It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 - Part Two - Convergence. (Merge BTS & ATS?)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't want to speak for the admin but I have to stick my nose in here and point out that this thread is not the only avenue of input we have for opinions on this matter.

People who don't like to "oppose the crowd" tend to be a little more discrete.

It would be a mistake to assume:

1) we are taking some sort of straw poll here and

2) that this thread alone is to be the basis for what is in the end a business decision.

That said, I'm not aware of any final decision having been made (edit: nor are the owners that kind of managers) so please keep the opinions/suggestions coming.

[edit on 10 Feb 10 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's probably already been said.....

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

no..........

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My final observation on this issue (one can only hope) is to remind everyone some of the wisest words ever uttered in the history of civilization:

Sometimes you feel like a (conspiracy) nut, sometimes you don't!

Wise words indeed ... two candy bars (one with nuts), two boards.

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
My final observation on this issue (one can only hope) is to remind everyone some of the wisest words ever uttered in the history of civilization:

Sometimes you feel like a (conspiracy) nut, sometimes you don't!

Wise words indeed ... two candy bars (one with nuts), two boards.

Think about it.

Double quoted for emphasis..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Also, it's hella annoying to keep them seperate to us mobile users.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have posted 50/50 in ATS & BTS.

And whereas I do find it a pain to log in to both, once I log in, I am there as long as I don't run some type of cleaning software.

This is a double edge sword, would you keep all the same sub-forums with the same level of moderation?

If so, then maybe that would be a good thing. But if you merge the two eliminating some of the sub-forums and have moderation different than whats at BTS right now. Then as a heavy BTS user I would be against it. And vote NO.

If you are going to give it flags and stars and keep ALL the the sub-forum subjects, and the same level of moderation then I vote YES.

Moderation has been just about perfect in BTS, unlike ATS which is very good, but less than stellar at times, sorry I have to call it like I read it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Surely there is someway to create a master domain which links to two sub-domains, and all that would be needed is to log in to that one master domain, thus logging you in to both sub-domains?

The master domain could be anything, while the two sub-domains would be ATS and BTS, which you would be logged in to simultaneously?

BTS, although being a separate domain, still recognizes everyone's login information, i.e. you do not have to register again on BTS after you have registered on ATS or vice versa. So obviously there is a connection of the two. It shouldn't be too hard to link the login so if you login to one you are logged in to the other.

I tend to agree with others that the topics of BTS would bring down the credibility of ATS...

...then again, some of the members of ATS do that enough on their own.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
WINDOWS SAVES MY PASSWORD FOR BTS, SO ITS JUST A CLICK ON THE MOUSE FOR ME.

PLEASE DONT PLAY AROUND WITH THE FORMAT OF ATS,

Im finding it hard to see what the issue is here, i run XP Pro SP3, all passwords and site data is saved, surely all the brains on ATS know how to configure this on their computer.

Am i missing something?

[edit on 10/2/2010 by scubagravy]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yes, Merge....I never go to BTS anymore because im to lazy to re-enter my name and pw.

And I like BTS...but not as much as ATS.

Merge, Yes.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Surely there is someway to create a master domain which links to two sub-domains, and all that would be needed is to log in to that one master domain, thus logging you in to both sub-domains?

The master domain could be anything, while the two sub-domains would be ATS and BTS, which you would be logged in to simultaneously?

BTS, although being a separate domain, still recognizes everyone's login information, i.e. you do not have to register again on BTS after you have registered on ATS or vice versa. So obviously there is a connection of the two. It shouldn't be too hard to link the login so if you login to one you are logged in to the other.

I tend to agree with others that the topics of BTS would bring down the credibility of ATS...

...then again, some of the members of ATS do that enough on their own.

This sounds like the most logical answer to me.

Keep the sites separate in that you don't merge them, so that part would remain unchanged.

Just eliminate the need for an extra login to the other site. I don't see why anyone would object to this as it both keeps the sites separate and eliminates the extra login.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
awesome idea!
Sometimes conspiracies and such run me down and BTS is great, but it's barely used in comparison to ATS. I say yay

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I vote no again.
If the merger will place extra work load on the servers, I especially say NO!
There are already plenty of boards on each site, merging will cause confusion.

Is it really worth the work to merge?
What would be the benefits of merging?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Voting no for the merging.

Yes for the return of Starring on BTS.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I vote no, they shouldn't be merged.
There's a reason for BTS.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Merge BTS & ATS?

I'll have to vote no...I wouldn't like to see that happen...
2nd

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I vote no to the idea. I just don't think the topics mesh well enough to be on the same board. I see it causing more clutter and annoyance than anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would be in favor of the merger of BTS and ATS into one site.

It would make things a lot simpler, and I would actually post in BTS. As it is now I never even go there.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'd say it's a good idea, long overdue in my opinion. I don't even use BTS to be honest.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I vote NO.

I haven't had to re-log in when I go to BTS for quite a long time. You can configure things so that you don't have to.

Secondly, I think in merging the two, you run the risk of turning BTS into (no offense intended) what ATS is: an all out, 24/7 flame war, and I'd rather not see that happen.

$0.02

TA

Edit to avoid an off topic reply:

I don't remember exactly what I did to get it to where I only have to log in once, but it involved setting FireFox to remember the username and password.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Is there a way to just have it so that if I click on a topic I have in my favorites that is BTS that after I log in it takes me to that topic that drew me there - I admit I am old and by the time I click over there and log in I have forgotten the name and location of the topic I wanted to read

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join