It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Israel Threating To Use Nuclear Weapons On Iran!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhines
Is this a covert threat ?

VIENNA -- A senior U.S. envoy says Iran is risking hundreds of thousands of lives by rejecting an offer meant to fuel reactor delivering medical isotopes for cancer treatment. Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

No, it's a reference to the fact that if these people don't get the treatment they could very well die. As for the issue itself, Iran has made so many offers and the U.S. has rejected them all. They can't win so they might as well not try.

As for this crap about the U.S. not being able to attack a nuclear power. Pffft, I don't put that kind of stupidity past them but here's the rub.

www.zerohedge.com...

So all you "America is invincible" people better take note: You aren't the only world power anymore. China is not going to allow the U.S. to cut them off from their number 2 supplier of oil. They don't even have to do anything militarily to shut this country down.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
reply to post by SLAYER69

Perhaps you are correct.

However I would say that the issue with N. Korea is more due to China than any piece of paper.

"Or Other involved Powers"

I left that tail in there.

I am in no way defending Iran; I do not enjoy the idea of another nuclear nation, particularly one that has an axe to grind. The potential for Iran to completely destabilize the region is massive, but it is not for the sake of the middle easterner's that anyone cares about stability. Western governments want stability to maintain the status quo that has benefitted us for so long.

" Potentially Blackmail other countries or bottleneck the strait"

The existing nuclear powers have arrogantly set up the situation that we are now seeing unfold. Both India and Pakistan highlighted this when they conducted their own nuclear tests years ago:

No one takes you seriously unless you are a nuclear nation.

The US and Western powers accepted that situation because in anchored the region just south of two potential dangers to the US and Western interests in the region from the former USSR and the Peoples Republic of China.

Edit to Add: It's interesting that you brought up Pakistan [Islamic and Nuclear Armed] country that the US, West or even Israel have no issues with over being a nuclear power.

Keeping Iran out of the nuclear club is a good idea, yes, but only because the west may be forced into accountability over our actions in that region: Actions that in some cases may stretch back centuries. We in the west have short memories, this is not the case over there. We may have chosen to forget history, but they have not.

It does my heart some good to know others are well aware of the history and how the present situation is related to much older issues.
Enjoy.
The New Great Game
AND
Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

This entire ordeal can be summed up by three words:
Payback's a bitch, not Maintain regional stability

Concerning the US attacking Iran, I stand by the statement that the US will not attack a nuclear nation. With or without a bomb, if the US does deploy forces in Iran it will likely be to finish something that Israel has started. The US is already fighting two unpopular wars, without a false flag or treaty obligation they cannot force the American public to accept a third.

The US wouldn't bother invading Iran. They would just start pounding everything in sight from the air. [I'm not Advocating an Attack] WAR? No war, just a complete overwhelming response. Just giving a very real possible response to a hypothetical scenario.

Personally I think Israel should shut up and sit down while the Grownups [The US, China, Russia and the EU] talk business.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Personally I think Israel should shut up and sit down while the Grownups [The US, China Russia and the EU] talk business.

From your keyboard to some Sane people's ears.

This whole situation needs a Cool Down period.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

He was quoting the Ayatolla:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad"

im not clued up much in Farsi but there's no where in there thats says Israel itself should be wiped off the face of the map..

yes it does mention regime...but isnt that something else?

Could it be that the IRNA misquoted/mistranslated?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If someone thinks that Iran will have nuke anytime soon (I mean years) then he is perfect example of brainwashed sheep. This people are fuel for West Governments agenda.

It´s the same story as Saddam's WMD.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Zmurfix]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

No, you can ask your local nuclear physicist, if Iran have the capability of 20% enrichment it is only months away from 90% which makes enough for a nuclear weapon (warhead). It takes even less centrifuges going from 20 to 90 than i takes going from 3.5 to 20 as is the case now. Iran have upped the amount of centrifuges lately which you can read about in IAEA reports.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhines
reply to post by Zmurfix

No, you can ask your local nuclear physicist, if Iran have the capability of 20% enrichment it is only months away from 90% which makes enough for a nuclear weapon (warhead). It takes even less centrifuges going from 20 to 90 than i takes going from 3.5 to 20 as is the case now. Iran have upped the amount of centrifuges lately which you can read about in IAEA reports.

See there's the problem. "They" announced that they "will" go to 20%
Do you think that "PressTV" would have released a story that Tehran ok'd and have already gone to 90% months ago in secret?

The problem is that nobody really knows.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, so i don't know if anyone brought this up.
But i think it's funny the way Israel, U.S. and the western countries reacts when a country like Iran it's on it's way to build nuclear weapons.

I'm not defending Iran, NK or any country at all. And i'm totalley against nuclear weapons, or any kind of weapon. I just think that the western leaders are quick to forget the evil deeds that they have done in the past.

Wich country was the only country that has ever made an nuclear attack against civilians in all history? I think you all know the answer to that.

I really wish that this talks about military intervention are just, you know, talks. I don't wanna see more wars again only to satisfy the leaders around the world and give them more money, while the population suffers with more misery.

[edit on 10/2/10 by Canslli]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
If someone thinks that Iran will have nuke anytime soon (I mean years) then he is perfect example of brainwashed sheep. This people are fuel for West Governments agenda.

It´s the same story as Saddam's WMD.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Zmurfix]

They dont actually need to "develop" a nuke... they just need to buy them. And Russia has a stockpile of them from the cold war plus all the ones "lost"... I mean its all about the means to acquire one.

What I personally think its not a bad idea at all... since israel has some also and nobody condones them because they're for "defensive purposes".

And if indeed israel was wiped off the face of the earth, maybe the planet would be a better place without one of the greatest if not THE greatest threat to world peace. All Israel does is provoke, the constant disproportionate and incorrect means of their military actions and their total disregard for human life and their way of thinking they're better than anyone else - if they're God's chosen people what greatest honor would there be for them to be the first ones to go meet Him?

We're coming to an age where the world isnt big enough for israel and its neighbors anymore (if it ever was), and one of the sides has to "disappear". Israel more and more shows itself has the cause and root of all wars and hate around those parts and like I said it IS a threat to world peace... something has to be done - the US should cut their funds and let israel solve their problems alone if they want to. The reason why it hasnt been resolved already is because they have US backing them, their enemies know that and themselves know that and thats why they do everything they want. If the US stopped backing them up their neighbors would have already taken care of eliminating Israel.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canslli
Wich country was the only country that has ever made an nuclear attack against civilians in all history? I think you all know the answer to that.

Exactly....

Not once but twice.
Remember your history!

For those who think the US wouldn't attack Iran if they developed the bomb are horribly and sadly mistaken.

Iran is not North Korea, Pakistan or India.

This message was NOT paid for by the JDL

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I see the propaganda machine is in full flow, they've got a major training exercises going on with the big finale towards the end of march. I think its all about the 322.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If Iran supplied a bomb to Hamas, and they detonated it in Tel Aviv, none of you delusionals would believe it anyway. It would take about 5 seconds for some fruit cake to post on here that it was a false flag exercise, and the bomb was obviously planted by Israel to make the Muslims look bad, with a large side order of american involvement.

The only agenda at play here is the continued and limitless attempt to demonize Israel at every opportunity, as if doing so will somehow make the entire country and millions of Jews just disappear.

I never saw a single post on here about how Israel had the first fully functioning field hospital set up in Haiti following the earthquake, but someone did certainly take the time to post that the REAL reason they were there was to steal more organs for willing Jewish customers around the world.

This site has become ground zero for anti-semitism, an almost fanatical hatred of Israel that I find difficult to rationalize. Sure, they have perpetrated some questionable acts in their attempts to survive as a nation - but who hasn't?

I personally am ambivalent towards that nation, I have no strong feelings one way or the other, but the open hatred I see here and the implied approval of it really defines ATS, which is not the type of label any credible website should strive for.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

The only agenda at play here is the continued and limitless attempt to demonize Israel at every opportunity, as if doing so will somehow make the entire country and millions of Jews just disappear.

Ask yourself why Israel , and not.. Ireland, or Sweden.

And don't pull out the Anti-semite card ..... again.

Israel makes their bed.

The reason it seems a lot of people on ATS are against Israel is that with

just a little scratching below the MSM B.S. you can see what israel is about.

Israel, screw the world , Israel.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

don't get caught up in the politics dude, Jewish people are ok, Israel is ok, what isn't ok is the small group of people that are using Israel and hiding behind the jewish people to further their agenda, ie, the rothschilds want to build their temple on the mount and have it for themselves, its why they funded 80% of Israel, it's why there is the star on the Israely flag!

Its all one big game designed to distract us! achmed dinajacket is on the same side as bush, clintons, rothschilds etc...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If Iran supplied a bomb to Hamas, and they detonated it in Tel Aviv, none of you delusionals would believe it anyway. It would take about 5 seconds for some fruit cake to post on here that it was a false flag exercise, and the bomb was obviously planted by Israel to make the Muslims look bad, with a large side order of american involvement.

I never saw a single post on here about how Israel had the first fully functioning field hospital set up in Haiti following the earthquake, but someone did certainly take the time to post that the REAL reason they were there was to steal more organs for willing Jewish customers around the world.

This site has become ground zero for anti-semitism, an almost fanatical hatred of Israel that I find difficult to rationalize. Sure, they have perpetrated some questionable acts in their attempts to survive as a nation - but who hasn't?

I personally am ambivalent towards that nation, I have no strong feelings one way or the other, but the open hatred I see here and the implied approval of it really defines ATS, which is not the type of label any credible website should strive for.

First of all, Iran has signed the NNPT and has UN inspectors watching over them while Israel hasnt so we cant enforce something on them while turning a blind eye to Israel because that is a double standard and its wrong and in doing so would appear to make it look like were an ally of Israel when Israel is not our ally, its a pit for American tax dollars and has been caught dozens of times of spying on our military and NUCLEAR industry and hiring or bribing agents to carry out such duties. The only reason our government considers Israel an ally is because our congress among other things has become an open door to Jewish influence and pressure along with many more Jews getting their feet into our congress to push their interests and agendas. Also, Iran has not been proven nor has any good solid evidence of their plans to make nuclear weapons ever come up, in fact the opposite has been stated by various intelligence agenices around the world over the last few years. The only case Israel has to offer for its rhetoric and behavior is the imaginative paranoid fanatasy known as the 'omg what ifs'. That and Israel wants to stay as the top technological state in the area. Also you stated this

'This site has become ground zero for anti-semitism, an almost fanatical hatred of Israel that I find difficult to rationalize.'

I don't see any anti-semitism, I see people against Zionism in America, while others are against it everywhere, so you can't paint the picture as in 'an almost fanatical hatred'..
and I do agree with you on your inability to rationalize.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Oh excuse my bleeding heart but tell me who are more peaceful...the American people or our government?

Did the American people invade Iraq on bogus charges or was it the government who pushed the case with lies and distortions?

I know quite a few Iranian people and they are all fine people...don't confuse a governments actions with its people.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I agree totally. I see this very thread as yet another attempted slam at Israel. An Israeli interviewee states the use of nuclear weapons has not been ruled out. So where exactly is the story? What other response would any nuclear capable country make. The raison d'etre of having nukes is to be able to use them when and if a situation arises where they are needed. No one has said they want to bomb Iran.

So far the scorecard for nuclear attacks is positive. The US used them in 1945 to hasten the end of the war with Japan, implicitly sparing further death and destruction.

The US, Britain, Russia, France, China, India, Israel, Pakistan, North Korea, maybe others have nuclear capability. In 65 years no one has used them.

Is everyone confident the current Ayatollah and Revolutionary Guard regime is prepared to be so restrained? Who else made weekly progress reports while making aggressive threats?

People don't object to the Iranian nation having nuclear potential so much as a demonstrably unreliable and hostile regime like the current one with their itchy finger on the trigger.

The Saudis are the most fearful knowing the Israeli issue acts as a deflection for the confrontation building between the two adversarial powers of the region.

Iran's surrogate Syria is looking more and more like the flashpoint.
Notably Syria was caught out with an Iranian financed nuclear plant being set up with the help of North Korea.

M

[edit on 10-2-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

No hypocrisy here at all...
People who are generally responsible, get to have weapons
People who are criminals, aggressive, irresponsible don't get to have weapons .

The good guys use their weapons to eliminate the bad guys, and Iran has shown in multiple ways they are bad, so now it is wacking time, just hope a full and complete wacking is unleashed.

Sorry, how's that go again? By that logic why exactly does say Pakistan have them? Or idk say the U.S.A.? We may have at one time been the quasi-good guys but this is no longer true, or idk Russia? China? are these to be considered the "good guys"? If I'm not mistaken the U.S.A. has been found guilty of 11 counts of state sponsored terrorism so to me it just seems like its those with the control of the money who gets to decide who owns nukes. And we all know who the people with the money are...Israel. Personally not a racist but I do believe the best thing that can be done to stabilize the middle east is return Palestine to the Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
finally some movement in this game.

we all know its going to happen, be it now or a few years later but we know it can't be stopped so let it be let it come and go with the flow.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Israel wouldn't dare use a nuclear weapon against Iran, period. They would be absolutely dominated by the rest of the world, including the United States.

Iran wouldn't use a nuclear weapon (assuming they have/will have them), because it would have no benefit. They bomb Israel and kill just as many Palestinians as Jews. Plus, if they did, it would mean the end of Iran.

Iran, most likely, wants nuclear arms to deter any sort of western involvement and/or invasion in the future. It wants to preserve it's sovereignty. Do you think the US would have invaded Iraq or Afghanistan if they had nuclear capability? I doubt it, I doubt it very much.

EDIT: I don't believe Iran should engineer nuclear weaponry. The less nukes the better. But, I do have an understanding as to why they would want them, as should you all.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by ProUSA]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join