It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Recurring Number Thread: 37... Why, Why, Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have to say, I'm not one for all the supersticious nonesense about this sort of thing, but just lately it has driven me to distraction..

Everytime I look at my watch to see the time you can always guarantee that it will be 37 minuets past the the hour.. Whenever I switch on the tv, 37 appears, open the newspaper; 37, in fact in almost every facet of my life this number pops up, even when getting change at the grocery store £37.37 comes out of the cash register.. That has happened twice now... I can sort of reason the watch thing taking my own biorhythms into account, but cannot so easily explain away the many other instances... All I know is that when I have a bout of this particular number come into my life then things start getting bad....

As I said, I do not hold onto supersticious stuff, but I am starting to wonder with this... Maybe I need prozac or a good talking too lol..

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.. Thank you in advance

Kendra xxx

[edit on 052828p://f30Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I found a website which talks about importance of recurring number 137 and surprisingly it's related to Kabbalah and hebrew. Here it is: www.inner.org...

and here is another website which talks about recurring numbers: www.iseenumbers.com...

or perhaps some detail related to number 37 would be your answer: en.wikipedia.org...

Hope this helps, I am afraid that's all I know. I am not much into numbers.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Another recurring complaint of other threads, thread...why, why, why? Not that I mind as I clearly like to complain myself and thought I would drop by and use your thread to complain about your thread, just because I love to complain, and complain, and complain. It is my favorite past time. Well, thanks for letting me drop by and complain a bit, but I have to go now.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Thanks for taking time to reply, and thanks for those interesting links, certainly shedding a bit more light on it..

I will carefully read them and get back when I have more time..

Thanks again xxx

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Errrrrrrr Thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hey there,

Don't know if this is much help, only to add that I too find significance in the # 37. The form of tai chi I practice has 37 postures in it and it's founder commented on how this number had "I-Ching" (Chinese Astrology) significance. Our internal core temperature is 37 degrees. 37 is a prime number. I know there are other significances but they escape me right now.

en.wikipedia.org...

sparrow

[edit on 5-2-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Well, first off, dont worry about your sanity...your fine. Alot of people will tell you it is just your mind recognizing the numbers or picking up patterns. Thats well and fine but I dont believe that. I get #'s too, mine just happen to be 1111, hence the screen name, and I've been getting my #'s in a big way lately. I don't hve the slightest clue what the numbers mean but my suggestion is when you get your numbers stop, remember what you were thinking about and write it down in a journal for few days. Maybe you will notice a pattern. For some reason this technique never works for me because I always loose what I was thinking about.lol. Also your # isnt a "prime" number if you believe in numerology at all so you would have to add the numbers together (3+7=10 which would drop the 0 and your # would be 1) The # 1 significance for some people is the number of unity of mind, body and soul. Anyway hope this helps some and good luck. One last thing, try to think positive about the number, your thoughts manifest in your reality and if you think or feel negative about the # that's what you can expect from it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'd get out of the mindset of 'everytime it pops up things start to get bad' for a start dude, you'll start to notice bad things more often because you're subconsciously looking for bad things when you see this number!

I try not to think about it too much and it seems not to happen half as much.. I've had the number 11 following me for about 3 years now..

On vcr's, nearly everytime I look at the clock, cost of stuff I'm buying in the shop, absolutely bloody everywhere! When I see it now, I kind of just look away and think bout something else. Synchronicity is a big thing in my life, once I see a pattern in something, it never goes away

Edit cos I like people to think my first language is English not bad English

[edit on 5-2-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

37 is one of my lottery numbers, I tend to see this number also when I wake up suddenly and as is habit I always check the time and several times the number 37 has been there glowing back at me (what the hell).

I can add nothing further other than to say, yes the number 37 does have some relevance in my life too but what that relevance is unknown at this time.

Or it is just a coincidence?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

I never thought of that lol.. 37 seems to have significance with our bodies rhytms, if our temp goes up and down beyond that figure then we are in trouble lol... Hmmmmmm Thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by freeyourmind1111

Thanks for that.. I have done the gemetria of a name that was given to me by for want of a better word, a "holy man" who called me Yapheth which means; to enlarge... Its gemetria is 490... When divided by 7 that gives us 70, divided by 7 again 10, 3 plus 7 is 10 lol Arrrrrrrrgghhhhh lol

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Its one of my lotto numbers too lol.. I think you and i are in the same boat with this... Apparantly 37 is a kabbala number for power, reversed to 73 means wisdom, and as I am sooo not wise lol, i will have to take the power...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So when I have been called delusional and a Wacko and a weirdo I have actually been spouting words of wisdom and power? That is awesome and I will point my sceptical daughter to this thread the next time she says I am “mega-embarrassing” her in front of her cat, dog, pal, boyfriend or whatever.

I must remember that I am awesomely powerful the next time I forget myself and start talking about UFO’s and secret governments.

37 proves it

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Interesting topic. I've never found myself looking too much into such things, but I've always felt some numbers held some sort of significance.

I must say, I do find it strange that this number 37 keeps recurring through out your daily routine. Might I also point out the date you posted this on? 02/05/2010 (2+5+20+10=37)

Coincidence? I honestly do not know, but surely it is quite odd.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's not surprising that people get caught up in the fantasy of paranoia and conspiracy, or that they have an affinity for reductive, far-reaching theories. Our brains are designed to find and make effective use of patterns, and the presence everywhere of generalization, stereotype, and coincidence confirms our natural ease with these analytic shortcuts, to say nothing of the cruder appeal of ideology or superstition.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My family has recently been seeing numerical palindromes. My daughter espsecially. We are not clock watchers either. My daughter has taken to making wishes whenever this occurs. I kind of like her approach!

I myself am a bit obsessed with numbers, since my birthday, birth time and birth weight all contain 8's.

Just one thing a little off topic, I'd like to note. I am sure you are all familiar with the Simpsons 911 prediction and clocks showing 911 in movies etc...I am now paying attention to seemingly random numbers in tv and movies to see if I can find any synchronicity in them!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rivendar

OMG!!!
I didnt realise that untill you pointed it out... You really cant make this stuff up

I realy wish I knew wtf was going on with this bloody number.. Im sure G-d is up there having a mighty good laugh at this..

Even today, I had to get the number 37 bus which supposed to come at 45 minuets past the hour but came at, yes you guessed it, dead on flipping 37 minuets past! Now I would normally be glad of a bus arriving early but today I just sat on the bus a little freaked lol

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Yes I agree.. I have a science background (ish lol) and am usually quite rashional except with some subjects on this site and after a bottle or 2 of Rose wine, but this really is a recurring thing, and not because i notice it more, nor have attached any any kind of supernatural meaning, yet its there constantly, like some numerical mocking Nelson from the simpsons poiting "ahaaa" every few hours lol...
But when I do do get a spate of this number in my life it is usually accompanied by a life change; this week being my tranny brother being sectioned for alcoholism and trying to kill him/herself

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
37 is one of the polarizing numbers the system uses against people. 37 like 9, 11, and other commonly seen numbers that come up when the subject is discussed.

37 is a harmful number as it symbology represent incomplete polarity and how it often skips other power numbers sits between them. For instance 37 skips 36 (12*3) 38 (19*2)

Other numbers of the system

Interesting what a few years metaphysics and sacred geometry can teach you.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You shouldn't watch 'Clerks' then. They make a whole big deal of the number 37.

Actually, I notice the number 37 quite a lot but I just put it down to that movie though. Maybe there is something in it. The thing that gets me is when I look at the clock, I seem to always see 11:11, 22:22, 12:34. Strange days indeed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join