It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crashes into Austin building

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I reckon its pilot error. damn that must suck.

2 people unaccounted for. I would be shocked to find out the pilot lived through this...

I dont see the FBI as being any potential terrorist plot...whats the point. CIA could be arguable, but FBI are more of a local pain in the ass verses a global one...but then again, ya neva know.

I wonder if this was like that one nutter that crashed a little prop plane into a building several years back due to terrorism insanity pushing him over the edge...killed only himself if memory serves me right and I think it made a smudge mark on the building itself.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yeah I just caught that statement too, and they seemed to kinda blow it off.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Could it be that this plane being crashed inot a buliding in the same complex that houses FBI and CIA could be a retalliation for the taliban leader that have been captured today and the other day????

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Federal offices were in the building CONFIRMED

Plane hit at a low point, second floor. Several eyewitnesses describing a very direct and deliberate flight path

[edit on 18-2-2010 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Alex Jones will be ALL over this

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I am praying right now that there is no other incident today, if so, we are toast.
All of us.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It maybe too soon to say it but it seems that the pilot of that plane intended to hit that building. Maybe that building was the intended target so no alphabet boys would die. Cause that is a lot of damage for a civilian plane to cause.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

This does not seem to be an accident in my opinion. People are reporting a direct flight path to the building. It looks like to pilot did not even try to avoid it according to the eye witnesses. Its quite a coincidence that it happens to be a building that government agencies were occupying. Plus based on the amount of damage it looks like the plane might have been loaded up with fuel for maximum damage.

Does anyone know if there is an airport nearby this area?

link   
reply to post by oldgoat

Yes he will and he's predicted this now for awhile. Lets just see where it goes first.

link   
Lived in Austin for 40+ years...

FBI/CIA/Whoeever was NOT in the Echelon building, it had some municipal employees and some various private businesses that occupied it. The Austin FBI office was 2 buildings over.

This is a very odd area for a pilot to be flying so low in my eyes, there is a rather large concentration of 5+ story buildings in that particular part of Austin.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
DHS are monitoring and co-coordinating the efforts.

Judging from the reports, this might be a deliberate act.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Fox news just said he intentionally set his own house on fire then proceeded to crash his plane into the IRS building. They are saying it was intentional.

link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

No emergency flights incoming, no SOS, no report of this airplane being in the area by air traffic controllers- CNN

link   
NTSB is stating that the probable pilot set his own house on fire and crashed his plane into the building. NTSB is investigating this incident as INTENTIONAL.

Now the term domestic terrorism has a face. I bet the PTB will capitalize on this.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by ExPostFacto]

link   
It was just reported that the pilot set his own house on fire, then intentionally flew the plane into the building!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just in from FOX...

Apparently the pilot had set fire to his OWN HOME before he flew into the building.

It is now being investigated as an INTENTIONAL crash.

FOX got this after talking to NTSB.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I doubt this is part of an organized terror attack but given the incredible amounts of violent incidents lately in the US, I would not rule out this being an intentional act of a single person.

The reports are suggesting that the plane was flying fast and low and did not appear to be having mechanical difficulty. CNN just mentioned that there was an unconfirmed report that this building does or once did, house an IRS office.

EDIT - Radio station KLBJ is claiming that TSA considers this an intentional act of violence. Callers to the station are saying this may be connected to a house fire that happened earlier this morning. An unidentified neighbor told a newspaper that the man who is suspected of setting the fire told her he was going to take his private plan and kill himself.

Here is a link where you can listen live:

www.590klbj.com...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Avamarguy]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

It was just reported that the pilot set his own house on fire, then intentionally flew the plane into the building!

Yep, we got us another nutcase it appears.

Sad.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Is this the blame the 911 Truthers event that Alex Jones said that Glen Beck was preparing us for?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Can't watch any news right now.....did the building collapse into a neat pile of dust yet?

Sounds like a terrorist attack - but not the kind we've all been worried about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join