It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If someone is ignoring me is there a way for me to tell?

(besides them never answering questions I pose in their threads)

Can they still receive a u2u from me or will that be automatically ignored too?

TIA for your thoughtful & intelligent responses.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There's no way to know for sure unless they tell you.

And u2u's still go through if someone has you on ignore.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Same here. You are not alone. Lots of people just do not read the answers they post questions for..
and dont need the ignore button, they just flat out ignore you.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the info you two

The member in question replied to one of my responses...so I must not be on their ignore list.....or they read this thread and removed me.....OR all of my previous posts on their threads were mindless drivel that didn't deserve a response?

senseless paranoia??

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Who would want to ignore you, Signals?

So your profile will show "foes", but not "ignore"?
Ive wondered this also.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree that people will just ignore members for any of a number of reasons. I've never hit the ignore button...it seems like a cop-out? Having said that I smiled the other day when what I thought was a delectable and devastating delivery of wit was star-free and ignored by all. It made me wonder if every member coincidentally had me on ignore and I was literally talking to myself

I have two members on practical 'ignore' until they make a single point of interest and stop waffling the same old song. On a tangent...being 'Foed' is fun, although I've never met Yahn Goody once on the boards and he/she has 'Foed' most on my friends list. I feel left out...

EDIT. I meant to point out the number of 'star-free' threads I've noticed around here lately. If someone writes a thread and can't be bothered to star people that chose to reply...that's pretty ignorant! Jeez, star at least one poster...it's plain old manners!

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
So your profile will show "foes", but not "ignore"?
Ive wondered this also.

Correct. There's little point in it, since the Ignore function is designed for the benefit of the ignorer. On the other hand as an interesting observation, it seems the people using the Ignore feature will frequently make a point of telling someone in a thread that they're henceforth on Ignore. Sort of that last word eyepoke deal.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Well thats just childish.

I havent met anyone rude enough to ignore. The mods will usually edit offensive posts.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
On a tangent...being 'Foed' is fun.

Fun, eh..?

And just send me a U2U about your witty post with no stars. I am a compulsive starrer. Star is my middle name!

top topics

join