It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
So we either have:

1. A bunch of people somehow keeping memories across hitherto-unknown, completely undocumented and unproven "time shifts", completely congruent with having an imperfect memory

or

2. Peoples' memories are imperfect

I know which one is the most likely. Occam's razor...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Waiting2

Just go to the library, pull out an old map book and lookup Australia and New Zealand in that one. Scan the map and post it here on ATS. n.b The earth is round, the Google map is presented as a flat image. /Regards.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
looking at maps i honestly dont remember there being a distance no greater then the english channel between australia and new guinea...

that just seems crazy to me

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It seems interesting that one person has given specific changes in geography and points in history and other people have copied descriptions/dates to the marker. I once read a short story by Arthur C. Clarke, in the story two men were discussing if a certain, however odd it may be, incident could occur. One of the men scoughed when the other said it was possible that he could walk around the corner and be attacked by a tiger, while the other man, much more educated considered the variables, and based on the infinitie variables that decisively construct our consciousness and dimensional/time frame off-shoots, in a thousand other dimension, when the lesser educated man walked around the corner, he was attacked by a tiger. Simplistic, however profound. I bring this story up, as if we are to consider time frame/dimensional shifts, the thousand of variables that can alter how incidents occur, the probability that a handfull of people, all on this forum funnily enough, have the same memory of these events occuring (to the date and decscription) is highly improbable (not impossible yet improbable). To me it seems as an easy way of manipulating history to suit your own misinformed logic.

I will say this now, i don't doubt time shifts can occur, but doubt that each of these people would have the same exact memory of say Mandela dying in prison (one of the example i have read), i could say that in the dimension i came from Mandela never got arrested? And yet i keep reading the same story. Interesting to say the least.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by relap0]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bryan2006

And Mandella- but I was too young to remember the exact details- I was shocked this summer to hear he was alive, etc

I always thought mandela was dead too, when I found out he wasn't I thought "hey guys stop kiddin around with me". But There is a logical explanation for this :
en.wikipedia.org...

In July 2001 Mandela was diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer. He was treated with a seven-week course of radiation.[115] In 2003 Mandela's death was incorrectly announced by CNN when his pre-written obituary (along with those of several other famous figures) was inadvertently published on CNN's web site due to a fault in password protection.[116] In 2007 a fringe right-wing group distributed hoax email and SMS messages claiming that the authorities had covered up Mandela's death and that white South Africans would be massacred after his funeral. Mandela was on holiday in Mozambique at the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Nice, "time shifts" - I know what's being talked about here but not sure if I can understand it or even classify it under some name. That stuff happens among with other paranormal events, but with long term effects.

I bet many people locked up in mental institutions are victims of these or similar events. At some point you either face the fact that you can't rely on your senses or memory but only your heart, or you just start taking pills.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reneau
reply to post by nik1halo

Kennedy was nov 22 of 63, because Johnson took over and Nixon won the next two elections but resigned in the second leaving Ford in charge.
60, 64, 68, 72

I could have sworn it was in the summer of 1966, hence the open top car. But then again, this is Dallas, where I assume it's reasonably warm most of the year round. Just checked and the average temp and it's 66'F, so I suppose that's warm enough.

Must just be my bad memory.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I became aware of this only a couple of weeks ago.

According to every report I could find comet Shoemaker-Levy fragments impacted with Jupiter in July 1994.

According to my memories this happened much later, I followed the approach and subsequent impact via news reports both on the net and tv. Now in 1994 I didn't even have a computer let alone the internet, my first connection with the net was in 1996.

I am completely certain in my mind that the jupiter impacts occurred sometime in the last few years, in fact I could almost swear it was in less than 2 years ago.

Now I am not confusing the 2 events as I clearly remember seeing the strung out bits of comet and then the pics of the impacts, then within months, the news that a 'second' impact had been observed. source

I just asked my daughter if she remembered anything about this and she said she did but wasn't sure exactly when, I said it was in 1994 and her response was "No Way, it was only a few years ago"

I have had other weird 'timeslip' experiences but nothing that stands out as much as this.

oh and I'm Australian (fem 50's) and for me NZ has always been to the east, but until I started using google earth I thought it was further north, and I also thought there was more ocean between us and New Guinea, but that could be explainable as inaccurate school atlases.

A few celebs seem to have not died in this timeline too but I'm not convinced that this isn't simply due to media bungles.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'll take science for a hundred. According to Bells` theorem there are an infinite number of different worlds and each one is correct within its own timeline.

Jeopardy spelled with a redundant capital J has been running since 1964 and the answers given have not changed that I have noticed, but I think it runs in a single time line.

Here on ATS I experience flux depending on who's post I'm reading. Australia only moves for me when the math required to describe its location changes. Math is just a symbolic language in the extreme measure after all.

The media has been doing more "point of departure" revisionist history in the last decade IMHO. Perhaps that is a result of trying to keep up with internet Blogs and sites like ATS.

There does seem to be a method to the madness that can be analyzed. In the old days they used the analogy of pets and leashes,wheelchairs etc, etc.

I'm willing to bet that elite NWO organizations such as the NSA have developed a chaos theory that can Predict exactly where everyone will be in their time line right down to what corner of the litter box Shroedingers cat is going to #!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
ok I'll adimit it this will sound strange... but I think it has something to do with the timeshift thing ..

when listening to the live launch broadcast of sts-130 which is the shuttle now orbiting earth... I heard the following TWICE before launch .. or maybe it was just after liftoff ... I cant remember the exact words but as far as I know this coversation should only happen once ...

START APU .. APU 3 GREEN

I know the exact words are wrong, but why would this conversation happen twice ? surely once the apu (aux power unit) is started that's it ! there's no need to start it again ...3 green means everything is ok !

So why did I hear this twice within a minute or so ?

if anyone has a link to the transcript about 10 mins before launch I'd greatly appreciate it as if searched everyhere and can't find it.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by ppk55]

[edit on 15-2-2010 by ppk55]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So let me get this right. You learned something in your youth, which you have now come to realise is wrong. And because you were so certain that you were right, and of course its impossible for you to be wrong, the ony way this could have happened is if the entire universe changed in some dramatic way so that what is correct now, is because the time lines have changed??

I agree with the OP. Debunk yourself before you make thos claims. Its is possible that you are wrong, in fact more likely that you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I remember an episode of Fringe a couple of weeks ago where people and buildings were being transplanted from a parallel universe. Maybe that's what's going on? I mean it could kinda account for the fact that a lot of people have been experiencing "time shifts" and such. Who knows? Maybe someone has the capability to open portals or shift things/people into other timelines/universes??? Maybe it's a side-effect of some sort of experiment? Just tossing it out there...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Well are you a rocket scientist? Are you well versed inpre-launch procedure? You may have heard it twice....does not mean you were in two time lines.

I'm open to the idea , that on a quantum scale, time does not move, but we are the ones traveling through time like walking through a infinate amount of paper think layers . However, we need to be a little more inteligent about this one.

Does anyone have any real evidence ? Or are we basing this entire theory on that fact that a lot of people got something wrong, and therefore the only way they could have gotten something wrong is for the entire universe to conspire against them? It is very very possible that you were all wrong in the first place.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

100% Exactly. It's a macabre coupling of arrogance and ignorance. Which, to me at least, seem to be the cornerstones of many conspiracies. The third being paranoia, of course, which doesn't seem to be present in this thread.

"Realising you're wrong" = "Time shifts" to some folks, it seems. After all that is far more logical than them simply being wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So Where are the real you's from this timeline,
What's happened to them.
since there surely should be another you that is the real one from here and not only yourselves that have somehow jumped to this reality.
get a grip on things first before these outlandish thoughts.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ
[more reme]

I think a lot of people here are confusing memory, its more than possible that you are totally wrong and remember something in a different way. Just because you don't remember it in the same way.

I think we shoud label this the Grandparent Theory. Everytime I visit my grand parents, they always say how long its been and havn't I grown up...even though im 31, .....its like they still think im 12 or something...and every time I walk through the door they expect a child and i takes them abou 20 minutes t catch up.

So are my grandparents stuck in some quantum time loop, ir are they just old. And ar our brains ...after years and years ....not just a little slower. I mean as an example. I found a USB stick from about 7 years ago in my draw. Most of its memory had corrupted. None of the old photo's could be opened. Its simpy just got a little corrupted with time. Thats also happens to the human brain as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I guess what I'm asking is for someone from ATS to help me out with this one as I can't find the transcripts from STS-130. I've also found it amazing since I've joined how there's someone ready to shut something down within minutes of posting.

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus
reply to post by ppk55

Well are you a rocket scientist? Are you well versed inpre-launch procedure? You may have heard it twice....does not mean you were in two time lines.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Don't you think we try, every which way we can think of, to figure out why our memories do not match the evidence we now see? Of course we do!
And when all our researches and questions only continue to prove that things are NOT as we remember them we turn to forums such as this, to find people who have also experienced similar things.

Did you not understand the title of this thread?

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

If you have not experienced anything that could fit into this catagory then you don't have even the slightest idea of what we are talking about and should not be posting here.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Of course there is always the possibility that our memories are wrong,
but when you read that other people remember things the way you do then, and sometimes many other people not just one, then it begins to seem a little strange.
Why would other people remember an event happening the same way and at the same time as me, only for us all to find out that it was at a completely different place and/or time?
Bad memory just doesn't cut it!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You know just this morning I saw something on the news and it jogged a memory about me thinking. Didn't this person die already?

But in any case. I started that timeline thread when I woke up one day and felt that something significant had changed. It was a very odd feeling. Though I couldn't put my finger on it.

Persnally I'm thinking someone is making small corrections in the time stream. And sometimes those corrections are felt by all or are felt by just a few.

It's a strange feeling to know that someone you thought was right one day is different the next.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join