It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Israel Threating To Use Nuclear Weapons On Iran!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

I trust the Iranian government more than the Israeli government.

This has got to be one the dumbest things I have ever heard someone say...just incredible.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

Iran wouldn't use a nuclear weapon (assuming they have/will have them), because it would have no benefit. They bomb Israel and kill just as many Palestinians as Jews. Plus, if they did, it would mean the end of Iran.

See, this statement would be true and I would not argue it if we were talking about a country/dictator that had their head's screwed on straight. The reason no one "pressed the button" during the bay of pigs debacle is because both the U.S. and the Russian leaders knew and UNDERSTOOD the consequences of nuclear war with each other. IF the people running a nation have the mind frame that their ACTIONS are for their god and they are just executing his will, all that LOGIC goes right out the window. Now I understand that not everyone will understand this, but luckily this is something that our leaders actually do understand and will hopefully respond properly when the time comes down to it. I also believe that the United States will not act until the very last possible moment.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

If you learn the history of Iran and it's leadership, you'll actually come to realize that Iran itself is a pretty stable nation. They need social reform, yes. Luckily, a significant portion of the population is for more civil rights, freedoms, etc... Though, Iran can't focus on things like this, when it is under constant scrutiny from the Western world. It's comparable to taking a written test while people are throwing paper airplanes at you.

Bottom line is, President Ahmadinejad isn't stupid. He knows what 'Mutually Assured Destruction' is, and he wouldn't use nuclear arms for aggression.

It is my firm belief that if Iran acquires nuclear weaponry, they will never use it. It's there to maintain their sovereignty.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It does not make me Hitler it makes me a realists. The fact of the matter is that the part of the world Israel lives in is filled with irrational racists. They are not ashamed of it, and are quite proud of it. One has to go.

That region is in some disillusioned state that they think they can return the ottoman empire to some imaginary dominance. They refuse to adapt to the rest of the world. It can be Israel or America, they will find something to blame for their irrational hatred for life. It is a clash of civilizations, one from 600 AD and one from 2010. I am not a racists I would prefer for the middle east to just "chill" out and persue some sort of happiness. But that is not reality. They will never stop until they are dominated. Thats how you stop a sick culture from infecting everyone around them. We annihalated Germany, and crushed fascism with extreme violence, thats all that agressors respect. We killed many German civillians, did that make America like Hitler? NO

It meant he was a psychopath, it meant the idea of fascism was psychotic. And that was the amount of violence needed to crush that idiotic idea. We have the same situation in the middle east. They will not stop until they persue whatever psychotic goal they are trying to attain. And apparantly invading two countries is not enough, so naturally it will elevate. Thats the way the world works, I just wish they would get it over with so everyone can move on and not have to worry about underpants bombers.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
First off, I'm glad to see such an overwhelming negative response to the typical Zionist claptrap that spews out of their mouths every month. This is indeed encouraging for the human race. The more people who wake up and see the wolf in sheep's clothing the better off this planet will be.

Second. Calm down everyone. Even the crazy Zionists know that an attack on Iran will mean a 1 way air/boat lift to the USA once the retaliation of the affected allies runs its course, i.e. Iran, Russia, China goes full throttle.

I see Slayer69 once again bragging that the USA will bomb Iran into submission.... Rest assured this is all patriotic clap trap too. He is right that the USA will only be able to use planes in the conflict though as it has no possible capacity to fully mobilize for an all out war right now (Russia and China still enjoy a draft as we speak). In other words the USA could not enact and train a full blown draft which is what would be needed to attempt to hold on to its middle eastern assets (Iraq, Afghanistan, perhaps Saudi Arabia) should they decide to support Israel in a unprovoked attack on Iran.

Now, as to how an aerial bombardment is concerned, let me remind people that at least the Russians have a very well trained, equipped, and capable air defense response force that they will be fielding as they pour into Iran to defend it as the USA found out in Vietnam by a proxy army (i.e. the Russian equipped North Vietnamese). Why people stubbornly refuse to learn from what a rag tag army with just a modicum of top notch equipment was able to do to the US Army/Airforce is beyond me but don't be fooled by their saber rattling because the higher ups in the US military will be remembering the effectiveness of Russian anti-air weaponry even if certain members here at ATS have forgotten or are refusing to see it.

Some here have pointed out that the Iranian army is a tough customer in its own right and I tend to agree with this. If Iran is attacked than that fascist Bush family can watch all of their oil wells in Iraq/Kuwait become neutralized in short order by the Iranian army which will be enjoying Russian air support.

You might even see the Iraqi government do an about face and turn on their US puppet masters being that the time would indeed be right to attempt a permanent and full expulsion. I can't imagine too many Iraqis who would quibble with that maneuver being that the US has murdered so many of their brothers and sisters at this point to begin with. Imagine the US forces trying to build defensive works facing east when a truly inspired insurrection develops again to poke them in the ass every time they turn their flanks to them. The German army of WW2 can tell you all about the difficulties of such a scenario as they faced a disciplined Russian army who enjoyed the assistance of partisans who continually sabotaged supply efforts. No army wants to find itself in that situation ever.

You would also see a reinspired Taliban begin taking on the USA in more and more daring operations (Tying down Obama's surge forces) as if they aren't holding their own against the US as we speak.

And I haven't even touched on the Palestinian/Lebanese opportunities that would materialize should the Zionists finally decide to go hostile against Iran. Wouldn't that be a pity if the Zionist jets had to leave the US jets flying over Iran by their lonesomes (which would probably happen anyway) in order to go back and do their time honored indiscriminate cluster/white phosphorous bombings in their own backyards once again? And we all learned that the Lebanese are armed to the teeth right now just looking for another excuse to kill more Zionists as they haven't forgotten the Israeli occupation of the southern half of their country for one minute of the day and are still very eager to settle the score every chance they get. You gotta love those Lebanese. They're like hornets and they are not afraid if it is a bear that has ruined their nest should it be time to sally out and sting it if only to ruin its day if no other result can be gained.

But I'll admit, it would be kinda cute to watch the USA/Israeli alliance get its ass handed to it for a change. I live in the USA, so that doesn't mean by default that I'm an idiot or should leave if I disagree with the politics of my country. I'm a realist and I hold out hope that the voices of dissent gain more and more traction against the dogs of war.

What wouldn't be cute though is to watch energy prices go into the stratosphere (and thereby topple the world economy) just because the Zionists can't accept a healthy dose of parity in their neighborhood for once.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Did anyone even notice the hypocrisy there?

Israel will use 'tactical nuclear warheads' against Iran... But, "NO IRAN! YOU CAN'T HAVE THE SAME DETERRENT TOYS AS US! NAUGHTY YOU!"

Yet they just blabber on as if thats the way its meant to be.

I'm curious here. You apparently think it is a good idea for Iran to have nuclear weapons. Why?

I'm opposed to any more countries joining the nuclear club. There are too many now. Where am I wrong and why?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ok, that's it, gonna run right out now and buy " Rosetta Stone " and try to learn Farsi, Mandarin Chinese, and Arabic by tommorow Feb. 11th 2010 Never can be too careful

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Israel will use 'tactical nuclear warheads' against Iran... But, "NO IRAN! YOU CAN'T HAVE THE SAME DETERRENT TOYS AS US! NAUGHTY YOU!"

I'm curious here. You apparently think it is a good idea for Iran to have nuclear weapons. Why?

I'm opposed to any more countries joining the nuclear club. There are too many now. Where am I wrong and why?

It is a good idea for Iran to have nuclear weapons because there is the bully "ISRAEL" that is:
- committing war crimes in the neighborhood every now and then..
- wants to deny Iran and other countries the right to nuclear energy.
- wants to keep their nuclear stacked and their chemical weapons fresh.
- etc. etc..

So, you are "opposed to more countries joining the nuclear club" ?!
It is a club now? A fraternity?

Where you are wrong is that you think the "nuclear club" has too many members.. Well, ALL these members INCLUDING AMERICA AND ISRAEL should disarm themselves of ALL nuclear and chemical weapons before they try to force others to do so.

There should not be a single country having nuclear weapons, otherwise all countries should have them to protect themselves.

In the end, America, Israel, N. Korea, India, China and others having nuclear weapons and refusing to destroy them AUTOMATICALLY gives all other countries THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT to have and produce nuclear weapons.

One more point, to all those who want to believe that America wants to prevent Iran from producing nuclear weapons because they are "Bad Guys".. I see America POWERLESS against N. Korea, I see America POWERLESS against China, I see America POWERLESS against Russia..

The only reason this country wants to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons is because ISRAEL WANTS TO ATTACK IRAN SOONER OR LATER.

That's what the deal is!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AlKashif

I'm sorry but it's my opinion you are living in a fantasy world. Unstable governments possessing such weapons is insanity at best. Iran has no need of them. If they were not pursuing them, they would not even be in the news. They would pose no threat. They would just be another country in that region ruled by fanatics that are no problem as long as they stay inside their own borders.

So, you seem to be a full on supporter of the Iranian government? Why do you think fanatical religious rule of any country is a good thing? Do you approve of the limitation of free speech, the free press and how they have been slaughtering people for protesting against fake elections? If so why?

What is it about freedom that bothers you?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Kinda interesting that we have a shuttle up there right now.... just a thought, probably not connected

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Israel is literally a country full of racists. Not only have they subjected the Palestinians to their version of apartheid, but Israeli Arabs are kept segregated from Israeli Jews as well. Arabs can't live in Jewish communities. Arabs aren't even allowed to drive on some Israeli roads. If any other country did was Israel is doing we'd have a trade embargo against them. Instead we give them billions in foreign aid. It's unfrickin' believable...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by AlKashif

I'm sorry but it's my opinion you are living in a fantasy world. Unstable governments possessing such weapons is insanity at best.

Why is the Iranian goverment unstable?

Iran has no need of them. If they were not pursuing them, they would not even be in the news. They would pose no threat. They would just be another country in that region ruled by fanatics that are no problem as long as they stay inside their own borders.

These apparent weapons are justt a distraction to the real show, Isreal wants to be the middle east super power and the fact Iran has more support without threatening neighbours just hits Isreal where it hurts.

So, you seem to be a full on supporter of the Iranian government? Why do you think fanatical religious rule of any country is a good thing? Do you approve of the limitation of free speech, the free press and how they have been slaughtering people for protesting against fake elections? If so why?

What is it about freedom that bothers you?

You live with the illusion of free speach because you can vote for your favorite Idol, you have no freedoms left except the ones the goverments have left you with, they will keep taking them as you swim in circles while the water slowly boils.

This has nothing to do with nukes, nukes is just a great distraction because people know so little about them and are scared to death of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Zechariah 12:2-4 (King James Version)

Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

It would be wise to leave Israel alone. The upcoming events have been spoken about 2000+ years ago. But I suppose in order to fulfill the prophecy, most people will have to deny the authority of the scriptures so... do not be surprised when Israel is still standing despite all of the opposition.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Bah! I'm sick of all this jibber-jabber. I say Let Iran have one nuke, if it uses it then wipe the floor clean with them. That way we don't have to waste our time fearing the worst.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by Sean48

Uh....your wrong....here is where he said it...

"Iran's conservative new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Wednesdaythat Israel must be "wiped off the map" and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA press agency reported."

www.nytimes.com...

Wow, you really know your Persian don't you? Since you would be so ignorant as to post a translation from the New York Times
, then I'll quote myself from earlier in this thread.

This is one of the greatest farces spat out by Western media. Ahmadinejad said NO such thing.

This is what Ahmadinjead said:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

See that word rezhim-e? It means regime. He never referred to Israel as a nation, but their political regime.

The Persian word for map is nagsheh, it was not used by Ahamdinejad at all. So instead of accusing this man of saying something ('wiping Israel off the map') he obviously did not say, you should do the research for yourself. In realizing the reality of this lie, hopefully it makes you question the propaganda system in place which is being used to demonize Iran.

Deny Ignorance.

'Israel should get wiped of the face of the map'... HE SAID NO SUCH THING.

Next time get an alternative viewpoint on a translation, one that doesn't come from the places whose sole intention is to paint Iran as a bad image.

reply to post by Blaine91555

No. I am against nuclear weapons all together, I don't think any country should be in possession of them, but that is not the world we live in. If Israel has nuclear weapons then you can't honestly blame Iran for wanting them as well. It's simple Cold War deterrent politics, 'we can't kill each other if we're equally powerful', 'mutually assured destruction' if you will.

[edit on 10/2/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Few points to throw into the mix:
- There are still demonstrations from the opposition around the Iranian election. This is worrying as the Iranian president is goading the rest of the world, to make himself look big in his own country. This is a classic stance that all unpopular leaders do - divert your unpopularity by building up an even worse enemy.
- US have a "pretty good" record (if you call killing people and destroying machines good) when it comes to an air campaign. Whether Kosova or Iraq (1 or 2), they can destroy the targets pretty well. looking at the above point, how will the people of Tehran react when they are without any sort of power for a few weeks. Who will they turn on?
- If Iran went into turmoil, then where would all the oil come from - Russia. I think that Russia has mixed blessings about this, and will probably get deals for not coming into the war. Interestingly they cancelled a big order from tehran for their latest anti-air missiles. Russia does not have the same attachments with Iram as say the former Yugoslavia republic

Just my thoughts

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think the difference is that on a normal day to day basis Israel wouldn't use nuclear weapons on anyone nor would any other nuclear power.
Iran, however, has said that Israel should be wiped from the face of the earth.

That's why Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nukes. They should be more carefull how they say things. I've never heard of any of the other nuke nation actually saying something so stupid.

Iran and Israel should be trying to resolve their differences without making unhelpful remarks.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyfive
reply to post by murfdog

Sean you are a smart man! Iran is not going to use the technology for peaceful purposes! They want to dominate the region and secure themselves as a world power! They are intent on developing technology to be on par with the U.S., Russia and China. I say let them glow green for a few hundred years! The leadership is out of control! Nothing more than a thug that is worse that Sadam! look into that!

Every country had there dictators Germany had Hitler USSR had Stalin french had napoleon England had there monarchs and USA had Bush.....Sorry i couldn't resist bush wasn't a dictator but boy he made some doosies and uh... "johnnyfive" did i hear right on the news that one of your own power plants blew sky-high....yeah so glass houses come to mind mate as well as pots and kettles. So...Yeah troll harder and PLEASE be respectfull you troll. c whut i did thar :3

[edit on 10-2-2010 by rationaluser]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Yet they just blabber on as if that's the way it's meant to be.

According to their holiest of holy books, the Talmud, that IS the way it's meant to be.

"This country exists as the fulfillment of a promise made by God Himself. It would be ridiculous to ask it to account for its legitimacy." - Golda Meir, Le Monde, 15 October 1971

It's important to note the "God" she refers to is NOT the God that the majority of Christians revere. Unlike Christians who await the second coming of Christ, the jews await the first coming of their "god". Shouldn't be too hard for most to figure out who that is.

Never forget they are the "Chosen Ones"!

Only the "Chosen Ones" could reap billions of dollars in reparations from Germany for an alleged "Holocaust".

Only the "Chosen Ones" could collect billions of dollars in "loans" from the US that will NEVER be repaid.

Only the "Chosen Ones" could use those funds to keep other groups of people, including the Palestinians, the Iraqis, and soon to be many other countries, under totalitarian control and in abject poverty.

Only the "Chosen Ones" could demand that a governance of a state be dominated by an ethnic group. (analogy: KKK demanding an "all white" Alabama)

Only the "Chosen Ones" could force food processors and consumers to accept a rabbi's blessing and a resultant kosher tax on much of what they purchase. (K,U or Parve symbol)

Only the "Chosen Ones" could breach International Law with regularity and not be held accountable. (i.e: United Nations Security Council Resolution 242)

Only the "Chosen Ones" could bar a British MP from entering a country to give a peace talk on the Israeli/Palestine conflict. (video.google.com...#)

Only the "Chosen Ones" could pass laws that punish people for investigating history or opposing their dogma. (www.ihr.org...)

Only the "Chosen Ones" could profess hatred and teach it in schools while other races are taught to feel guilt and to "never forget". (www.monabaker.com...)

“Believe me, America accepts all our decisions. The Obama administration will put forth new peace initiatives only if Israel wants it to.” – Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman [quoted in Haaretz]

Stop supporting Israeli Apartheid! Don't make yourself an accomplice of these murderers.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukredstar

Did anyone even notice the hypocrisy there? Israel will use 'tactical nuclear warheads' against Iran... But, "NO IRAN! YOU CAN'T HAVE THE SAME DETERRENT TOYS AS US! NAUGHTY YOU!"

I think the difference is that on a normal day to day basis Israel wouldn't use nuclear weapons on anyone nor would any other nuclear power.

If that's the case, it's evident then that Israel doesn't operate on a NORMAL day to day basis.

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join