It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noises from the movie, "Signs"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hi, a few months back I was in my bedroom sleeping at night when I woke up to a sound that sounded identicle to the sound the aliens made on, "Signs". I thought maybe it was just one of those things you hear half in sleep and half awake (I've heard alot of things). Still, I was scared and turned on the light and sat up. I stood there in complete silence listening to everything. Then, after about 1 or 2 minutes I heard it again!! Loud and clear. Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is because I was wondering if anyone knew anything about sounds that aliens would make...or if it was just house sounds. Thanks for any help I can get in this.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
maybe it was a cicada, if you're on the eastern half of the u.s. it's a big possibility it rose early.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think that the director (in a very Hitchcockian move) picked the sound of the aliens from something we all hear on any given summer/spring day but never notice because it's in the background. That's the beauty of both MNS and Hitchcock -- they take mundane things (like taking a shower) and make them scary.

After seeing the movie at the theaters I began (along with others) to notice that sound, too. Ultimately, I honestly believe that it's just the sound of some sort of common insect that no one ever noticed before.

As a sidenote, the short-lived TV series "Space:Above and Beyond' and an episode about abductions from "Star Trek the Next Generation" both featured aliens that communicated with a clicking language. Sorry i don't know the episode titles.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I agree with IKnowNothing, it could be a Cicada, other insects or even certain electronics.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
or a near by TV playing the movie signs

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Signs was one spooky film

Didn't the Predator 'speak' in clicks too ?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Do you have a ceiling fan? Mine sometimes makes clicking sounds similiar to what you heard in Signs.. Nothing a can of WD-40 can't fix! Look into it!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I find it interesting that many films portray alien speech as clicks...

If you think about it, in some of David Ickes interviews, he talks with a supposed tribesman who explains the stories of supposed ancient artifacts left by alien beings, etc etc.

If you scientifically take a black male, you can, through breeding with those of lighter skin tones, ultimately end up with a white man, yet the reverse is not possible. This potentially explaining where man originated to begin with.

Many African tribes speak in clicks to this day...

Connection?

I don't know enough about it, but might be something to consider.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe there was an African Tribesman running around in my house.
I dunno, that was the first time I heard it, haven't heard it since. I live in the western part of the states (Arizona)..this just gave me a bad thought. I live near the desert, maybe it was a f-ing rattle snake...good God.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Don't take this as a personal attack against you because it isn't but every sci-fi movie relating to UFO's or Extraterrestrials eventually becomes part of somebodies "encounter" or "experience" or "abduction".

The UFO Community should take pause when somebody describes their experience as "it sounded like the clicking from Signs" or "they kind of looked like the aliens from Taken".

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
could be an insect. at that time of night when you�re about to fall asleep your imagination can start playing tricks on you. especially if you�re spooked. i would have to agree with onlyinmydreams. the movie effects people use alot of distorted every day noises to create sound effects for films.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
not that this is pertainent to your story... but i've noticed that "signs" has copied several sound effects from "star trek: TNG" episodes and "T2"...kind of interesting if you ask me...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There is actually a good reason why i would say that. I was wondering if maybe the person who came up with those noises could have possibly gotten them from somewhere? Maybe it's some kind of myth that aliens talk like that. I was just asking if maybe anyone had any ideas about that. Besides, I think it was just my imagination. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The person who created those noises created them with his imagination. It's similar to the noises of laser guns from Star Wars which were created by striking telephone wires. Is it a myth that aliens talk like that? No...I've never ever heard of any stories about aliens sounding like the clicking creations from Signs. It's just movie magic. As for what you heard, it could have been several things.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I imagine sounds like that all the time lol. I thought signs was pretty scary, but I dont watch that many scary movies. Anyway I wouldn't worry about it being a rattlesnake from your description. If you've never heard one rattle, its more of a hiss and not a "click".

Chi

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, I can tell you right now that no cicada I've ever seen/heard/ran into makes noises like that. I, too, have heard the same sounds outside at night, but I was wide-awake. Same thing w/my older sister. She lives out in the country and one night while she was lying on her bed she heard it. She was aslo wide-awake.

It gives me the heebie-jeebies. It prob'ly is just some sort of insect that likes warms climates, tho. I live in TX, you live in AZ, right?... But, to tell you the truth, I've NEVER heard a bug that could make such a clear sound. It's very loud for a bug, and it's not...buglike. Plus, I could swear that I've never heard that noise until I saw that movie.

*Long silence*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHH!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chi
I could swear that I've never heard that noise until I saw that movie.

This statement is one of the biggest problems with the UFO community. Not saying you said anything wrong but this statement is definitely fitting.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
After seeing the SIGHNS movie.....my 5th grade son went looking for the old baby monitor. Yes....he did find it..........much to my dismay! Why am I sad about this? BECAUSE now he has put fresh battereys in it, and carries it in his backpack........"just in case mom SHEESH!"
Sometimes he is outside and I can see him with the monitor. He is just actually scarring himself is what I am thinking..........THEN? he tells me he can HEAR people on theyre cell phones on the baby monitor......OMG! its true.........I have heard it to! Normal folks just chatting away........I wish he wouldnt listen to this stuff, for people SAY things he may not need to be hearing, ya know? he gets very anxious about me trying to take it away, BECAUSE of the dang SIGHNS movie. So........he still has it.

We have never heard any clicking noises like from the movie. THAT WOULD really freek me out FO SHO!.....
...but......its freeky enough knowing that anything I say on my cell phone COULD be picked up on any old baby monitor.
makes me REALLY aware of WHAT I am saying on the cell phone......

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I thought the advent of digital mobile networks prevented the signals being received that way? I have a scanner on which I used to be able to listen in to analogue mobile conversations (not that I ever did of course, because that's illegal!), but when (here in the UK) all the mobile companies switched to digital, it all disappeared (apparently).

I'm no expert on analogue/digital comms, but would have thought that a baby monitor simply picks up signals on a specific frequency? We can sometimes hear TV on ours, but that's all.

Grey Pilgrim.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven
Signs was one spooky film

Didn't the Predator 'speak' in clicks too ?

I want my own Predator!! That was one bad ass movie. Of all the aliens I've ever seen, The Predator is the one I wanna most become friends with. LOL.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join