It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I research what to eat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I finally have 20 posts so I can make my first topic yay!

I wanted to ask ATS how can I research a diet and what is in the food i'm eating?

This isn't a weight lose diet. I've eaten junk my whole life basically and I want to make a change. I'm tired of being tired all the time. I used to feel better when I worked out, which i'm going to start again, but I want to do all that I can to simply feel better.

I've been browzing through ATS for a while and with all the big money companies just focusing on just that and all the new world order theories. I would like to atleast do what I can to beat their system while im in the process of fixing what I put in my body.

Even before I knew about ATS I've been hearing about vitamin b17 as being the cure to cancer. But besides that what else should I be focusing on? What is the difference between i guess it would be the FDA is saying and other sources? I've read I can get Vitamin b17 from simple apple seeds. shouldn't be too hard.

Floride is something that I want to tackle also. Now I know its not just the floride, but the city water I have is gross, leave it sit for a few days (like in my animal's cages) and it forms a filmy looking covering on it. boiling the water doesn't change this. I'm assuming I don't want to be drinking that stuff lol.

Now what methods are there for floride removal? does reverse osmosis system take care of it? or is it need to be filtered out?

what other do's and dont's have you ATS members found out? any other related info?

thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Steer CLEAR of genetically engineered food!
Eat organic where you can- more veg than meat. (some ppl swear by vegetarian but i havent made that leap yet.
Make sure you know how to cook- you'll pick things up as you go along and will know exactly what goes into your food.
Buy local- know any farmers markets?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ohhwataloser

This is the best diet book I've come across -- it's simple but based on years of research:

www.amazon.com...=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0525951156&pf_rd_m=AT VPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0J0GHRPY81BXME7SKB3K

Green for Life is the title.

Here's their website:

www.greenforlife.com...

[edit on 14-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohhwataloser
I wanted to ask ATS how can I research a diet and what is in the food i'm eating?

Just eat veges and meat/pasta, stay away from fast food, drink water - (tap water is fine, do not worry about the silly conspiracy theory sites claiming flouride etc is bad) do not take any extra vitamins/supplements etc, they are not needed.

Have a look at www.health.gov.au...
and
www.nhmrc.gov.au...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
To get the fluoride out of your water, dig a water well a couple of hundred feet down (away from septic tank) and you will find very pure drinkable water.

And as your diet, I think one has to look at food differently than normal. Now it is normal to view food as ( I am hungry so I must eat) or even eat out of boredom.

If you view food as (medicine) rather than something to fill your stomach, you will might be better off. So one could choose the food that is eaten by necessity and treatment rather than craving or routine.

Good luck in your change of ways.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
(tap water is fine, do not worry about the silly conspiracy theory sites claiming flouride etc is bad)

Ya I am sure this would never happen to anyone who uses floride..

Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

[edit on 2/14/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
To get the fluoride out of your water, dig a water well a couple of hundred feet down (away from septic tank) and you will find very pure drinkable water.

And as your diet, I think one has to look at food differently than normal. Now it is normal to view food as ( I am hungry so I must eat) or even eat out of boredom.

If you view food as (medicine) rather than something to fill your stomach, you will might be better off. So one could choose the food that is eaten by necessity and treatment rather than craving or routine.

Good luck in your change of ways.

ill get right on the digging

I don't eat out of boredom but I do out of craving. I would figure the craving would go away after you got what you need.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm really liking the idea of green smoothies, should go good with the moonshine I know is 100% corn

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Engine 2 Diet

This book came into my path recently.

It is not my interest to advocate diets, rather the 'coincidence' of hearing of this book yesterday and seeing your post today, it seemed plausible that you may benefit from the information it contains.

Here is the link to the site with a video of the author describing the content:
engine2diet.com...

Enjoy~

LOVE

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have read some material on how your body is best suited to process and metabolize foods that are indigenous to where you were born or grew up. I guess this would extend to your parents homes as well keeping true to the genetics thing.

Bright colored fruit and veggies are great, especially raw, and lots of dark greens. I eat lots of salmon and occasionally some chicken. I avoid red meat but that's my personal choice.

Tip: When and if you go to the grocery store stick to the outside perimeter, usually all the fresh stuff is on the outside and all the artificial stuff is in the aisles.

I take vitamin D because there seems to be so many benefits. Not necessary if you live in a sunny area.

Just some thoughts.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Everyone has their own opinion on what to eat. I've noticed many folks here are strict vegetarians and take it to a near religious aspect.

My advice is not to eat anything processed. Unfortunately, we do have to eat protein. At least get 60 grams a day. Your body won't absorb anymore tham 30 grams at a sitting anyways.

Fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish, minimal red meat, all lean proteins and legumes will provide you an adequate healthy diet.

Just think simple and add some exercise for a long and fruitful life.

It's not that difficult to follow these simple rules and you will not get bored eating normal. Oh yea, make sure you get healthy fats like olive oil and eat oats and or multi grain breads.

Good luck to you.

Edited to add: I quit flouride a year ago. I no longer have sensitive teeth and brush with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. My teeth have gotten whiter and my gums are healthy as a horse.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Good post. I take a simple approach also. I just keep a few things in mind when I go shopping. I'm not a vegetarian, but I get all my meat protein from fish and it's worked out pretty well so far. To keep it simple, I just abide by these rules:

1. Avoid processed foods.
2. Buy lots of fresh fruit. Buy as much as your budget will allow.
3. Buy lean, non-factory raised proteins. I personally buy wild salmon and other fresh, local fish. I know most people have a different diet, so I would say avoiding factory farmed meats is the most important part of number 3.

Normally, I'll also buy whole grain bread, lots of fresh veggies, etc. When I do those 3 things I always feel better. It seems the more processed foods I eat, the less energetic I feel the next day. Also, the more fruits I eat, the more energetic I feel all day. So that's why I consider those the two most important rules for myself. Your mileage may vary, but it works for me

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm a real big advocate of traditional foods and ancestral diets, I also like the metabolic typing stuff. I would personally stick to whatever you can get easiest locally, I don't know where you live but in my city its pretty easy to eat just about everything local. Utilize farmers markets when ever possible.

Try to incorporate as much fermented foods as you can in your diet, Real sourdough breads, Raw cheeses, Raw dairy products(if possible), Home made lacto fermented dishes (i.e. pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi etc.). Ditch plant oils except for possibly dressings but for cooking always use Coconut butter, Ghee, Tallow, Lard etc. Eat as much local fruit and vegetables as you care for. Use raw honey(cold packed if you can get it), dates or stevia for sweetening. Use Grass fed, free range, wild animal products when available and try to limit meat/animal products if these products are unavailable to you, or source out the good stuff(grasslandbeef.com).

Let your senses guide you and eat pretty much whatever you want using the above guidelines.

For additional information check out www.mercola.com... www.westonaprice.org... or www.youtube.com... Check your library for books by sally fallon(I really like her cookbook), weston A. price and metabolic typing books

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The best thing you can do to start is watch the 2008 movie Food Matters and learn the truth about food.

From there you'll be able to know the right questions to look into as you expand your research.

Here's a brief preview -

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

How do I research what to eat?

You start Here: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, by Weston A. Price.

his book distills the research of Weston A. Price, a dentist and independent nutrition researcher. In a decade of travel around the world, Price and his wife studied the health, dietary habits, and chemical composition of food of dozens of traditional peoples of various racial backgrounds. His research was done at a time when many such groups still lived free of the influence of Western civilization and what he called "foods of commerce," i.e. heavily refined and denatured foods.

And you end Here: Good Calories, Bad Calories

This book is an impressive review of the science and the politics behind our ideas about good nutrition and healthy diets. Taubes took 5 years to write this, and says it wouldn't have been possible without the ready access to original resources that the Internet makes possible. It does indeed have an incredible amount of information about the subject.

One of the sad and infuriating themes of this book is that much of the currently accepted wisdom about healthy diets has a political basis, that recommendations were made and marketed before the science was solid, or in many cases before the science was even done. The people pushing their ideas strongly believed that they were doing the right thing, that their recommendations would save lives and wouldn't hurt anyone. Unfortunately, as the science gets better and better, it looks like they were wrong -- they may have helped a small percentage of people, but at the expense of greatly increased risk of diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, and cancer for large numbers of us.

And in between:

- Take a class in biochemistry.
- Learn a little medical terminology; learn how to interpret medical journal writing; learn research methods....then you don't have to rely on some half-witted journalist to explain a nutritional study to you.
- Listen to lectures online
- Listen/Read Debates on nutrition and health.
- Never be satisfied. If you want to research you have to be humble and be willing to accept the data, not the hypotheses. Socrates said it best, "All I know is that I know nothing"

Hope that helps!

-Dev

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

This guy knows his stuff^

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
eat tons and tons of red meat, it has protien.
you need protien or you will die, and b 17.
defintly protien though, eat more meat.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

You may want to consider a google search on "dangers of eating too much red meat". There are lots of studies that show increased health risks.

Here's just one of many.

www.drmercola.biz...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just eat good food, stay away from microwavable foods, fast foods, foods that have a ton of Fructose corn syrup, and corn porducts in it, those are all bad! My family eats meat, we grind our own meat, we eat a lot of vegetables at dinner time, and we do eat starch. poatatoes, pasta and what not are all good for you. Drinking tap water is very bad, because of the flouride, medications dumped into our water supply. (don't believe me, I was told as a Certified medications aid that the number 1 reason we have medications in our sewer systems and waters because all of the elderly homes flush down meds all the time!!) we have a Berkely water filter that filters out everything and the drinking water is awesome!! best tasting water i have had in a long time!! The person who said Flouride is okay, it actually causes your teeth to rot!! Which is why dentists reccomend it, to make more money on your cavities!

So if you just ate a ton of vegetables, fruit, organic snacks, meat and pasta you would be fine! Trust me you will lose weight, feel better, and just stay healthy. My husband and I lost a ton of weight just by staying home and cooking really good meals! We go out two times a month just to have to pizza and that is it. Good Luck to you!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Actually eating a ton of red meat is really bad for you, wee try to mix it up every week, we have fish once a week, pasta once a week, ground beef two times a week, and chicken. We rarely have pork or red meat such as steak! Sometimes we have fish two times a week and the same with chicken, but i do limit the red meat and pasta. Of course for every meal we have a starch and lots of vegetables!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join