It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO appears during the movie "The Blues Brothers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi

I report an UFO sighting during the movie "The Blues Blothers" the video is the following:

www.youtube.com...

MOD EDIT: Fix title

[edit on June 15th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Interesting. It seems to fade in.

I guess a good question to ask (beside what is it) is was the image added after filming, or did it appear during the filming?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Venus, anyone? I don't think that there is any evidence that this object is flying, or that it is inexplicable by conventional means.

Edit to add: The lighting looks like early morning, which is prime Venus time.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by OnceReturned]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ahhh,... is it possible that it just might be a star?
Or maybe it's just one of those non moving UFO's

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
it's definitely a star.

if you'll notice, the moment that the light appears, the lighting of the entire shot seems to change. they spliced two different shots of the scene together--the second one was a little earlier or later, whatever the case may be, and had a star in it that wasn't visible in the first shot.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

really?

I do not see what yer talkin about. could you explain?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
During the scene where the crew are singing Jail House Rock there's a solitary aerial object behind them (most likely Venus).

Guys got comments being moderated ergo he's a namby pamby believer who won't hear reason.

I say kill this thread and any attention towards this video (or else mirror it with comments enabled).

-m0r

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

but the object fades in...venus wouldnt do that

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

really?

I do not see what yer talkin about. could you explain?

right when the light appears, the entire sky gets darker. just watch the sky. i don't know what else to tell you.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
the object in question appears about 1 second after the start of the scene,
after watching the scene a few times i would agree with Nathan_Orin, that this is two shots spliced together, which gives the impression the object faded in.

as to what this object is, no idea, nice find tho

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The fact that the object in question appears about 1 second after the start of the scene could be also an unknown technology, many times it was said about invisibility of unidentified objects.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As most people know, Dan Aykroyd is a believer in Aliens and UFO's. He is also the joint writer of the Blues Brothers film. So maybe, just maybe, this could have been a publicity stunt, not just for the film but also for the whole alien research subject as well.

It may be a long shot, but its not like its the first time that a publicity stunt has been used for films, however this would have had to work via word of mouth with people telling others about it, just like now haha

But as KrOnZ said about the two shots spliced together, this could just be a reflection of something.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is quite an old movie, so honestly if it were anything big (like the lining up of Pink Floyd with the Wizard of Oz) I would think it would have been noticed quite some time ago. Apart from that, I will neither say whether or not I agree or disagree with anything. Being a film student, however, I can see how it just might have been a continuity mess-up. As far as the whole Venus thing, I really don't know much on the subject

new topics

top topics

join