It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke: South Carolina now requires 'subversives' to register

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Do you have the address I can send my five dollars.

Ill go to the store and get the five dollars. Ill even put a certified return request receipt. Should I include a print out of the yahoo mapquest with driving instructions. That way they wont get lost.

I dont live in that state, you think theyll send me a little plack

temepted to put this address other then my own

John Paul Jones
121 Blake road
Annapolis, Maryland
21402-5000

BTW I might need to borrow bail money

[edit on 11-2-2010 by ripcontrol]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
and southern states are mad when the rest of the country makes fun of them...duh!!!...and the people they put in charge of enacting these laws, ARE THE EDUCATED ONES!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by xstealth

Can you say paranoia?
If you don't have anything dastardly in the works, why worry about this bill?

You innocent? Get a lawyer.

I don't believe this anymore than I believed in the death panels. Next people will say we are going to be infected with AIDS from filling in our census reports.

No disrespect intended, but, could you define the conditions under which one might be considered innocent?

It seems to me that this law is offensively vague in breadth. If they are looking for a specific type or group of citizens; why a law that criminalizes most forms of dissent indiscriminately?

But I agree with you on one point. This is South Carolina legislation and may, as such, be destroyed at the federal level because of overriding Constitutional concerns.... if they choose to observe them. I hope nothing happens to justify this from being enforced nationally. THAT would scare the bejeesus out of me.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What do you think would happen if an overwhelming number of citizens in S.C. (lets say 60%) actually filled out this paperwork and filed it?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
$13,683,726.00 richer

based on
4,561,242 population in SC

times 60%

times $5.00

plus my JPJ's five dollars

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I mean would the representitives of the people of South Carolina then be obligated to attempt to do what their constituents believe in?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
reply to post by ripcontrol

I mean would the representitives of the people of South Carolina then be obligated to attempt to do what their constituents believe in?

Sorry to interrupt, but the phrase ... obligated to attempt to do what their constituents believe in ... seems comical, in a tragic way.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC

Depends on how much the constituents pay them...

Cheap shot...yes, it was indeed a cheap shot...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I hope people actually register. I would be interested to see what happens to them afterward. It has to be for something. Where would the money go?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If I was the representative, I would make it an honor to have one. Give a speech that it is in the long tradition of american freedoms. I would then bring in the cameras and buy one myself.

Id turn it into an ironic joke. Id then insist the money go to help South Carolinas veterans.

Hell for fifteen you get a plack commemorating you following in a great line of american traditions.

For fifty, yours and others who contribute to it get your name put on a statue or a memorial of freedom loving South Carolinian's.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well the truth behind this story is that this is no new law. It is an old cold war era law that is 57 years old. Some SC legislators introduced a bill to remove this old law. Apparently the news that SC has this law has prompted 10 people to file for overthrow of governments in jest. There was a misconception that this was a new law but it is not. It was originally meant to deter communists back in 1951.

wvgazette.com...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Well the truth behind this story is that this is no new law. It is an old cold war era law that is 57 years old. Some SC legislators introduced a bill to remove this old law. Apparently the news that SC has this law has prompted 10 people to file for overthrow of governments in jest.
wvgazette.com...

I like how this proves that the government watches ATS. This thread is made and then one month later the state mentions the want to repeal it!!

[edit on 3/30/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealityisanIllusion
Strange, I live in South Carolina and I don't recall this being on the news or on the radio.

and you won't hear about it til they need it.
This law was done covertly so the public
wouldn't know. It's happening all over America.
Laws are being passed in secret to turn
us into slaves.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If South Carolina had any common sense ,which it appears they don't, they would levy a tax of of about $1000. dollars for each and every foreign troop, private security personnel and all foreigners with temporary visas working for some foreign nation other than the USA.

Tax the invading Army and or mercenaries and it could be a new way to raise funds by taxing the hell out of the federal government for everything they seek to do within the boundaries of the States. Tax all the Govt. agents as well and let the games begin. Charge a rolling tire tax for each and every mile driven in the State and then use the National Guard and the State Police to collect the tax or arrest and detain those that refuse to pay the States taxes levied against the federal government. Issue citations, tickets and well, it could be a money maker. It's just an idea.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
هبة النوبة الرابطة نودا هابا هابا الرابطة المتحد لافريقيا! أبو! ايبي! نودا! نودا!

American translation:
Haba noba iba noda haba haba iba uba! Abu! Ibi! Noda! Noda!

What I'm trying to say is that our lawmakers come up with the most ridiculous laws on the planet it seems at times.

Transfering of power can come with peace as long as the Constitution remains intact.

Death to terrorists who seek our lives. Domestic or foreign.

This will work as well as the drug-tax stamp that was made into law years ago.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join