It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

I agree. I barely think of her until I see a post on ATS about her. I don't know why I keep replying to them except I want that mystery solved.

The mystery to me is "Why do some people like Palin?"

You have to agree she is hot lol, she hypnotize me, even the way she talks ...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by elaine

I agree. I barely think of her until I see a post on ATS about her. I don't know why I keep replying to them except I want that mystery solved.

The mystery to me is "Why do some people like Palin?"

You have to agree she is hot lol, she hypnotize me, even the way she talks ...

Well being "hot" does not make a good political leader. I need more than that!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I think it has a lot to do with her communicating on the level of a common person and not with the lawyerly (is that a word?), silver-tongued, elitist tone and cadenced speech of what people are used to hearing from their politician. I think that causes confusion and, somewhat, fear in people who don't really like things to change.

reply to post by whatukno

That, sir, is a simple and straight forward answer, which I can respect. I have liked Palin for her views and her appearance of being a pretty down to earth person, however, you give me pause in looking to her as someone in whom to put too much credibility as a potential leader of our country.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think people don't like her for the same reason some don't like Obama, they are extremes of differing viewpoints. Anytime someone states an absolute viewpoint, they alienate those that don't share that viewpoint. She makes no bones about what she believes in:
-pro-life
-pro-gun/2nd Ammendment
-for small govt
-strong nat'l defense
-lower taxes
-cut govt spending/balanced budget
-cut welfare/entitlments
-pro-family/Judeo-Christain ethics

Some say she's an idiot...well, the experts and educated elites of Harvard and Yale have done a grand damn job of messing things up, why not let the common people give it a try. She's dumb... when was the last time you made $100,000 per speech or merchandised yourself into a hot commodity? Sounds pretty smart to me.
She talks like my next door neighbor, and portrays herself as someone you might meet at the grocery store... I think that's great. Let's see...great people/influential persons that spoke in simple folk terms and were portrayed as "backwood hicks"... Abe Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, Davey Crockett, Nathan B. Forrest, Harry S. Truman, Daniel Boone, Andy Griffith, Bill Monroe, Jerry Clower, "Slim" Pickens, Francis Marion, Tex Ritter, Samuel Clemmons, "Vinegar" Joe Stillwell, Sgt. Alvin York, Audie Murphy, Pres. Johnson, and the list goes on.
I believe that is what makes her so popular and famous/infamous... she wouldn't stand out at a church social or library or walmart. That is the reason many look down on her, and why so many look up to her.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
She is a Threat and The left are scared of her, and they should be. I'm sick of hearing about how corrupt and stupid she is. and how great Nancy Lugosi is from AP. I really don't understand how anybody is Happy with this current administration. seriously how are Obama's approval numbers still so high? or is it like the unemployment number, totally fabricated. This administration is tanking this country on purpose and the person MSNBC is attacking is Palin.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

And that seems to be her main selling point.

Reminds me of back in '88 when my mom said she voted for Bush because she thought Dukakais's eyebrows looked strange.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

Well being "hot" does not make a good political leader. I need more than that!

Her beauty mixed with her ability to talk would get any man, lesbian and trisexuls hypnotized. Plus she is in a party which a lot of people blindly believe in. Mix that in to the equation.

How does that explanation sounds, cause really I'm trying to figure it out too

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

But I do not nor would I support her bid for the presidency.

As for attributes:
She is able to continue doing whatever it is she is doing despite her detractors using the most superficial of material.
She does seems to speak her honest opinion which is rather refreshing compared to 1000 points of light, in my (never explained) plan..., hope and change (just as undefined), with us or against us/mission accomplished.
She can captivate a crowd and appeal to the common person. People tend to believe that she can relate to them which is also refreshing.

I question as to if she can hear the people she represents, reason a course of action and be able to accomplish a way of getting it done. State politics as a governor are far different than the federal level. I think she might actually try to do just that though.

However, most gatherings in which she speaks is in front of those that want to hear her. Not sure how she would handle a mixed crowd. The fact that she opposed McCain on policy also says some very nice things. She realizes that things in DC are not right. A sort of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington in her, to a degree.

I do think that if she had some more time in the national arena that she might be able to handle the VP position under a strong president that is not in danger of dying in office, although VP's have made some notoriously poor presidents. Andrew Johnson, Nixon and LBJ to name a few off the top of my head.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
People hate her because she is an attractive Republican.

If she was an unattractive Democrat (Hillary) we wouldn't see thread after thread about why she is stupid or bitch about her making some cash.

Thats the reason they don't like her. They are shallow thinking people who like to make fun of her and then give each other jumping high fives.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why do I hate her?

Reminds me of a religious soccer mom (very closed minded in beliefs IMO).

I remember one time she was having an interview or on a show (forgot exactly what), but out of NOWHERE, and I mean it was completely off topic, she chimed in "I think this is a perfect opportunity to show our love and support for our troops overseas, bla bla bla".

It felt to me like such a kiss *** political statement that from there I knew she was nothing more than any other politician we all hate. Oh, and the whole buy expensive clothes with tax dollar money.

Not to mention the "right loves her" and the "left hates her". She is WAY to politically correct.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I personally hate her because even though she may not be stupid, she acts stupid and created a following full of ignorance. She's two faced on top of that.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
She is a Threat and The left are scared of her, and they should be. I'm sick of hearing about how corrupt and stupid she is. and how great Nancy Lugosi is from AP. I really don't understand how anybody is Happy with this current administration. seriously how are Obama's approval numbers still so high? or is it like the unemployment number, totally fabricated. This administration is tanking this country on purpose and the person MSNBC is attacking is Palin.

They hate Sarah Palin because she speaks the truth.
The truth hurts.
Some are afraid to even listen to her Tea Party speech.
A GOP tidal wave is heading towards Washington D.C. and
Sarah Palin is leading the way.
We will wash most of the Neolibs out to sea November 2010.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Man I would love to get Palin in the bedroom.

Hot mature politician, yeah she would really go off in the sack

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
She scares people that is why people dislike her so much. She represents much of what we are fighting against. Corporations running the world; religious ideology running politics; racism and ignorance running society. And she can't put together a logical, comprehensible sentence. Its embarrassing to have her represent America in any form.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I do think that if she had some more time in the national arena that she might be able to handle the VP

Good god I could do better then Biden.
Have you seen him lately?

[edit on 102828p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf
She scares people that is why people dislike her so much. She represents much of what we are fighting against. Corporations running the world; religious ideology running politics; racism and ignorance running society. And she can't put together a logical, comprehensible sentence. Its embarrassing to have her represent America in any form.

You talking about Palin?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow, lots of hate in this thread. Interesting.

Palin is despised because she speaks the blunt truth.

A lot of independents and conservatives are utterly appalled at the current security and economic policies of the current Administration. There are a lot of unhappy, angry, and disenchanted taxpayers, and she is the only politician that seems to be talking to their concerns. These independents are angry at the Republicans for running up the deficit to these unmanageable levels, and they are angry at the Democrats for making things even worse from an economic and a national security perspective.

Truth-tellers are always hated and despised. While she might not be a Harvard Ph.D., she has an uncanny ability to speak candidly and critically while portraying herself as an average American. She has a lot of charisma, and a loyal following. She will be a force to be reckoned with come election time.

I listed carefully to her presentation on C-Span today at the Tea Party conference in Nashville. She's very crafty, and her public speaking skills are improving. She's much more confident and brash than she was in the election. I don't see her backing down, and she has a couple more years of building momentum prior to the election.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Usually the only people that bother to trash on Palin are mostly the left wing garbage of society. They are garbage because they go out of their way to defame anyone that isn't on their side. Defamers = Garbage in my opinion

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09

A lot of independents and conservatives are utterly appalled at the current security and economic policies of the current Administration. There are a lot of unhappy, angry, and disenchanted taxpayers, and she is the only politician that seems to be talking to their concerns. These independents are angry at the Republicans for running up the deficit to these unmanageable levels, and they are angry at the Democrats for making things even worse from an economic and a national security perspective.

Truth-tellers are always hated and despised. While she might not be a Harvard Ph.D., she has an uncanny ability to speak candidly and critically while portraying herself as an average American. She has a lot of charisma, and a loyal following. She will be a force to be reckoned with come election time.

I listed carefully to her presentation on C-Span today at the Tea Party conference in Nashville. She's very crafty, and her public speaking skills are improving. She's much more confident and brash than she was in the election. I don't see her backing down, and she has a couple more years of building momentum prior to the election.

They put it on Youtube already. Check out the standing ovation!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09

A lot of independents and conservatives are utterly appalled at the current security and economic policies of the current Administration. There are a lot of unhappy, angry, and disenchanted taxpayers, and she is the only politician that seems to be talking to their concerns.

Well it does seem she has found a niche in the political spectrum with some loyal followers.

We will have to see what happens with that won't we?

Thanks OP for your reply.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join