It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This website has been reported unsafe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What is this all about? I get on the internet just a few moments ago and enter ATS into the address bar. Something I have done time and time again. Go ahead and press enter. My computer warns me that Microsoft has found this website to be a threat. What in the World is going on here? I have logged onto ATS thousands of times without this warning. Anyone have any answers?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
its because some of the links goto other virus websites that people post

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by missyuniverse

Then why did I just now get the warning?

2nd

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i dunno...post it in the SkepticOverlord thread about this type of thing. He likely won't find it very humorous and will address it ASAP.

I can say that i have been here for a long while. ATS is a safe site. Just be smart about the links you click on, as you would anywhere, and you won't have any issues.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
Then why did I just now get the warning?

I've just tried every method I can think of that would give me a similar warning, and aren't seeing anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I assure you it did happen. I was shocked. If it happens again I will be sure to get a screenshot.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've had this happen with various sites (I think including this one) AND Netflix. I am sure it's less this site, and more MS Products are crap.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Hi!

I find this site highly dangerous (the opposite of safe?)

I keep meaning to do something else and then all of a sudden it's midnight and I just need to see how that other thread is developing and then..... someone posts about this site being unsafe and....

Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I believe this site to be safe as well. I almost wonder if MS has flagged this site to detour people from having an open mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I get that from time to time coming to this site, just got it 5 mins ago, and norton is running brand new just bought a few months back and it blocked an attack.
It allways comes from this site. I get tracking cookies from this site also.
I used to get more cookies until I signed up now I get less being a member.
The owner of the site had a topic up about this and its normal from what I gathered from the topic.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
I get that from time to time coming to this site, just got it 5 mins ago, and norton is running brand new just bought a few months back and it blocked an attack.
The owner of the site had a topic up about this and its normal from what I gathered from the topic.

If this is true,
this is shocking.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Be easy on what you post here friend. The last person to accuse ATS for being a DOD website was banned (I Think, I apologize if I'm wrong. Please don't ban me or take away any of my points) and all posts relating to his were removed.

ps
Yo Skep, just flagged your post. Please don't kill me. I was just saying. K?

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Violater1]

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup

There is your problem. You are using Norton/McAfee/any Symantec product. Those scanners will "false flag" to make them appear as if they are actually protecting you from something.

Try AVG or Komodo if you want free, Kaspersky if you are wanting to pay (i use Kaspersky).

Download Firefox, and install the StopScript feature, WOT feature, and adblocker feater. Then make sure you set ATS to allow, so as to not be in violation of their TOS (ad revenue pays for our privilege of posting, don't bypass it).

I never get infected. Ever. And i am online at least 10 hours a day, between work and home.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

I would point to your browser itself. I find it highly probable that you may have a virus of some sort. the only times I have ever gotten that message from any site is when my computer had a known infection.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Nay did I accuse ATS of such a thing. In fact I was inferring the opposite. TPTB would probably prefer their peoples stay off this site.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I didn't say anything because I am trying not to cause trouble but I have picked up a couple of viruses already from this site.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The CTO of The Media Trust (the company who scans our ads for malware) is now reviewing these complaints and determining if they need to refine their malware scanning, which includes simultaneous scans from 12 different consumer anti-malware packages.

I've also been running through all our ads via an automated script on a PC with no proactive protection, and nothing is behaving improperly.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I will never understand why some pick up viruses here and others dont.

Ive been here over 2 years, using IE and AVG and never once picked up a virus. I am here every day, all day long (I need ATSAA)

[edit on February 19th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i can think of a possible cause.

i noticed my java app launching when coming on here, my guess is one of the new ads are trying to hack your machine.

do yourself a favor and don't use IE lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well i have been here for almost 6 years, and its only lately that i get warnings that advise of potential risk with this site.

So it is true.

I was also emailed from a previous poster who will not come back due to problems steming from malware.

FYI

[edit on 19-2-2010 by dgtempe]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join