It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 - Part Two - Convergence. (Merge BTS & ATS?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As a "behind the scenes" update, we're getting very close to a new design for AboveTopSecret.com that represents an attractive reboot of our core look-and-feel, without presenting too much of a jarring change to long-term members.

So... the next question is, do we merge BTS back into ATS?

We've seen numerous complaints over the need to log-in separately when posting on BelowTopSecret.com (because of the two different domains), combined with a lot of comments from members that merging the two sites would be a good idea.

The change would be rather simple... all BTS forums would be available on the ATS Board Home, and the belowtopsecret.com domain would be phased-out.

Before we make such a drastic alteration for something like this that is part of our "ATS 2010" project, we'd like to hear what our members think.

So... what do you think?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I vote no.

I've had no problems being logged on to both ATS and BTS for more than three years. It can't be that hard?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ive been browsing this site on and off for a few years, and have to have both saved to my favorites, i know how everything works here, i think it would be a bad idea, but adding stars back into BTS, ive seen a lot of good posts on there that are "star worthy" that dont get credit due

[edit on 2/10/2010 by BringMeTheHorizon]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I also vote no, I think it would open the boards to too much garbage about Lady Gaga's performance the night before, or your favorite superbowl commercial. But thats just me.

-E-

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've never had a bit of difficulty with logging onto BTS. Voting no on merging the two.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Personally I would Vote No.

I think the way it is now is great and once you log into BTS then it really shouldn't be a problem from then on out as your compute should remember your password so you don’t have to log in every time.

Although I think you should maybe make it a bit clearer to the new members that they will need to sign in to BTS (if they want to access those threads) so you don't get those threads from members asking why they can't get in etc.

Just my 2 pennies

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I like bts the way it is.
I don't mind having to do an extra log in.
BTS is good the way it is in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I kind of like the way the two are separated. I don't mind having to log in for one or the other. It was never really an issue for me. Thanks for bringing it up though!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Another vote for NO, BTS is a fun escape for me, but it dumbs down ATS if merged. In current form it's quite easy to figure out how to log in/get to BTS.

Thanks for asking S.O.!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I also vote NO.

The two sites are totally different in their topics as well as their atmosphere.

Please don't ruin a good thing that many members enjoy.

Thank-you...

Just say NO to ATS/BTS marriage......keep things the way nature intended..

[edit on 2/10/2010 by tribewilder]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
BTS is like a refuge when "things go bad" for whatever reason on ATS. It's a little sanctuary, a chillout zone, if you will.

Please don't merge the two.

link   
Just make it so that once you are in ATS you are in BTS aswell no need to login then.
Simple really.

link   
I am all for it.
Often I enjoy some of the less intense fluff in there but am disuaded at the log in.

Some of the less popular boards could be culled down with broader topiics. It is like Automakers offering too many models.

EDIT TO ADD: As per normal, based on prior replies,I seldom go with the flow. " I'm a rebel, a loner." < Peewee Herman.

Thanks for the continued improvement and chance to chime in.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

link   
An option:

Drop BTS entirely, save over the 4 best Forums (one of them being a "general chit chat" place for all the rest of the stuff) and Mutter over to ATS.

link   
NO no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

We like BTS the way it is. We don't need all that riff raff in there mucking up the place.

Let them keep thinking BTS is oblivion and we can keep it nice and tranquil (for the most part) and friendly.

We like the little community that we have going. We like our mutter conversations we like the relaxed forum.

Don't Kill our BTS! PLEASE FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD AND DECENT IN THE UNIVERSE DON'T KILL OUR BTS!

[edit on 2/10/2010 by whatukno]

link   

Originally posted by BringMeTheHorizon
ive been browsing this site on and off for a few years, and have to have both saved to my favorites, i know how everything works here, i think it would be a bad idea, but adding stars back into BTS, ive seen a lot of good posts on there that are "star worthy" that dont get credit due

[edit on 2/10/2010 by BringMeTheHorizon]

Me too, been coming here for years now. Many good posts in BTS, and I for one hardly take the trouble to log in there just to read. I think a merger would be a good thing to do. ATS, like everything else in this crazy world, has to roll with the changes.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I guess I have not been a member of ATS long enough to realize that this was a problem for some members. I like both ATS and BTS very much but ever since I logged on to both back in 2008 i have never been requested to do so again...

So i don't see a necessity for the merger of the two but then again i never experienced any problems.

Peace

link   
Just the log-in system SO, especially just the log-in.
There's no need for a complete merge, perhaps you can just modify the recent post setting to add full BTS or something.
Although if you want to phase out the belowtopsecret.com domain, I'm okay with that. The key is the recent post button I guess. I don't want the entire BTS recent posts to pop up there. Mutter box is optional.

link   
I vote no as well.

BTS is for fun, and ats is for serious matters. I've recently seen a few threads that were duplicated from BTS onto ATS (infuriating) and some ATS threads that should have been in BTS to begin with. And merging the 2 would cause even more confusion.

It doesn't bother me that I have to log into BTS (it's the same info anyway), it serves as a little reminder that you are about to have a little light hearted fun, and not to take things too seriously. I like the current system.

link   
I don't see the big deal, I have a little program on my PC that saves the log in info and I don't have to put the infomation in unless I manually log out. Think it's fine the way it is.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Aquarius1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join