It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can children go to Hell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The OP asks in his post not to "derail with hell is not real". In my post I did say "assumeing hell is real" in keeping with the subject of this thread.

That does not mean that I believe in a Biblical fiery hell with a devil and a pitchfork.

I think you make your own hell whether it's here or in the afterlife.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hell is not a literal place. No one will burn forever. That's just a lie.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If you're definition of hell is eternal suffering and separation from the love and mercy of God, then no. If you mean a time of "correction" and shame, then yes. I know I will live with some shame forever.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

Personally, i believe hell to be a state of mind and not really the conventional definition of the word. Allow me to share a few situations to better understand what i am asking.

The answer is no. Children will not go to hell. Hell is an eternity separated from the God that created and loves you.

Who is at fault? baby?child?parents? I think i have my answer, but am more curious of you think.

Some therapy for the perpetrator later on in life if the child remembers the incident possibly but no one is at fault.

The child realizes he was wrong, and the concept of death is very new to him and he says " I didnt mean to kill him, the guy in the movie didnt die!?!?" who is at fault?

No one. It was an accident. Again, some therapy later on or immediately but that's it.

Who is responsible? the bullies? The child for giving in? the person he got the gun from? Just curious.

No one. The kid who blew himself away will not go to hell either. Although some major therapy is in order for the bullies.

How do you think they will they be judged?

By a loving God who says that our sins are thrown as far as the east is from the west when we ask Him to forgive us. If those teenagers now in their thirties have learned anything by then, they would know this. That's how I see it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Who is to say anyone is at fault?

How about the reason, logic, and common sense you claim to use?

How about the parents of the victims?

A kid gets bullied for x amount of time. Everyone see's it but no one stops it. Why? Because of this prevelant " who am I to judge" mentality. The kid gets fed up and fills the air with gunpowder. Who's to blame? Everyone who saw what was happening for x years and did nothing.

Including You.

If you can't use your reason, logic, and common sense to see a bad situation as it is happening and stop it, then it is about as useless as the god who endowed you with your "special gift".

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
3- The Bullies. They are well old enough to know the outcome of what they were doing to that kid. With all the media and internet attention paid to scenarios like this, how could they NOT know?

OK, but what about the continued part of the question. could they ever redeem themselves for that event, and is there a true age to maturity?

what about the kid that killed himself, he pulled the trigger didn't he?

...Answers?

Really though, that is way too broad of a question to get any real, substansive answers to.

Beleive it or not I got a lot of answers out of it. I tried to present a thread as "objective" (without too much ego) as possible to see if the conclusions others have reached go along with mine, AND to even add/broaden my own thoughts with new perspectives i haven't thought of. Indeed, what you got out of it is not what i got out of it.

thanx for your post

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Hell is not a literal place. No one will burn forever. That's just a lie.

State of mind

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Personally, i believe hell to be a state of mind and not really the conventional definition of the word. Allow me to share a few situations to better understand what i am asking.

The answer is no. Children will not go to hell. Hell is an eternity separated from the God that created and loves you.

Who is at fault? baby?child?parents? I think i have my answer, but am more curious of you think.

Some therapy for the perpetrator later on in life if the child remembers the incident possibly but no one is at fault.

The child realizes he was wrong, and the concept of death is very new to him and he says " I didnt mean to kill him, the guy in the movie didnt die!?!?" who is at fault?

No one. It was an accident. Again, some therapy later on or immediately but that's it.

Who is responsible? the bullies? The child for giving in? the person he got the gun from? Just curious.

No one. The kid who blew himself away will not go to hell either. Although some major therapy is in order for the bullies.

How do you think they will they be judged?

By a loving God who says that our sins are thrown as far as the east is from the west when we ask Him to forgive us. If those teenagers now in their thirties have learned anything by then, they would know this. That's how I see it.

Thank you, those are the replies im looking for, but why would they need for therapy if no one is at fault?

Eventually the individual will face this himself (JUDGE HIMSELF) and maybe Hell for him is going through his life knowing what he did.

do you agree?

[edit on 13-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

May i ask you... to "learn" what?

How to become more perfect, and by that I mean to eliminate any negativity.

Know that there are many definitions of God and you must view things dynamicly or you'll be stuck in your little box.

Of cousre, I am simply referring to my version as I exist in my own reality. as I am only sharing with you my opinion.

Use your imagination once in a while. You say you use logic and common sense then show me... You cant because what is logical and common is a matter of perception, which i am simply trying to expand.

Truths are self-evident. Maybe my BS detector is different than yours, but mine is telling me through experience that the one who created this reality we live in that we can either move closer or farther away to the creator through our actions. I cannot prove this to you as my reality is simply that, my own. So i guess to answer your question "No Children cannot go to hell because is does not exist in my reality. Maybe it does in yours and I suppose you are the only one who can answer that based off of you own beliefs. Either way it all boils down to opinion and there is mine

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

A kid gets bullied for x amount of time. Everyone see's it but no one stops it. Why? Because of this prevelant " who am I to judge" mentality. The kid gets fed up and fills the air with gunpowder. Who's to blame? Everyone who saw what was happening for x years and did nothing.

Including You.

If you can't use your reason, logic, and common sense to see a bad situation as it is happening and stop it, then it is about as useless as the god who endowed you with your "special gift".

Peace

Have you noticed that your answers do not match the answers of others?

that is the point of this thread!!! To expand your own view with the views of others?

You have an insight original to you, that makes sense to me, that i may never gotten without asking.

thank you for your reply.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Truths are self-evident. Maybe my BS detector is different than yours, but mine is telling me through experience that the one who created this reality we live in that we can either move closer or farther away to the creator through our actions. I cannot prove this to you as my reality is simply that, my own. So i guess to answer your question "No Children cannot go to hell because is does not exist in my reality. Maybe it does in yours and I suppose you are the only one who can answer that based off of you own beliefs. Either way it all boils down to opinion and there is mine

THANK YOU!!!! those are the kinda posts i am looking for. Im glad to have come across you in this thread, thank you for your reply.

It is nice to know what you believe in, but it as just as important to know why you beleive in it. I would like you to check out my thread in my signature when you have the time and tell me what you think.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If god loves everyone hell shouldn't be real but of course thats my point of view =)
Intriguing thoughts though playing on the fact hell does possibly exist I would say The child from all 3 examples Wasn't of due action and probably lacked understanding of consequences involved thus the awareness factor would play into something like let him pass.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I believe they could possibly redeem themselves if they want to. It would help if they have a concience, if they truely felt bad for what they did.

IMO there is no true age for maturity. Why do you bully someone? Public humiliation? To make the kid feel inferior? To make yourself feel better? To take their lunch money? Whatever the reason, they were old enough to understand that what they were doing was wrong and that nothing good could come from it.

Yes ,the kid pulled his own trigger. But because we don't know what else was going on in his life, we can only assume he did it because he was being bullied. But, assume it wasn't solely because of the bullying. If this teenager had so much wrong going on in his life that he truely felt this was his only way out, that death was the only answer to life, well then it seems to me that at some point, god put him in hell.

Think about it. If that's not hell my friend, I'd like to know what is.

End result. From what we know of the scenario, the bullies

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Eventually the individual will face this himself (JUDGE HIMSELF) and maybe Hell for him is going through his life knowing what he did. do you agree?

A person will have a sense of despair because of their situation. Some will not be able to nail down what it is that is actually bothering them. This can grow into self loathing and the need for an escape mechanism which is usually drugs or alcohol. This blinds them to the true nature of their problems.

It is only when someone realizes that they cannot do it on their own and seek a higher authority. Some find it in meditation or religion. I have found that those who seek a relationship with Jesus usually realize what it is that they have been missing. To be forgiven.

Some will shy away from this and say they do not need to be forgiven and develop criminal behaviors. Some will just be miserable their whole life and keep running. Some will find the truth.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You must first define fault. I happen to believe that we are all here to learn and that our time here on earth is a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things so I do not assume to think that I fully understand why things happen and if they do appear to be "good" or "bad" based off of my own "understanding" of things.

Including You.

That is your opinion, I suppose that I don't feel the need to "blame" anyone as that would imply that I have full and total understanding of why and how things work to begin with.

So you assume to know what is "bad" and what is "good" based off of your perceptions of what good and bad is.

I try to look at the bigger picture based off of my own beliefs that if I die it is not the end of me and if I die and the hand of someone who is not as far along in understanding as I am that it is not neccesarily bad as that situation may be the catyalist needed for that person to finally understand the error fo their ways. If that person truly learns good from that then was that truly a "bad" situation after all? I think it is based on perception.

Hope that clarifies my point a little for ya.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why yes, I have noticed that my answers don't match anyone else's.

That's because I'm better than them!!

Just kidding, you seem like a kool kat, Rock on.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yeah, I think that clarifies it a bit.

My definition of fault is taking responsibility for wrong- doing.

And my perceptions are based on the gut-checking realities that have presented themselves to me during the course of my 45 years here on this rock, both good and bad.

Having clear, concise definitions, judgements and answers gives me peace of mind. I know how to define a problem, therefore, I know how to solve it. Thess amount of problems I have, the more peaceful I am.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Why yes, I have noticed that my answers don't match anyone else's.

That's because I'm better than them!!

Just kidding, you seem like a kool kat, Rock on.

Peace

Hilarious!!! Somebody with a sense of humor!!!

I appreciate your kind words and "YES"

you are Kooler than everyone else

thanx for your reply

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFXA child not baptised will in fact, according to a very freaking clear understanding of the bible, go straight into the burning hellfire pit the christians seem to cherish. If you dont like it, I suggest you take it up with God/Jesus or invent a time machine and slap those fools in the head that wrote it in a pretty black and white way.

But... but but... what is "born" entailing? Does that mean a "soul" doesn't enter a child until it's passed the birth canal? If so... what's all this nonsense about abortion and birth control being evil and souls entering at the moment of conception? Would the birth canal be the root of the "sin canal", and children born by C-section either be born without souls or free of original sin?

If it's the moment of conception, then what about miscarriage?

according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Studies reveal that anywhere from 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in miscarriage. ~ American Pregnancy Association

So, would that mean god sends 10 to 25% of all souls to hell as a bare minimum right out the gate, since they never have the chance to be born and baptized. Should we start draining amniotic fluid and flushing the uterus with Holy Water... or better, just to be sure, have women douche with Holy Water every month just to be sure.

For me... I'd say no, children do not go to hell, because there is no hell.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

A child not baptised will in fact, according to a very freaking clear understanding of the bible, go straight into the burning hellfire pit the christians seem to cherish. If you dont like it, I suggest you take it up with God/Jesus or invent a time machine and slap those fools in the head that wrote it in a pretty black and white way. There is no "well, if your under 18, God will maybe look past" nonsense...the child, be it 8 years old or 8 hours old will burn eternally away from the love of God.

I beg to differ. What about the thief on the cross next to Jesus? He had never been baptized and I do believe Jesus told him he was going to be in Heaven. What of all of the first born of Egypt? Do you believe they went to hell because they were misled?

I don't want to start quoting scripture but I can. There are examples where a child dies and goes to Heaven in the Bible. If God can create the universe and allow us to carry on this conversation, do you really think He would be limited to what you perceive of Him?

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join