It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Birther' Movement Rears Head in Nashville

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

'Birther' Movement Rears Head in Nashville

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com

The so-called "birther" movement apparently is alive and well at the National Tea Party Convention in Nashville.

While the bulk of the three-day affair has been spent on strategizing for the 2010 elections and figuring out how to grow the conservative activist base, convention-goers shifted their attention from tax-and-spending complaints to President Obama's citizenship during a rousing speech after dinner Friday night by WorldNetDaily.com founder Joseph Farah.

Farah, a conservative newsman whose raison d'etre of late has been to challenge Obama's eligibility to be president, used
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, this isn't going away any time soon folks.

Here is what gets me... If you are for the 'birther' argument or against the 'birther' argument, why wouldn't you want final concrete evidence brought out... ratified by a court... and a decision (final) made on the topic.

One of 2 things will happen:

1) The 'birthers' are whackos and will be proven so. This will do damage to any who oppose OBAMA and will strengthen his position.

or

2) The 'birthers' are correct and this guy OBAMA is illigit and needs to get his butt out of the White House (and into prison for fraud). This will only serve to do damage to any who support OBAMA and will strengthen the other position.

This is non-partisan really... just get it over with because the discussion isn't going away!

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Looked like I had posted this in the wrong area... thanks for moving it

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Dangit! I was hoping the Birthers would go Republican, guess the GOP is just smart enough not to let these wingnuts in. Course I wrote something on this subject on my blog here.

The Birthers are a huge detriment to the TEA party movement and will completely derail and destroy what could be a great third party. I would hope that those who organize these tea party conventions would be smart enough to keep these nutjobs out.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I respect that the tea party people don't keep them out...

Stiffling opinions seems to be more of a Democrat thing lately anyway...

I just wish this would get solved once and for all.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Man, it never will "be solved once and for all" they could go to court, force the issue, the judge could rule that Obama was indeed born in Hawaii and in fact is the legal POTUS, and all the Birthers would do is say it was rigged.

Obama could force Hawaii to give him a long form of his bc and he could go door to door to every Birther's house and have them all personally inspect it, and they still wouldn't believe it. Nothing anyone can do or say will make this issue go away, it's never going to happen until Obama leaves office.

They are insane, and their involvement in the TPM is just going to hurt the TPM in the long run, and make it so that fewer independent candidates are elected this year.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Both sides should decide on someone that can be an impartial judge (Switzerland?) and agree to stand by their decision.

The 'birthers' can demand documentation from OBAMA, he can provide it, the impartial third party can make a determination based of the facts and finally put it to rest!

Wait, that would make WAY too much sense! Neither side would go for it!

lol

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
All I am saying is that there is no way in hell that the Birthers will ever be satisfied unless Obama is ousted from office, the Birthers aren't interested in the truth of the matter. It was already proved positive that Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural born citizen, but the Birthers deny it.

The only thing that will make the Birthers shut up is if Obama is removed from office. That's the only thing that will satisfy them. You can't please these insanely obsessed people with the truth, because they have absolutely zero interest in finding the truth.

Their involvement in the TPM is political poison. And it plays right into the Democrats hands. Now, Republicans and TPMs won't have enough votes to win in an election against a Democrat. What makes things worse is people who would have liked to vote for a TPM because they are sick of the pseudo conservatism of the GOP, having to vote for a Democrat because the Tea Party candidate might play into this Birther nonsense.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Hello,
I'm rather neutral in this issue up to the point that it has come to being a trivial pursuit. Why is he going so far as to keep said documents away from prying eyes? If the bloke has nothing to be ashamed of, he should provide the proper credentials, as a gesture of goodwill if nothing else.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

If the bloke has nothing to be ashamed of, he should provide the proper credentials, as a gesture of goodwill if nothing else.

He did...

www.factcheck.org...

www.snopes.com...

hawaii.gov...

www.politifact.com...

That's what people don't get. He did, but Birthers rejected these facts because the only agenda they have is to oust Obama from office. They don't want anything else but to remove Obama from office. They don't want the truth, if they did, this issue would have been settled before the election.

But again, this is a good thing for Democrats who stood to loose big this time around, if the TPM gets overrun with Birthers, they will look like fringe wackjobs, and they and the GOP will loose big to Democratic candidates.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You're probably right...
If there was any chance Obama was not born in Hawaii, the Repubs. (Or
the other dems running in the primary) would have been all over this like
white on rice. There's no way this issue wouldn't have been exploited to it's fullest measure. Personally, I wish someone could find proof he was born in Kenya as alleged. IMO, he (along with Reid, Pelosi, Frank..et al)
are a mortal danger to our fair republic.
Where's Sen. McCarthy when you need him ?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

Where's Sen. McCarthy when you need him ?

Oh that's what this country needs, another witch hunt. The McCarthy hearings were a testament to big brother and paranoia.

Today instead of Communists, he would be looking for Muslim Sympathizers.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

But don't you see ?
It's not the Muslim sympathizers we should be worried about.
It's the COMMUNISTS !!!
The Bolsheviks have returned, and are currently running our Executive and Legislative branches of Govt.
Wake up and smell the Borchst comrades.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The Bolsheviks have returned, and are currently running our Executive and Legislative branches of Govt.

Can you name me one piece of Communistic legislation that this executive branch has passed into law?

Edit: to be more specific.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
The 'birthers' can demand documentation from OBAMA, he can provide it, the impartial third party can make a determination based of the facts and finally put it to rest!

Except this is not about any documentation that Obama supplies

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

How about the 700 billion + bailout ?
Was that not taking from the poor and giving to the rich ?
Look....what we are seeing is redistribution of wealth on a whole new level.
Or at least that is their vision. I speak in generalities not so much specifics.
It's a new mindset in D.C.
Wheras McCarthy saw a communist behind every tree, the current crop
sees a T-Bagging, Redneck.
I'll take the Redneck everytime.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Are sure it's their "head" that is being reared in Nashville? I suspect it bears a strong resemblance to another body part.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

How about the 700 billion + bailout ?
Was that not taking from the poor and giving to the rich ?

Do you mean TARP? The money given to banks because they were too big to fail? Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that Obama was sworn in as POTUS until January 20, 2009. Whereas TARP, was signed into law by Bush on October 3, 2008.

Revisionist history? Seeing Commies around every corner? Little paranoid?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Sadly this group will never stop, but it really isn't anything new.

There are still people who think W stole the election. Bush will always have those guys and Obama will always have these guys.

I'm sure the next President will have a group similar to the two. All you can do is ignore them and let them run their course.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Try showing the next officer that pulls you over a "certification of license to drive" rather than a "drivers license".. if the officer objects, and detains you to verify your claim... call the officer a crazy "birther" for having the temerity to not take your word.

Belching out divisive terms like "birther" and going on about 'they' want is great supposition and message board fodder, but opinions differ and obviously not everyone agrees.

I don't believe anything supplied by a bulls# artist like obama, his freakishly loyal party cultists, or any of those DC mafia clowns. obama supplied print-outs are only as credible as his "word" as a man.. which at this point is non existent.

IMO its as simple as that, lots of people just don't believe him for good reason..he hasn't exactly proven himself to be a pillar of truth & virtue... the crazy ones are the sad party owned cultists who take his word for it like he's some kind of truth telling messiah.

Whatever reality is, this birth drama has been turned into a useful tool of the phony left vs right division the oligarchs depend on.. rather than a simple matter of verifying the claims of someone with a disgraceful track record of truth telling.

I also tend to believe that since the MSM / political propaganda engineers have taken the time & effort to label and discredit (divide) those who don't believe obama, from those who do.. there is probably more to it. If you're taking flak, you must be near the target.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join