It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which prediction do you think has been the most accurate of all time?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
High
60°F

PM Showers

Precip
70%

Wind: From SSE at 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 71%
UV Index: 1 Low
Sunrise: 7:08 AM PT
Avg. High: 62°F
Record High: 79°F (1954)

The voices tell me it's true, and they are always right.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So, aside from Casey and some ancient eastern teachings, there really aren't any predictions that stand out as having come true?

That is odd because we see SOOOOOOO many predictions on ATS each and every day!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
That at some point Paris Hilton would make a sex movie

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Local weather man that says "We dont really know what the weather will be like in the week. It could get hot or cold." Very accurate atleast for Texas weather. It was 80 the other week and the next day it was 30 with snow.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross."
— Sinclair Lewis, author of It Can't Happen Here, 1935

--Was a good one . ---

Reminds me of the following rather arresting quote:

"Mankind shall not be free until the last king has been strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
— Denis Diderot

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
So, aside from Casey and some ancient eastern teachings, there really aren't any predictions that stand out as having come true?

That is odd because we see SOOOOOOO many predictions on ATS each and every day!

The question was about "the most accurate of all times," rather than about the numerous predictions that were "merely" proven correct by the strange days we now find ourselves muddling through.

There are many, many predictions on ATS and other sites on the Internet that were once considered cranky madness but have come all too true within the last few years. For example, many spent years ridiculing the housing bubble and/or the tech stock bubble before it. Such people frequently predicted the rise of precious metals and/or useful commodities like industrial metals and arable land (e.g, not housing land). They were for encouraging saving, fiscal responsibility, lack of debt, lack of useless foreign wars, and other things.

For years here and elsewhere on the Internet these pople steadily made their stand. The last few years have proven them all too correct. Most of them (oh what the heck, I'll start saying "us," I know I've earned it) were ridiculed mercilessly for years, called "bitter losers" who just didn't "get it" or understand how "things were different this time."

Despite being correct, most of those of us who made such predictions find no comfort in being vindicated. The human cost has been too high, the suffering continues, and the situation is only getting worse.

[edit on 2/4/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So how about bigger historical predictions? Comets and Kings... wars and natural events?

I think those are the best pinpointed predictions (the really big messy stuff). Which of those is the most accurate?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Not sure but some might call this a prediction.

From JOHN TITOR December 06, 2000 21:36

(Q.) What is the entertainment industry like in 2036?

(A.) Again, entertainment is less centralized. There are "movies" and "TV" but everything is distributed over the net and more people produce their own "shows".

Then Youtube came out in 2005

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Not sure but some might call this a prediction.

From JOHN TITOR December 06, 2000 21:36

(Q.) What is the entertainment industry like in 2036?

(A.) Again, entertainment is less centralized. There are "movies" and "TV" but everything is distributed over the net and more people produce their own "shows".

Then Youtube came out in 2005

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
So how about bigger historical predictions? Comets and Kings... wars and natural events?

I think those are the best pinpointed predictions (the really big messy stuff). Which of those is the most accurate?

The vaguer the prediction, the more likely it is of being true, so you've got to take that into account as well.

Another point -- its very easy to predict that "something will happen someday" but very hard to pinpoint the time. Many on Wall Street knew the bubble(s) would pop, but calling the exact top of the market has always been difficult. There is an old Wall Street saying: "Being early is the same as being wrong." Talking down tech stocks in 1996 or housing in 2004 might have cost you your job. Calling the peaks in 1999 and 2005/6, respectively, would have made you a respected guru.

One man who has done a good job over the last few decades of predicting a number of major occurances with close timing and accuracy has been Gerald Celente. I encourage you to explore his predictions and listen to his entertaining and usually accurate clips on youtube, for example. Celente called the fall of Communism, the end of the tech bubble, and the end of the housing bubble all to within the exact years. Not many others have such sharp track records.

Still, that's all merely in our time...the greatest prediction of all times is another matter, and one this thread hasn't settled yet.

[edit on 2/4/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I liked his stuff... pretty accurate.

I am still wondering what everyone would consider the greatest or most accurate prediction to date (from any past time period or even the current).

I think if we can narrow it down, we might have a better track record at making our own predictions once we can see what patterns make for success.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Jesus said "...my words shall not pass away." (Matt 24:35)

He has been correct so far for 2000 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Most accurate prediction of all time was made by my mother's great-aunt in 1937.

My mom's great aunt was a "seer" (clairvoyant) of some renown in England in the late 19th Century, during the global "spiritual movement"... During this time — from the late 1800s through the early 1900s — all sorts of seers, psychics, mediums and you-name-it enjoyed great popularity on both sides of the Atlantic.

My mom's great aunt was one of these clairvoyants. Her husband, a native German, died around the turn of the century, and she left the public eye at about that time.

In early 1937, she was on her deathbed when she awoke from a coma and related her last clairvoyant vision: She said that she saw her dead husband standing in his German homeland, pointing to the west, pointing to America, and pointing to (of all places) New Jersey. She said her husband was repeating the word Hindenburg, over and over.

She died a few hours later, leaving everyone totally baffled with her final vision.

A few months afterwards, the German zeppelin Hindenburg exploded and crashed in Lakehurst, New Jersey, resulting in 36 deaths and one of the most amazing pieces of disaster footage in history.

I'd call this among the most astonishing bits of prophecy ever.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Most accurate prediction of all time was made by my mother's great-aunt in 1937.

My mom's great aunt was a "seer" (clairvoyant) of some renown in England in the late 19th Century, during the global "spiritual movement"... During this time — from the late 1800s through the early 1900s — all sorts of seers, psychics, mediums and you-name-it enjoyed great popularity on both sides of the Atlantic.

My mom's great aunt was one of these clairvoyants. Her husband, a native German, died around the turn of the century, and she left the public eye at about that time.

In early 1937, she was on her deathbed when she awoke from a coma and related her last clairvoyant vision: She said that she saw her dead husband standing in his German homeland, pointing to the west, pointing to America, and pointing to (of all places) New Jersey. She said her husband was repeating the word Hindenburg, over and over.

She died a few hours later, leaving everyone totally baffled with her final vision.

A few months afterwards, the German zeppelin Hindenburg exploded and crashed in Lakehurst, New Jersey, resulting in 36 deaths and one of the most amazing pieces of disaster footage in history.

I'd call this among the most astonishing bits of prophecy ever.

— Doc Velocity

Stuff like that is just amazing!

Awesome post!!!

I wish she had published it in some way, that would be truly historical!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am interested in good tangible predictions....

Natural disasters, asassinations, mystical things... but things we can document and track the results of.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Jesus said "...my words shall not pass away." (Matt 24:35)

He has been correct so far for 2000 years.

Good one... simple, yet right on the money.

Who would have thought that one guy in the mid-east would have that kind of lastine effect?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have always liked looking at Baba Vanga's predictions, she was a lady from Bulgaria. She predicted 911 and many other things...I would put a link up but not sure how to do that yet, you can google her....sorry I'm new here I should find out how to do that....

I don't know how true everything that is said about her but I like the history of her life and her predictions.

cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Supposedly, in 1957, Jeanne Dixon predicted the election and subsequent assasination of John F. Kennedy.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He YouPopRock.

I did it ! I found the source about the ancient wisdom, I mentioned.

If you never heard of it before, I recommend to just read it all.
It really is a good theory.

Here you go.

Ancient Wisdom.

I really want your opinion on it if you finish it?
The only other guy I talked about it was following and study these ancient believes.

He definitely was not a neutral observer !

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

He YouPopRock.

I did it ! I found the source about the ancient wisdom, I mentioned.

If you never heard of it before, I recommend to just read it all.
It really is a good theory.

Here you go.

Ancient Wisdom.

I really want your opinion on it if you finish it?
The only other guy I talked about it was following and study these ancient believes.

He definitely was not a neutral observer !

Sweet!

I will read this over and let ya know what my take on it is.

I am still ultra suprised that there haven't been more ats members commenting.... we hear about their predictions ALL THE TIME!

(Is it because we are asking for accurate ones? lol)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join