its sickening. You put down what you call the 'far right' then neglect to mention that within Joe Stack's manifesto was a leftist rant against Bush and capitalism. But you choose to blame the right for this. You disgust me.

Wait... he lashed out violently at the government for taking what he earned, but he was against capitalism? Every conservative I've ever met has had their favorite beef with the government: Taxation. Lower taxes in their estimation can do everything from creating jobs to healing the sick and raising the dead.

yep.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Space Punk has it right, and I'll quote him here:

"The IRS wants to take as much money from the guy as possible.
The guy wants to keep as much money as possible.
The IRS uses a set of codes that is labyrinthine, burdensome, and impossible to completely know.
The guy fails against the IRS, and crumbles under it's codes.
In the mean time he's lost everything else he's worked for in his life.
Guy with nothing left to lose torches his house, and flies an airplane into an IRS office.

That's it."

Let's leave it alone. No name calling, no comparisons to extremists, no more bickering over it. Let it go. The man reached the end and his judgement failed him.

I wanted to say more, but words fail me atm. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, of course, but we shouldn't be arguing over this tragedy.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Islamic terrorists make it a point to attack innocent people. Joe Stack made it a point to attack guilty people. See the difference?

The only bad thing about what Joe Stack did is that he could have dished out excessive punishment by killing someone, when generally all that these people at the IRS are guilty of is kidnapping and extortion.

The fact that Joe Stack was a leftist musician from California ranting about Bush didn't however stop ABC news from mentioning "right-wing" and "militia" about ten times on page of of a three-part story just as it didn't stop you from painting people into sterotypes.

What the stereotypers want to do is paint people like Joe Stack as "anti-government" (mentioned 8 times on page 1 of the ABC diatribe) when in fact people like Joe Stack are pro-government but anti-tyranny. Even Libertarians and militias are not anti-government. Their most valued document is often the US constitution. Clearly valuing the contitution is a pro-government position to take, but that wouldn't stop someone like you from slandering someone with a label if it will make the situation easier for you to swallow.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In a way you're right.

If you're going to murder suicide make sure you kill the guilty. The ones corrupting our system and taking our Constitutional rights away. Their are plenty of them out there. Don't waste it on some cubical worker that is just as much a victim.

After a few of them are made an example of, things will start to turn around quickly.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

yep.

That's amazing! I wonder how long until we start seeing black Klansmen!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The danger is that Obama will use these types of events as an excuse to implement his civilian security force, or Praetorian Guard (Obama youth brigades) that he mentioned during his campaign. With unemployment as bad as it is now, there will be no shortage of applicants. Think of TSA workers, only they're armed with submachine guns at checkpoints everywhere across the nation (highways, malls etc).

Joe Stack's actions will now vindicate part of the MIAC report that labelled libertarians, constitutionalists, Ron Paul supporters etc as potential terrorists. This goes to show that 9/11 and the Patriot Act were not just about Al Qaeda, but the American people, which I think is the real target.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He blames everyone but himself for his mistakes in life.

Gee, what a surprise... Just so typical of all too many people today. Blame everyone/everything except themselves...

Why is it, I wonder, that my 401K is doing, if not spectacularly well, is at least earning me money? It's because I keep track of what it's doing, and I make changes as I deem warrented... I'm no genius in these matters, but I'm at least holding my own... Personal responsibility. Novel concept, no?

Blame whoever/whatever you want for your problems...hey, you might even be right. But at the end of the day, what does that matter? It's you that's going to have to fix it... So quit trying to find a scapegoat, and start solving your little issue. ...and flying a plane into a building full of office workers isn't solving the problem. It foisted it off onto his wife... Here ya go, honey. Sorry I can't be with you to help raise our child, or pay for college...but I sure showed those bastards at the IRS...

Yeah, I'm sure she'll be very appreciative of that, while she's trying to rebuild her, and the kids, shattered lives...

What a hero...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That's amazing! I wonder how long until we start seeing black Klansmen!

Yeah, he was against the right's policy of using his tax dollars for fascist purposes.

He was pretty much pissed off at everyone.

He approached it more from a leftist angle, angry that his tax dollars were not spent on what he considered to be more noble and moral causes.

A right winger would be angry over the very fact he was being taxed at all.

As is noted, he never claimed he didn't have a moral obligation to pay, he was just against what his dollars were being spent on.

Of course, our government is run by a bunch of fascist tyrannical pigs, so I can sympathize with his sentiments.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Finally somebody who sees things differently and is not afraid to speak up. I agree completely. Killing someone because they did something wrong is no way to settle an argument. Deal it out like men.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Is it a coincidence that Epic Beard Man and Joe Stack are two of the 'hottest' issues of the week in any forum ?

What do they have in common ?

They hit back

They hit back

Their supporters number in the tens of millions, worldwide

Because they've been seen to be hitting back

World leaders and their minions should take heed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join