It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Petraeus’ address preempted by student protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Army regulation governing the use of the National Flag and Color [yellow fringe](AR 840-10, Flags, Guidons, Streamers, Tabards, and Automobile and Aircraft Plates) does have the force of military law, i.e. if Army personnel violate its provisions, they are liable for prosecution under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

because your not alowed force anyone to do somethng they dont want to do , has nothing to do with the military code , its your right as a human.

military code is just conduct

but there are laws of warfare which again is not the same as military code

the law is the law for everyone be you rich ,poor, at the other end of a sniperrifle or a senator , it applies to every one.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
No one has answered my question:

Short of a full-scale invasion of America, how does Islamic terrorism threaten our Constitution or our freedom?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

my answer would be , none or in no way

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

it doesn't, in fact we provoke hatred for americans by being there and attemping to "spread democracy" co-ercing it upon those nations and those people...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Well, ..... terrorism might just threaten your RIGHT TO LIVE.

although I don't think its a good enough excuse to go to war for.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
my next question is, did those students protest the ROTC program for the HOYA Battallion, at Georgetown University?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Beautiful. Thank you for posting!

To those of you who feel this man is a legitimate general for the people, I encourage you to look a little deeper in the crimes that Gen. Petraeus stands behind.

Bribery is one of the big ones!

S & F

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

This man, a decorated hero, has done nothing but his job. I'd like to see any of those snot nosed college kids living it up on Mom and dads life savings do anything even remotely close to what this man has achieved. I understand the mind set of a liberal idealist, I really do.

But getting out in the world, instead of hiding behind the confines of my computer screen, my eyes have been opened to the true nature of people in this world. Those kids who were whining like little babies, should go over to Afghan and see if they can last a week. Then let them stand in front of a honored war vet and see if they have the balls to act like immature little brats.

Freedom of speech... how do they think they obtained that right? They were lucky enough to be born in a place where we still have some liberties compared to the rest of the world.

We can sit here all day debating the reasons for our occupation of the middle east countries, but you know what? No matter what our reasons are for going there in the first place, we now have a strategic position to ensure our energy needs are met. People here moan and complain about $4 a gallon gas prices, when I was in Europe ten years ago, they were paying upwards of $ 8 a gallon and you dont hear them complaining!!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Alamo Ripper
what a bunch of idiots.. yelling at a man who served his country and continuous to do so.. those students are yelling at the wrong man maybe they should be yelling at obama for his war agenda..

....and maybe you should have stayed in school.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

Oh, crap! The last hundred years? Man, I thought I was fighting for freedom and democracy when I was in the military. I jest, now. Yeah, I thought I was doing good, at the time. I know now that it was all BS. I actually had a thought at the time I "came to the rescue of our friend, Kuwait" that I was doing an honorable thing.I actually believed that finally I was involved in a just war. Ha ha ha, on me. Kuwait? I had to find a map and see where exactly I was about to be sent to. Hah. Stupid me, well, ignorant me is more like it, and ignorant all the rest of us.
With all my "ATS knowledge" and the examples of what the hell has been going on since, well. WWII, which was considered a "just war", still, young men and women, and even old folks that should be at home, caring for their families, guiding them in the ways of love and peace, continue to go and die in an unholy series of wars.

This just plainly sucks. And it never ends.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

This man, a decorated hero, has done nothing but his job.

As Commanding General of the Multi-National Force - Iraq, Petraeus was the architect and leader of the June 2007 "surge" in Iraq.

In October 2008, he was appointed to head of command of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) which oversees the operations in the Middle East and Central Asia, including the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

He testified in Congress against the release of the torture photos. Demand the prosecution of this war criminal.

www.warcriminalswatch.org...

This 'decorated hero' has the blood of innocent people on HIS hands...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What a bunch of morons. That is a 4 star General. That man puts boot to ass all day long so you can have the luxury of being a whiny, inconsiderate child. You don't like the war? Go protest in front of the Capitol building or the White House. They're the ones that sent him there. That man is just doing his duty. Reminds me of imbeciles that spit on the troops coming back from Vietnam. What an embarrassment.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

This man should be on trial for treason and crimes against humanity.

Could you please enlighten us poor ignorant ones on what you perceive to be this mans transgressions during his service to his country.

But then again it is people like him serving his country that has helped preserve the right of those children to stand outside and protest.

It is not a privilege in all country's of the world.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Oneolddude]

You have NO RIGHTS. You will defend your government to your grave. Hey why don't you start a grassroots movement to get Mt. Dew/Pepsi Co elected for congress? I am sure you don't see a problem with that, judging by your underlying tendency to believe that propaganda is what America stands for, then you can help Pepsi preserve their 'right' to consume every aspect of our lives.

What would you do if someone burned the Constitution tomorrow? They burn it to ashes, and then Law and Order fall apart. It is a piece of paper that politicians believe is Carte Blanche to STEAL from everyone, create wars, and refuse to pay their bills, and people STILL think that a document written by SLAVE HOLDERS who had countless more freedoms than we ever had, will protect them.

Petraeus is a great, big, patsy that will do whatever his masters tell him to do, and when American citizens are accused of aiding terrorists, he will ensure that we are all gunned down. To fulfill his patriotic duty, of course.

Actually, this is just an illusion that plays on endlessly and once it ends, no one will be the wiser. There is no end, just somewhere else. You will never get to a better destination with your current attitude. Oh well, defend your slave masters, they do appreciate it, and if you steal enough money, you will never have to work a day in your life again. Unless they shoot you first.

HAHAHA!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow, another anti-American star and flag fest thread from the usual suspect.
Not surprised, just that this is the best the OP could come up with. A hero like this man is denegrated by a bunch of kids and you're giggly with glee, grow up. Little kids, wow, a whole 10 of them shouting at a man whose accomplishments they'll never meet.....typical liberal college b.s. I bet they would be the first to cheer if the university had a real hero like Imadinnerjacket come there.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I always find it kinda funny how some people will always rally around someone in a uniform, declaring the patriots and putting themselves in the firing line to keep the rest of us safe.
That would also hold true then for Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and a host of other military commanders.

The likes of Petreaus care not about the ordinary joe, but themselves and their politicized careers - hell, he'd probably make a run for prez, riding a white stallion and waving the stars and stripes, for the consumption of brainwashed idiots.

A uniform does NOT make one a good, ethical or moral person, and accepting orders no matter the outcome or consequence is not in any way patriotic or just, it is the act of a sociopathic drone.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

This WAR CRIMINAL puppet should be executed for treason and crimes against humanity.....

People are starting to wake up and recognize the real criminals are part of the 'military industrial congressional complex'....

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Instead of blaming this guy for doing his job. And blaming Obama who by the way inherited these 2 wars.
How about you put the blame squarely on the people responsible for sending us to war.

Congress

According to the constitution Only congress has the power to send us to war. You're blaming the wrong guys.
And you are putting the blame in the wrong place.
I'd rethink your position on this topic.

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by grey580]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This was very effective communication to the PTB that we are at our limit warwise. Enough...

So what that the communication disrespected the General. We citizens, have amost zero access to our Federal leadership. Have you had any access directly? None...except the mailman same as me.
Protesters today are the only moral majority...get real on who you think is honorable. That has 180 degree turned, dude.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Granite]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I seems there are a lot of tax paying Americans who feel this war is ill advised. It's a shame old dub'ya doesn't have to be accountable like Blair is having to be, instead he's making big bucks speaking at country festival days and having BB-Q.

No matter how you stack this up there is much resentment and opposition to America's occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not everyday a General comes on campus. Good for those students who stood up for the wise minority who would rather find more productive ways of dealing with oil rich nations and corporate agendas.

What good is a free country and freedom of speech if not for challenging representatives of the Industrial military engine? It's challenging hard difficult heated decisions that make it worth while. Just because a military defends a free country doesn't mean everything the military does is justified.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join