It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Makes Birther Joke At Prayer Breakfast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

At this morning's national prayer breakfast in Washington D.C., President Obama made a birther joke.

Calling once again for a return to civility in politics, the president declared that civility is "not a sign of weakness" and that he's "the first to confess I'm not always right."

"Surely you can question my policies without questioning my faith," the president said, pausing for a few seconds before adding, "or, for that matter, my citizenship."

The crowd laughed and applauded.

Here's the video:

tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...

I find the comments on the talkingpoints website dissapointing.
But america is in love with what it hates and what hurts it the most..... Partisan Bickering!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I guess those millions of protestors in front of the White House this year had no effect. Go ahead and taunt Barry.
Boy are those folks in for a rude awaking.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Him making that joke kind of makes me question him more.

Faith is something subjective to everyone, but citizenship is objective and concrete.

Either you are or you are not one.

So hmmm...we here at ATS know what ridicule is for. It is to keep us ashamed and afraid to ask questions.

So how am I suppose to react? Haha funny?
Or "Holy Crap hes admitting guilt through ridicule of the opponents??!!

Too hard to tell at this point. This one will ruffle some feathers though.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's not citizenship that gets questioned - it's eligibility.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by eventHorizon

By questioning his citizenry of birth....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
That was just creepy.
It seems he was choking on that one, like he knows we know... and he's asking us to forget about it.
He also seems to say that we're rather rude to ask any questions.
I agree, his faith is his own affair, be even that to a public official, is not above question.
I wonder why he won't come clean?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

More so, he wants to keep it on the publics mind, he wants people to question it. Why? Because if you are questioning his citizenship and eligibility you aren't questioning his policies.

Besides the fact that it's easy to discredit an opponent who has the position that Obama was born in Kenya, "Look, just another birther loon." Rather than try and discredit a detractor that is in opposition to his policies.

The birther movement is a joke and Obama wants to keep it around to distract people from what he is doing in the White House. You don't joke about things that people can actually nail you on. Instead, you push the ridiculous and frivolous and try and put those people in bed with those that actually have real ammunition against you.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Some of you have the sense of humor of a paperclip. Really. I have never seen anything like it.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I hope this question never gets answered, it keeps all the wingbats wrapped up in 1 thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is telling.
We need to get some body language experts to chime in on this one.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I have to give you a star for that post. I think you are entirely too correct in your appraisal, but I can't let him walk on what I think is a significant issue.
If not a significant issue, it's at least a technicality (a law, actually), and enough of a problem for most people to think twice about him and his agenda.
I've lived too long through too many 'administrations', to allow any opportunity to slow the roll of these would be despots to slip by. If the birther issue is enough to stop a total takeover of the government by the executive branch, I'm for it. I'm going to grab for it like a brass ring.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What would make you consider some one a birther?Honestly.What is the distinguishing characteristic.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

What would make you consider some one a birther?Honestly.What is the distinguishing characteristic.

They watch too much FOX-

I would bet some large cash that 90% of birthers got the idea from Fox or other partisan entities, who work in concert to perpetuate the LIE.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
This is telling.
We need to get some body language experts to chime in on this one.

Ya I can tell that he doesn't enjoy the degree of grease birthing represents.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Why is this guy called Barry? Certainly, he cannot be mistaken for Barry White, even though he lives in a White House. What a wreck!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am by no means a "birther" nor have I really questioned his eliegibility. But he has taken this topic far to long for someone whom is sure in his status. What the F is he hiding? Something with his demeanor irks me. Something isn't right.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
I am by no means a "birther" nor have I really questioned his eliegibility. But he has taken this topic far to long for someone whom is sure in his status. What the F is he hiding? Something with his demeanor irks me. Something isn't right.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by djvexd]

So Obama has been to one claiming he is not a citizen?

I think he is hiding the fact that he is pissed off at this xenophobic whisper (shout now)
campaign.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

A conspiracy theorist who believes that Barack Obama is ineligible for the Presidency of the United States, based on any number of claims related to his place of birth, birth certificate, favorite birthday, or whether or not he has heard the song Africa by Toto.

Source: www.urbandictionary.com...

See Also: Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories

The birther theory works great for Obama, because it's based completely on fantasy. The more he gets people to focus on that, the less they focus on the problems that this country does actually face.

The funny thing is, he didn't hide anything about his place of birth, he was completely honest. The problem? He was completely honest, and so obviously being a politician, he must be lying.

[edit on 2/4/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd

What the F is he hiding? Something with his demeanor irks me. Something isn't right.

I know what you mean and I'm sure you're not alone in your feelings.
There is a lot to be said about that certain "gut feeling" that most people tend to ignore or refuse to trust.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Russian accent, real estate agent, fake doctor of law, dentist, penchant for getting tossed out of court and being admonished by judges. Just a few of the characteristics I go by. Know anyone like that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join