It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing World Of Flame Fractals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

wow...thank your very much...i will try to get some work in it done tonight, will try to post here something soon. i personally consider Apo. pretty tough,, but i guess all it needs is some getting used to, still having issues manipulating fractals into what i at least partially want....but the i like challenges
anyway, thx a lot again

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Apo really isn't that hard, just a bit getting used to.
I used apo for the first time after seeing this thread back in february, and about one week later I made the below images. I did them with the apo 3dhack version that is downloadable for free on the net and no other program was used (no photoshop or enhancement of the image/collors, etc)

just keep 'playing around' with it

I'll just post the links to the files on ats, images are to big to display here

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Can you teach me how to do this, please

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MusicLife

First, use some of the links provided in my opening post to get the program and read as many tutorials as you can handle. Well worth a few minutes to show you the basics and a good starting point.

Play, play, play........

Just have fun using chaotic and random imput into the numerical boxes, even a minute (0.001) change can have wonderful effects sometimes. If you were to make a change of say...0.001 in an attribute and nothing changes, shift the decimal place and try again until you do :-) ....0.01 instead, etc, etc for infinate and unique possibilities.

Post your results here and tell us anything in particular that created any certain effect, would be cool.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Did you use a 3D script for some of your ones?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Ok, so I just mucked around a bit and made a couple of cool fractals and some are still rendering so I'll have them up later but this is what I have started with.

edit on 4/10/2010 by MusicLife because: Pictures Didn't Fit

edit on 4/10/2010 by MusicLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
aneikhaar.deviantart.com...

my fractal star

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by White Haven

Nice!

How can it take almost 5 days to render your picture?

Most of mine took about 10 minutes. Maybe there's a tweak in there that would speed things up. Check your render settings in Apophysis maybe.

Show us more.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

its rendered on very high quality so it is smooth and it is a big picture (around 9MP)...plus i render on a laptop, so its not the fastest thing on the world
and thank you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Maybe try a test that starts with a fast and basic setting and work up to higher settings.
Compare the results and determine which one gives optimum results for your system. Remember that monitors can only show a particular amount of detail and anything above is just not worth the extra time involved unless the image is to be printed at a larger than monitor viewing size. Eg: the highest setting and the next highest setting may produce results that are identical when viewed.

Worth a try, let us know the results eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MusicLife
reply to post by nerbot

Did you use a 3D script for some of your ones?

Nope, just played around and had fun.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

this is my new fractal, Sun Balance...it was an experiment to see, what is possible with only ONE traingle...and personally i like the result a lot, lemme know what do u think

nerbot: did some quick testing, one of the reasons my rendering takes so long is that i usually render at quality 4000 to give the fractals full and plastic feeling and catch as many details as possible.u r right, this is waaay over possible resolution of monitors.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You struck GOLD with that last one. Very liquid, it's really good.

Glad my little rendering tip helps a bit, so nice to see the results and waiting ages for a render can be frustrating. I used to do chores while mine emerged on the screen :-)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

thx a lot man

this is another one, a variation sort of called Spiral Dunes. i used this one due to its high shadow content and fairly quick rendering speed to measure differences between 1000 and 4000 quality settings. results r interesting, timewise rendering 4000 took roughly 3-4x longer, but there was a massive reduction in noise especially in those shadow regions. so the advice if u want to make really smooth plastic/fluid like fractals is to go for the highest setting of quality, probably more than 4000 is possible, but i didnt try that. if u look closely, u can still see some noise in those dark areas, but its pretty subtle giving more of an impression like its sand.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

"Graininess" can often be tweaked using the contrast and brightness controls and can be made to dissappear sometimes allowing better renders at slightly lower qualities.

reply to post by MusicLife

I really like the first one you showed us. Remins me of my "Atomic Flea". Yours is more of a butterfly though.

Nice!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Amazing. All I can say is that if these were paintings I would gladly hang them on my walls.
Beautiful stuff. thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
thanks for creating this thread! like everybody else, im a noob and im HOOKED!!

here are my first two creations please bear with my novice-like qualities

img146.imageshack.us...

img227.imageshack.us...

edit on 30-11-2010 by Cobra.EXE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

Nice couple of pics you've done there, well done.

Amazing little program isn't it? Show us more when you get the chance and have fun with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join