It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I was very very hesitant to post anything in this thread, as all of it sounds like memory lapses to me. But I do have to add my thoughts on two particular subjects.

1. I also was under the mistaken impression that there was an island to the northwest of Australia. I thought it was Tasmania, but never had any interest enough to really study the area.

Reading through this thread and another like it, I read someone post that some US textbooks were using an incorrect map. That sounds very likely to me, as well as the fact that when *I* studied geography back in 5th or 6th grade, we usually studied each continent separately. I remember seeing a large map of Australia surrounded by water, without the nearness of New Guinea. This made the impression on my mind that Aus was alone floating much more south of where it really is. I do know that that isn;t an exact representation.

2. I remember that City Slickers 2 had a dedication at the end of the credits to Jack Palance. I remember having no idea who he was aside from Curly, but it was sad, and I'm sensitive like that^^.

Everything else...dunno. I know that there have been times where I never noticed a particular building or feature in the town I grew up in, but I shrug that off to being overly familiar and not as observant. There's only so much our brains can process at once.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Regarding Jack Palance - check this out

www.timboucher.com...

Curiouser and curiouser...

EDIT: Just looked at the plot of CS2 on IMDB and the character that Jack Palance played dies. Could that be where the confusion is stemming from I wonder?

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Curio]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I'm going to have to agree with you on THAT one too. That "Dragonball" flag, for lack of a better term, I have no recollection of whatsoever. I too remember a man with a rifle.

i]reply to post by HeardTheOwl

I'm sorry but I'm not one to cede to defeat so early. ATS is SUPPOSED to be a place to discuss alternative topics such as this and so far in my travels it is the best and reaches the most audience. I think to stay here will be the only way to attract others who have experienced this so they can share with us.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

interesting.

another little note:

hollywood.outsidethebeltway.com...

that's supposedly his obituary page, now 404 not found....

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Originally posted by Mahogany
One weird thing that's happened to me but this was a few years ago is the (to me) mysterious resurrection of the actor Ian McKellen.

Between the releases of two of the movies in the LotR trilogy, I watched the news on TV that said he had died that day. They also said it was sad he had passed away before finishing the trilogy and were wondering if computers could be used to complete his scenes.

I called my brother that same day to let him know and give him the sad news. He was at work and did not see those news. Since then, we all now know he finished the movies and is in fact still alive and working. To this day, my brother still wonders and sometimes mentions that phone call and wonders what I was thinking.

To me it happened.

I vaguely remember this too, but I suspect it's confusion over that magnificent man who was playing Dumbledore.

You know, to be honest, I've considered that as well. But that fact is that I really didn't care for Harry Potter movies or the cast, but have always been a huge fan of LotR, years before the movies. I understand the confusion between two wizards is possible, but I don't see myself caring much for the other one, as bad as that sounds. I definitely would not have called my brother to let him know of the actor who played Dumbledore's death.

Is it possible the media made a mistake? I've searched for a retraction and could never find one.

As far as the Australia map thing, ok I just went to google maps and that continent is far from where it should be, it has never been so close to Indonesia. It looks to be directly south from Japan, whereas I remember it being more to the east.

Someone mentioned that maps were different in Europe and USA and perhaps a correction or unification is being made. However, I was raised and educated in Europe and have lived in the USA for the last 15 years. That map bears no similarity to either. Then again, I'm not going to worry too much about a map, there could be many explanations, I'm more concerned about events we witness ourselves.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Mahogany]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If there were parallel universes, wouldn't there be an infinity and not trillions? I for one do not attend this theory physically, but only in its potential of the infinite choices and directions that seemingly random chaos (though I believe that everything in fact happens for a reason) drives the future toward.

It doesn't lend to reason that when the timeline has changed you can find the "proof" in your own memory if records of history, family information (facebook ect...) have been "changed." I assume you are basing this change in historical record on the "fact" in a changed timeline the recorded history would have been recorded different, but in that event your memory would certainly have been recorded along the same set of changed events. As one mentioned this phenomena you are trying to poke a stick at would have to be either 1) you are a time traveler or dimension slider (as well as the other people who claim the same change... came from the same place at the same time unbeknown to yourselves... Or you are god) 2) that your memory is not 100% perfect and/or the history record you remembered differs from your present reference.

I thought the OP's signature said something about the simplest answer being true? Make your own conclusions, I commend that, and am merely interested in further explanation.

I absolutely love Kurt Vonnegut Jr's Slaughterhouse 5, and Donni Darko- but if one truly is looking "analytically" how can one's closer inspection magnify the fallibility of our own memory greater than aliens and alternate timelines / dimensions. You all seem like exceedingly intelligent people, I get that, but it seems that people yearn for something extraordinary to believe in. I do have one question in that regard, are any people who believe these theories devout Christians (or followers in any other creation onward religion)? It has always seemed to me that those who believe in paranormal phenomena are the same ones who have no core explanation for the universe, or big bang / evolution followers, I think we were designed to wonder and cogitate such things.

I am not trying to bash anyone, nor am I condescending you or your beliefs, just curious.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

On a personal note: I had a friend of 30 years. We were very close and raised our children together. She was the godmother for my children and I for hers. Our children were close friends. For 30 YEARS! One day I tried to call her and she wouldn't return my call. I left messages. I emailed her. I had my oldest daughter call to see if there was some reason my friend was not speaking to me. There has been no response. We didn't have an argument, disagreement, nothing. Now the odd part.

When I complained to some of my other friends about this distressing and inexplicable seeming snub by my lifelong friend SOME of my other friends sympathized and tried to console me and some of them had no idea who I was talking about! We've all known each other since we were teenagers so I know they know who I'm talking about but they seem genuinely concerned for my mental health that I keep complaining about OUR friend who is seeming to snub me. How can they not know her or know who I'm talking about? Initially, I considered that my snubbing friend had decided she didn't want anything to do with me and had convinced some of our mutual friends to deny ever knowing me but that was a ludicrous proposition for several reasons. To this day I have no idea why people claim to not know our friend or why my lifelong friend has not gotten in touch with me.

I don't think I'm crazy but stuff like this will MAKE you crazy. I miss my friend and my relationship with the ones "not remembering" her has caused me to be more reserved around them. There's a whole history I have to be careful to not mention (all the times we all did things together, etc.) because they genuinely have no recollection of this person I'm talking about.

These are inexplicable happenings that I don't know how to reconcile. Faulty memory? On some things I could buy that explanation. No one recalls things perfectly but an entire friendship of 30 years? Not likely.

This is the most heart wrenching, unusual story I have ever heard about this phenomena whatever it is causing it. That must've been a difficult time for you. This story intersts me very much.

I have a few questions...
In relation to your residence is your friend near or far from you?

have you tried to find out if she is still living?(morbid,I know, but you may want to check)Some friends may be soured because you never attended the funeral and just assume you had knowledge of her death...this could explain it?

How about was she ever mentally unstable/has it in the family? She may have been committed.
friends may be keeping this from you to protect you if you're easily shaken or emotional?

You've known her for thirty years; have you ever tried to contact her parents/sisters/brothers/husband/ other relatives you can think of? if you've contacted a relative, have you asked if she's had an accident/lost memory...dissappeared etc?

Stopped by her house lately?(you could under the guise of being the neighborhood Avon Lady if she truly doesn't know you)

I'm not trying to derail you or anything I am genuinely interested in this story, just curious if you investigated the other mundane possiblities.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So I am thinking.. about the Book of Life from the Bible, the Akashic records to others (record outside time, there may be other connotations or beliefs I don't follow or refer to, just the basic premise). I believe humans are infinite beings, at least in the afterlife. I am a devout Christian, as was Edgar Cayce. Even though not all his "insight" was scriptural based, he was, and I believe there are other things that can manipulate our insight. Even his anti-Bible revelations are interesting to ponder, but I believe in the Bible word for word and both it and Cayce summarizes time "...just an illusion with purpose." I mean, I have a couch that is a time machine, and I am in a time lapse right now, but the back and stop buttons are broke.

Many don't fall in my camp here, but if (as I know and believe) God is infinite, and he created the 3 dimensions we live in as well as the 4rth being time, it serves reason that God's knowledge is outside of time. It also would be the case that our perception of reality, gravity of choice, lives, and existence as we know it depend on a construction such as time, but being an eternal being (if you as I believe in Heaven and Hell) then time IS JUST an illusion with purpose.

In the Bible, my belief, and my own experience, God has repeatedly given knowledge and insight to people or a person far beyond that which they could "know" in reality as we know it of time and space.. IE: things that will happen, what you need to do, ect... Cayce believed that every human, in fact, could access such knowledge and he referred to what others called the Akashic records.. I believe in its principle at least as a "record" of knowledge outside of time.

In light of my beliefs it would seem an infinite being, such as humans, could theoretically be privy to information when physical records are not as they were in the past or future similar maybe to some of the assumptions on this thread. I don't know. The Bible declared the beginning of the end days for earth when Jesus was born. Does it not seem that if time is only an illusion with purpose, could it not be theoretically possible as we today see this in the exponentially increasing natural phenomena / events / disasters of Earth... perhaps there is another phenomena increasing that we cannot currently measure and perhaps that humans are capable of seeing / knowing things outside of an illusion such as time..

Blah blah blah, that's all I have come up with so far- Blast me for believing in God if you want a break from time-travel.

[edit on 2/18/2010 by GravityChanges]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Phillip K. Dick can be used to justify anything which can't be scientifically proven. That's why I love him. This actually reminds me of his VALIS theory.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Although I hadn't experienced similar discrepancies to some of the posters, I've been following this thread with some interest. This led me to have a quick peek at Google maps to clarify the Oz/NZ situation that some have reported. To be honest I'm lost for words. Truly.

1. Australia is WAY closer to Papau New Guinea than I remember it
  2. New Zealand is higher and more to the right than I remember. As I recall, it was somewhat lower with the tail-end of the lower island ending flush underneath Tazmania

I am of course open to the possibility of faulty memory, cumulative effects of common cues (e.g. "Australia is in the middle of nowhere") etc. But, that said, I have looked at maps of Australia (and NZ to a lesser extent) fairly frequently over the years and at times have studied them in quite some depth:

1. 1996: Studied maps of Oz in some depth to route - in detail - a 5,000 kilometre road trip in and around Oz. (BTW It was worth it = 7 weeks of pure heaven
    )

2. 2003 to 2006: Studied maps of Oz now again over the years - with particular focus on the Port Douglas area (NE and now apparently shockingly close to PNG) - as part of my longer term plans to emigrate. Part of this area study included cross-referencing employers, accommodation etc with the general area to try identify the vicinity most suitable for my requirements.

3. 2007 to 2008: Studied Google and other interweb maps of Oz and NZ to prepare for my return visit. As this trip was my partner's first, we looked into the logistics of visiting various places, which included Darwin (NE) and Auckland (NZ). Yet, looking at the map now, I'm shocked to see how close the North is to PNG and how NW New Zealand is.

4. 2009: Studied Google map of NZ to try to locate various NZ islands listed for sale on www.privateislandsonline.com (wishful thinking and somewhat embarrassing I know, but the Euromillion jackpots did get quite significant at times
    ).

I don't think I can personally appease myself by chalking this one up to faulty geography. Primarily because I have been popping in, out and around maps of that area frequently over the years.

Faulty memory... possibly. But then again, when I consider how much opportunity I have had to consolidate my knowledge of that area's geography, I don't know how likely that is. Although, of course, it's a possibility.

Truth is, I'm somewhat shocked and exceedingly perplexed. Although, quite puzzlingly, not too unnerved.

Strange

[edit on 17/2/10 by lizziejayne]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I have tried most of those things you suggested. She is still alive and the friends that remember her say they have mentioned me in passing in their conversations and reported back that she just doesn't say anything when my name is mentioned. For all I know, she's as baffled by this person (me) that people keep asking her about and she has decided to ignore it. She wouldn't be into the paranormal at all. Very grounded and classy lady with a practical Dutch upbringing.

She was the most beautiful soul I've ever known; full of grace and inner peace. People loved to be around her; she just exuded a serenity that was attractive and joy-producing. She's not at all the type to just poof someone off without explaining.

Maybe I just pissed her off beyond redemption but for the life of me, I can't imagine what it would be. Still doesn't explain the mutual friends who swear they have no recollection of her. We're not a drama filled bunch that would play childish head games on each other and especially ones that drag on for years. I've since learned to let it go and not try to dig too deeply into it anymore. I accept that there are some things in this life we'll just never be able to explain.

That's why these things don't rattle me too much. If someone has an explanation, well and good; if not, I still have my life to live one day at a time. Some things are worth my time to investigate and research but stuff this far out is way out of my league.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i'm still reading through this thread (i'm only on page 6) but i wanted to go ahead and post my own experiences.

as for australia, i can say that i did 'think' that it was much more isolated than it is. but i really can't chalk that up as anything more than bad memory, or american isolationism.
however, i've heard it stated before that australian maps are sometimes depicted upside down from northern hemisphere maps so that the aussies are on top of the globe. i've never been to australia so i can't personally vouch for this, but is this true? that couldn't definitely explain why some remember nz being nw instead of se.

don't know anything about mendella or graham.

anyway, my own experiences that i've always wondered about are as follows:

i was four years old, so you could easily discard my memory as false, but i vividly recall sitting in front of the television one evening with my familty. they were watching the news and i was practicing writing my numbers because i was excited about starting school soon. i remember asking my mother how to write a four. and she gave me an example that looked exactly like this -- 4. i set back to my task of writing all the numbers 0-9 in sequential order, over and over again. my dad made some comment about the news story on t.v. and i looked up. i saw a map on the television of some country across the ocean and an illustration that commenced to show how the military of our enemies at the time were on there way across the ocean to attack the u.s. personally. i asked my dad when they would get there and he said he wasn't sure, and then, noticing my fear, he told me not to worry. he said we would live in the woods if it got too bad and he'd hunt and fish to keep food on the table.

first of all, i was born in the tail end of '84 so there was no war (the closest was desert storm in '90). second of all, i remember the following evening i asked both of my parents if the soldiers had got here yet and they had no idea what i was talking about, said i had had a bad dream. the real clincher, for me, was that i went to practicing my numbers again and my mother checked on my progress at some point. she asked my why i drew my fours like i did. i told her that she taught me the night before and she adamantly proclaimed that untrue. she proceeded to show me the other way (with the open frame).

someone else mentioned alternate movie and song versions. i've stated the same for years. have been singing along countless times only to stop and yell, "they changed the ** words!"

the only person i remember dieing that hasn't is jonathan davis, the lead singer of 'korn.' i was a HUGE fan as a teenager, and when they announced it on the radio i cried and called all of my friends to tell them the news. i was extremely confused when their next c.d. came out.

oh, i'm male/25/arkansas. though, i believe that i was in michigan when the first instance occurred.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

OK. Wow that is odd...truly strange. Wow I'd say there is definately some weirdness going on in this universe!

There is this website I just found that may interest all of you researching this phenomena:In2Worlds

[edit on 17-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

No matter how much truth it contains (and I am not accusing you of lying of course), this story is absolutely fascinating. Creepy, too.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I do think that maybe the Book Of Life could have a connection to these De Ja Vu moments or the opposite effect of swearing something was different rather than the same.. The Akashic record is explained in some of Cayce's readings while he was "there" reading the answers from there.... if you believe in any of it.. Here are two readings:

Q. [What is meant by] The Book of Life?
A. The record that the individual entity itself writes upon the skein of time and space, through patience – and is opened when self has attuned to the infinite, and may be read by those attuning to that consciousness...
Q. The Book of God's Remembrances?
A. This is the Book of Life.
Q. The Akashic Records?
A. Those made by the individual, as just indicated.

2533-8

Yes, we have the body here, and the record as has been made and as may be made with the will as exercised, and the condition irrespective of the will's influence or effect as has been created. We have conditions that might have been, that are, and that may be. Do not get the three mixed up or crossed purposes of either.

304-5

I wrote more of how that could tie in, or what I hypothesize in an above post.

Meh... who knows.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If no one is interested, I will drop this idea.. But it IS interesting to me at least in tying in to this phenomena. I wanted to share Cayce's description of his journey he followed every time he went into a trance, it is pretty rad. I wish I could learn how to do this, but I think I would die since he said he became physically ill whenever the information given through one of his readings was used for ill-gotten gains (and their were many particularly accurate such readings like exactly where oil deposits were). Anyway, check out his description:

" I see myself as a tiny dot out of my physical body, which lies inert before me. I find myself oppressed by darkness and there is a feeling of terrific loneliness. Suddenly, I am conscious of a white beam of light. As this tiny dot, I move upward following the light, knowing that I must follow it or be lost.

As I move along this path of light I gradually become conscious of various levels upon which there is movement. Upon the first levels there are vague, horrible shapes, grotesque forms such as one sees in nightmares. Passing on, there begin to appear on either side misshapen forms of human beings with some part of the body magnified. Again there is change and I become conscious of gray-hooded forms moving downward. Gradually, these become lighter in color. Then the direction changes and these forms move upward and the color of the robes grows rapidly lighter. Next, there begin to appear on either side vague outlines of houses, walls, trees, etc., but everything is motionless. As I pass on, there is more light and movement in what appear to be normal cities and towns. With the growth of movement I become conscious of sounds, at first indistinct rumblings, then music, laughter, and singing of birds. There is more and more light, the colors become very beautiful, and there is the sound of wonderful music. The houses are left behind, ahead there is only a blending of sound and color. Quite suddenly I come upon a hall of records. It is a hall without walls, without ceiling, but I am conscious of seeing an old man who hands me a large book, a record of the individual for whom I seek information. "

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I have had a wierd experiance, I remember reading in the paper about Elvis going missing for a few weeks and his fans getting really worried etc. The reason this is weird is I was only born in 1982 so Elvis should have been dead!!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I find this very interesting. I dont know what is going on but my brain seems to have hinted at this:

When i watched apollo 13 as a child i clearly remember that the astronauts died. I remember that in the movie they showed the astronauts alive but i clearly remember my dad telling me "you know they died in real life" and i felt really sad.

Also, i dont remember colombia burning up in 2003. I remember that happening much earlier. I dont remember any space shuttle crash after 9/11.

Maybe my memory is fogged up or something i dont know.

heres another wierd thing:

i had two recurring dreams where i owned a green camaro. I beleive it was like a 68 or 69. It was in pristine condition. Now i feel as if it isn't a part of me anymore and i must own one for the sake of clarity. It is a really weird feeling, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If Australia were far away from everything, then there would have been no aboriginals in that reality. It is unclear how they got there, but either they came on rafts from New Guinea (pregnant woman on a log with a dog, as we used to say), or they walked when there was a land bridge. They did not build proper boats. At the time of the European colonization, Australians were the most primitive people on earth. They were still paleolithic. That was ok for them because they had everything that they needed to survive, they didn't have to progress. But they never would have been able to get to Australia if they had to build boats like the Polynesians. And for New Zealand, if it were to the west of Australia, there would never have been Maori there, because Maori are Polynesian. Polynesians went east. They never went west.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

There is this website I just found that may interest all of you researching this phenomena:In2Worlds

Wow...I love this site, Idy! Thank you!

I hate it that I have to have so many posts on here before I can write to individual people. Boooo.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join