It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Hit In My Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Last night while i was sleeping i was hit by something and when i woke up and looked around, nothing was there. Someone hit me pritty hard too. Anyone any idea what it could have been?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I dont think anyone hit you. I've read somewhere that there are these specific dreams/nightmares, and they seem so real that if something happens (in your case, being hit) you feel it becasue of the realism of it. I've had one where i'm falling, and just before i hit the ground i wake up, lieing on my back, trying to catch my breath because i wasnt breathing when falling. Some cases have resulted in serious injury, concussons, broken bones, and where i wasnt breathing, i might not have woken up and then i wouldn't have started to breathe which would have resulted in damage to myself.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Could you have hit yourself?

I have seen people do the weirdest things in their sleep and have no knowledge of it when they wake up.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I had the experience once of so called "sleep paralyisis" and people love to say oh its that time just before you fall asleep and are not aware of your self. between the Alpha and Beta brain levels of sleep. But i can tell you iwas wide awake when this thing rolled over me(complete darkness,so thick it was tangible).And it compressed my body chest area, Not an OBE
experience something different. A very Metalic strained voice said my name three times. years later i mentioned it to my sister (idont know how we got on the subject) and found out the same exact thing had happend to her as well. Now this thing did not "hit me" but i had the felling it could have done what ever it wanted at that point, it had complete controll over my body ,but not my mind.It bothered me so much that when i was starting to have spontaneous obe's i would stop them not knowing if it was this darkness rolling over me again or not. So to answer your question i do think there are things that go bump in the night, this thing might have just given you one of those bumps!
P.S a note to Antipigopolist my wife did the same thing once her dream was so real that she didn't talk to me for a day she had dream't i was with another women and the dream felt real to her I know how you feel!
Parker

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by parker]

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by parker]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I usually don't believe in the paranormal, but I suffered from "sleep paralyisis" once, and I thought at the time it was some kind of demon. It took every once of willpower to 'wake up'. I was screaming in my head, 'Come on! Bring it on!' to
the 'demon', trying to coax him into a fair fight. I don't know if it was a nightmare or what, but it felt very real. I had another time when someone called my name, a whisper, when I was sleeping, but I know I was alone. The weirdest part was that the 'voice' mispronounced my name! If it was a dream, wouldn't I have dreamt it correctly? My point is that I don't know if I was dreaming or this is some sort of paranormal experience, be it felt very real.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
during sleep your body has to contract its muscles...most likely this

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh so what!?! How do you know someone hit you. I mean really come on. You could've moved and hit yourself! (no offense).

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I haven't experienced hitting myself on the stomach before, And i find it hard to believe i just felt like giving myself a good dig.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I usualy have the thing that I trip or kick in my sleep and wake up because of that. Once I even kicked a dent in the rear board of my bed.

When you have a dream thats so intens that your mind can't make up a difference between real and dream, it will start steering your body to act as how it should be in the real world.

Thats the same reason why you sometimes wake up with a 'tent' or 'wetspot on the sheets' after having a kinky dream.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It was most likely your mind simulating the feeling of pain / pressure.

A few months ago, I awoke in the morning to find a rat squirming underneath me in the bed. I felt it wedged between my back and the bed. I even heard it sqeek! Seconds later, I realized that it was indeed my mind, and no rat existed in my bed.
Some pretty odd things can happen on the border of sleep and waking conciousness.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Jake_]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i have nights where ive either beein hit or jolted really hard out fo sleep,
not sure why its happens but seems very frightnening sometimes

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I remember feeling like something jumped on or hit my chest several years ago. I was wondering if it was only a dream since I was in bed in a house. I turned on the light and found a squirrel. (It had apparently hopped on and off of me.)

Some dreams can seem very real too. I swear I woke up still hearing a superloud explosion (it seemed like I heard the explosion while I was awake but it's hard to tell). I knew it wasn't real because I had just dreamed of a nuclear explosion. (I was real close to it.) Before anyone starts thinking I had some kind of premonition just forget about it, this dream happened at least a decade ago because of some scifi book I read.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Without saying one way or the other what really happened, here's some info that might help you out if you want to look into it. What happened to you is a common experience. Science writes it off as sleep paralysis, but these experiences cannot be lumped into a single category. Some people experience them as complete paralyzation, others as a violent act, like choking or a direct hit (like you). Usually there is a strong feeling that there is someone else in the room, which is usually attributed to the idea that during these times the brain is between Alpha and Beta and closer to the dreaming world than the waking one. Science, at times, also refers to this as SUNDs, Sudden Unexplained Nocturnal Death Syndrome, which, misleadingly enough, doesnt necessarily have to lead to death.

Anyway, this phenomena has been documented for hundreds of years. The Hmong, who were a tribal people in Laos before the Vietnam War (and might still be, I'm not positive) call it the Dab Tsog. Other, English-speaking-based cultures call it the Old Hag. Now, of course, this is taking into account that in this case they are referring to an ethereal being on all accounts. This folklore could very well be because people before didnt have an awareness of biological science and base things on evil spirits But many people who claim to have had abduction experiences describe the same phenomena, whether or not they remember the actual abduction. A violent action or paralysis, and sometimes awareness that they are not alone.

I want to say that I'm not saying that it was an ethereal evil spirit or an alien that hit you. I dont really know what it was. Just giving you some background on what others had experienced like you. If you want to look into it further, I'd recommend a book by scientist/researcher David Hufford called The Terror that Comes in the Night. You might also what to browse the internet for info on the Old Hag or the Dab Tsog or SUNDs.

For the record, I dont think you punched yourself.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nara
... which, misleadingly enough, doesnt necessarily have to lead to death.

That sounds reassuring, lol

Good post Nara. I was watching something on television a while ago that was trying to debunk extraterrestrial abductions. SUND's came up somewhere in there.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
thats kind of awesome since i have had similiar experiences. One in particular was when i got 'shot' in the ear with a shotgun. I woke up instantly and had a huge burning sensation around the exact same area on my ear (the very top where it begins to curl). Strange if you think about it....you can probably cause a lot of damage to yourself! The mind is definately a tool you shouldnt mess with

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
A dream? Pain is nothing more than an illusion. A Physical hullicination la~

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
A few years back I was deep in sleep and was awoken by something slapping me in the face and then jumping onto my chest. I screamed in terror and was drenched in sweat, suddenly an even greater fear gripped me as I realized my arm was dead...not just "buzzing" from sleeping on it but almost completely numb. My fingers were barely responding. Turns out I might have tried to turn over and my arm whacked me in the face and bounced off my face onto my chest.

Chances are that's what happened to you.

Course it could also be the strange electric shocks that many people experience as they enter sleep.

[Edited on 5/31/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
On several past occasions, I was awakened after what I perceived as a "punch in the jaw." (and yes, it hurt!) This occured about once a month.

Not long afterward, one of my teeth fell apart. I still wonder if my body knew this would happen, and was simply trying to tell me so. Either that, or else I really DID get punched by something.

top topics

join