It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

Coincidence. That's it. Unless you can demonstrate, with actual evidence, for the existence of parallel time lines, and the ability of some folks to skip between the two, then the far more simpler explanation of "incorrect memories" makes the most sense.

Occam's razor. It's your friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think a logical explanation for all of this is drugs/chemicals being introduced to one’s body. Many drugs/chemicals affect the memory, how memory is stored, and the way on perceive things. I also believe that the effects of drugs/chemicals last throughout life, as there is much that is still unknown when it comes to the mind and drugs/chemicals.

That being said I find myself no different in that there are many things I could have sworn happened or happened at a different time. I just mark those times up though as a lingering effect of poor memory recognition due to the effects of drugs/chemicals.

One can easily say they have never done drugs but really there are drugs everywhere you go. Just mentioning drugs does not mean those you buy from a dealer that are illegal. Doctors have prescribed drugs legally to people for a very long time. Chemicals are also everywhere you go. They are in your food and water or whatever else you are drinking. Fluoride certainly has an effect on the brain.

I attribute the differing memory to things affecting the brains way of storing and recalling information and the recognition and perception of the information.

For the record I seem to recall Billy Graham dying a few years back and his wife dying shortly thereafter. But after putting it to thought I believe I must have misinterpreted the information I was receiving and it was about his wife’s health and her ultimate death because of health issues.

As for Mandela he was freed in the early 90’s I even recall songs from that time that I still have that mention Mandela being free.

The thing with NZ and AU though I cannot help with. My geography has never been that great, but at least I can use a map lol.
Raist

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Right I wasn't going to get involved in this thread until your post.

Ken Dodd.. I could swear blind I've heard he was dead, and I'm sure I've discussed it with my grandparents who loved him.

Not too sure about the mandala thing and don't even know who the other guy is, but that's really messed me up about Ken Dodd - I would have staked a lot that he was dead.

Just to add, this thread uptil now (bar a few idiots) has been a fascinating read!!

(21/male/england)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

We don't need drugs or chemicals to alter or corrupt our memories - our brains are very capable of doing that on our own.

The most logical explanation for this is some people either mis-heard, or were told the same thing is incorrect, and they remembered that, only to be corrected later on in life. No "time shift" explanations or anything else more complicated is necessary to explain this.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bryan2006

Also Billy Graham is without a doubt dead

And Mandella- but I was too young to remember the exact details- I was shocked this summer to hear he was alive, etc

I have more, but I need to go to the gym now.

I appreciate the new thread- this may get interesting
ive always remembered mandella being alive

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This time-shifts are called by your body's. Sometimes when it is really warm, you get heat stroke and you feel dizzy. Thats the one of the ways you get that feeling

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
One more post from me and then I'll leave this subject alone.
(as I'm not in the habit of flogging a dead horse)

It seems to me that there is a basic misunderstanding of the concept of "time slip" going on here.

The idea is that in my reality (or anyone who thinks it's happened to them) things happened the way I remember them,
then something happens, a 'timeslip', dimension shift or whatever and I find myself in a different reality, your reality where things happened in a different way.

Of course there is no 'evidence' there never will be.

The maps and historical records in this timeline will all agree with your memory, but I (or whoever) would be remembering records from a different timeline.

In this crazy existence anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think you should go and you know what yourself.
To come on a forum like this and start accusing everyone of being on drugs is obscene.

Most likely you are simply trying to divert the thread .... which I hope most people will ignore and retrace back to realize what was inititally being discussed.

Originally posted by Raist
I think a logical explanation for all of this is drugs/chemicals being introduced to one’s body. Many drugs/chemicals affect the memory,

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
I think you should go and you know what yourself.
To come on a forum like this and start accusing everyone of being on drugs is obscene.

Most likely you are simply trying to divert the thread .... which I hope most people will ignore and retrace back to realize what was inititally being discussed.

Originally posted by Raist
I think a logical explanation for all of this is drugs/chemicals being introduced to one’s body. Many drugs/chemicals affect the memory,

Did you even read the full post before you started being rude? It seems you did not.

I was not accusing anyone of being on drugs. If you read the post you will know that.

Raist

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Raist

We don't need drugs or chemicals to alter or corrupt our memories - our brains are very capable of doing that on our own.

The most logical explanation for this is some people either mis-heard, or were told the same thing is incorrect, and they remembered that, only to be corrected later on in life. No "time shift" explanations or anything else more complicated is necessary to explain this.

You are missing the point. It is not that someone does not need the drugs/chemicals to do it; it is that they are everywhere. We still do not know the full effects those drugs/chemicals have on the human brain.

The simple facts are you cannot escape the drugs/chemicals as they are even in the air we breathe.

Raist

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Yep, Ken Dodd is still alive and still gigging. I saw a poster he was performing in Wolverhampton soon, but I could have sworn blind he was a gonner!

I think a previous poster hit the nail on the head with Mandella. He was falsely reported as being dead a few years back.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

Hi Penny Q... I was not damning the idea completley. But there has to be a logical sequence to something. I'm open to the idea of time shifts. But if you remeber an event before that has now changed, thats a quantum paradox which simply can not exist. Unless of course yor spirit is the source to your existence in an infinate number of quantum realities.

Look at the next post , which I copied from the otehr thread on this subject.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
First id just like to say lets not let this thread get disrupted like the other one by pointless argument, the fact is that yes there are many possible explanations before anyone need jump to something far out like their consciousness shifting between time lines.

Anyway i don't actually believe anyone has claimed for a fact their different memory is a result of time line shifting, so no one need argue with anyone, its all opinion and no one can give you physical evidence if you disagree, that doesn't stop us having an interesting discussion on the idea.

With that said I've had the same odd memory about Australia and New Zealand but i am more willing to believe incorrect or false memories, however the idea of consciousness being able to in effect travel between time lines is interesting to me.

I have read many things on consciousness and the brain, one of them was how neurons may have tiny structures on them that could act a bit like quantum computers, stuff like the double slit experiment and schroedingers cat show how many possibilities can occur until the wave function is collapsed (a choice is made), if the brain does indeed work in part on a quantum level then it suggests that the brain with its 50 to 100 billion neurons and 1000 trillion connections has a huge potential for quantum possibilities to occur.

If the multiverse and time lines are real then i suspect we are changing the outcomes of our reality on a constant basis except we don't notice it because the effects are so tiny most of the time, we are shocked if we notice something incredibly unlikely like a land mass changing places, same with celebrity's being dead one day and alive the next, big scale changes we notice but the constant tiny quantum fluctuations we don't, virtual particles are popping in and out of existence all the time but we don't see it.

Anyway check out the film the Butterfly Effect to get an idea of the type of conscious time shifting we're talking about, good film to watch anyway if you haven't seen it!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Penny Q... Copy of other thread

OK....lets assume to satisfy people who of course could never have been wrong, and the only reason why they are wrong is because the entire universe has shifted to a different reality.

New Zealand has always been on the edge of a tectonic plate. New Zealand would not be the shape and form it is without being partly created by volcanic activity/ plate tectonics . So assuming NZ was on the west not to the east......then it would not exist at all.....or if it did it would be nearer to Sri lanka , Africa rather than Australia.

Just take a look at the following..

en.wikipedia.org...lates_tect2_en.svg

.I don’t care what flipin time line you are from....NZ would not be NZ and not have its shape, without being in the right geographical area. NZ is NZ cos’ it sits on the edge of the Australian Tectonic Plate. And that has what formed its unique shape.
If it was in the west, then it would either a) be part of the African Sub Continent , or b) be totally different shape and size due to it not being formed from volcanic action.

Am I wrong people?...or in your time line were the plates different as well. ....in which case the whole world would have been a different shape. America and Europe probably would not exist. So taking this to logical conclusion it would be more likely that people on ATS just simple are wrong and have not remembered stuff in the right way. Im sure we all do this from time to time.
Just look at the logic.

If NZ was in a different place, then the tectonic plates that created NZ would have been different which means that the world would be a different shape.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Penny Q.

I also need to add that observation and memory are often unique to the observer .
100 people walk into a room an see some object and read a story.
30 minutes after the event you might have about 4 versions of the room and stories.
30 days after the event you will have about 10 versions.
After 10 years you will probably have about 50 different versions, and about 5 people who never remembered being there in the 1st place.
I’m open to the idea. But someone here on ATS must be able to deliver an argument from a position of Knowledge a truth. The whole NZ, Oz thing was an example of how easily it is to debunk that theory.
Im open....It MIGHT happen somewhere. Has anyone presented a reasoned, knowledgeable, rational argument here on ATS...No. I have seen only fiction, theories, and someone who got there geography badly wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hello ATS! It's been a while .......
Mandella DEFINITELY died in the 80's. I was a kid and I vividly remember a very big hoopla about it. I was also recently shocked to hear that he was alive, though I cannot remember specifically when this occurred.
In addition, I am not a master of geography by any means but I do recall being confused about Australia's placement. I too remember it being in the middle of nowhere and NZ was not so close to it. In fact, I do not remember NZ being discernible at all...... (maybe it didn't exist in my timeline! ...Now I'm freaked out)
There have been more instances than I can count, where I have been driving around and notice things out of place, landmarks, etc. Either disappeared or things showing up seemingly out of nowhere. For the sake of my sanity, I usually just push it to the back of my mind.
I do not know if this will help or not but the first time I experienced a definite timeslip was when I was in high school. It was sometime between 1991-93. The experience was shared with a friend. We lost time (in a sense). Nothing like an abduction experience or any such thing, this was clearly a slip. Like time sped up and then rewound a bit too far. It was one of the most peculiar things that has ever happened to me and I've had more than a few strange experiences....

P.S. I only remember one atom bomb, Hiroshima, Neil Armstrong was the first moonwalker, no specific memories of Billy Graham. (NE USA, female, 34)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In my youth I made the mistake thinking that everyone else thought as I did. Through a lifetime of exprience I have learned that most people do not. When you have a truly open mind, you become a threat to the rest of the Herd. I have allowed my mind to prance outside the box. Timeslip is a real phenomenon. Why some of us exprience it and others do not is also part of the mystery. We know that Billy Grahman is alive in this timeline, however we do have memories that he died, we also know that Nelson Mandella is alive today, but again some of us do have memories that he died in prison. The question is WHY we still have the memories and others do not. I was unaware of the Aus question until this thread, I looked at the world map on google and could not believe my eyes. Aus is to far north almost touching New Guinea, not what I remember being taught in grade school. When you find yourself pokeing fun at others that do not share your beliefs or your paradigm, remember that this is fear showing through. As a member of the Herd it is programed into you to do this very thing. Throw off your bonds of mental slavery. FREE YOUR MIND and YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW.
-brokedown

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have not skipped a beat, so I do not know what you guys are really experiencing in reference to time line shifts, but I do suggest a good anti-psychotic like lamotrigine or zyprexa. I am not a doctor, only an aspiring philosopher so take what I say with a grain of salt, and good luck on your epic journeys.

SVESACK

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
How does this relate to actual dementia and memory loss as a medical condition and; how do you begin to start looking when it is this that is the actual cause of your confusion?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Do not be conforming, be appropriate and go where your heart tells you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join