It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing World Of Flame Fractals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
One of the best threads in years. I've used the standard generators, but this one looks awesome. The 3D control has got to have a good UI. I'm so not math. I do it in my head. Numbers are numbing to my creative.

I'm better with a lot of sliders and pre-set kernals to start. This would be a plugin for Photoshop if Kai Power Tools was still published.

So busy, but have to play with this. Thank you, in advance.

Everyone here is doing good work. Keep it coming.

ZG

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hey nerbot, are these your creations? If so, hope you don't mind that I'm using 'Arrival' as my desktop wallpaper.

Great post.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

I don't mind at all. I provided links to original size pics on my "deviantart" profile so people could have good copies for anything they wanted.

Kinda spooky that one....deep cold space and the arrival of something strange from another dimension.

cheers.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

why thank you very very much nerbot. youve really got something going for yourself.

& again thank you very much for showing me this, things that are created by numbers surely fascinate me to the highest degree.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

all very wonderful art!

thanx to everyone who contributed. i tried naming some before i saw what they were called. for dashboard i thought "germ party". it looks microscopic; but of course "its all in the eye of the beholder". great stuff!

now i must seek out the appropriate programs.

edit on 31-12-2010 by orangutang because: added a bit about naming

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

i'm getting bogged down wondering why scripts is blank. i followed a tute somewhere and it said click .open and my docs are there but no script. can anyone explain this please? i'm a total newbie at apophysis.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Not sure about "scripts". I never used them and did all my tweeking manually. I imagine scripts are for achieving a particular result and were created for pre written algorithmic processes.

Do your own thing. Have a go using different "flames" as your base, a little tweek here and there and just see where it leads. Play, experiment and have fun.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

LOVE your work. Very fun and...

I want to play too!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Have fun

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Beautiful fractal flames! Apophysis is a really fun program, you can make some incredibly beautiful images using it. There is an EXCELLENT screen saver, my personal fav, called Electric Sheep. It uses cloud rendering to create fractal flame animations which are played in a seamless, morphing progression when your screen saver kicks in.

electricsheep.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Just replying to you to say that wow, I haven't heard anybody mention Kai's Power Tools in freaking FOREVER. Awesome. Rock the 'shop oldskool.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

that is f#ing cool. It looks like the thing above him is a projection of his thoughts or something. Like he's communicating with telepathicaly created holograms... just cool.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The world of fractals holds, well, the whole world.

I refuse to put in a second line.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Beautiful, nerbot! Got anymore? Like "Pimp My UFO".

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I haven't done any for a while because I reformatted to 'pooter and haven't loaded the program back yet. Will post here when I do though.

Currently building a faster PC so should be able to render bigger, better and faster:-)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, thank you very much for my new obsession

After few days of playing with Apophysis and pulling out my hair, this is the result:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16a5eba53f3b.jpg[/atsimg]
I called it Autumn Moon.

Link to the full picture.

S&F for this great thread.
Now I'm back to play some more!

edit on 18-6-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Have download every single one and got them on shuffle as my desktop backgrounds.

Amazing pictures, thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join