It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have 4 people watching me on Facebook, all employees of companies linked to US Defence, do you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
G'day ATS, this is a bit weird and possibly important:

If you have a Facebook account and are worried if Big Brother is watching you, try this:

1. Hover your cursor over settings and click on privacy settings.
2. Click on block list
3. In the person box type in "automatic labs".
4. Press enter, it may take a few tries.

This bring up a list of people who are keeping an eye on you, I have four and they work for:

Motorola : Selected by US Defence Dept

Motorola to Supply Four Partners with Solutions to Enable Mobility for the Government Enterprise

General Dynamics C4 Systems

develops and integrates secure communication and information systems and technology.
With obvious links to the US military.

Anglient Technologies

Agilent Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis is a leading global provider of instrumentation, supplies, software and services to the life science and chemical analysis markets.

AND FINALLY

EF Johnson Technologies

Headquartered in Irving, Texas, EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. focuses on innovating, developing and marketing the highest quality secure communications solutions to organizations whose mission is to protect and save lives. The Company’s customers include first responders in public safety and public service, the federal government

Hm Public safety, as in anti-terror maybe? Good to know someone working for companies like these, with blatant connections to the US Military is interested in my Facebook page!

I suggest trying this on your own FB account immediately!

Is this sinister? At the very least it isn't desirable, and the fact these companies seem to have major links to the US Defence Establishment is worrying, or am I being paranoid guys? Perhaps it's just for marketing or customer profiling, but I doubt it.

If you have anyone interested in yours let me know, all the best ATS!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So why do you have a facebook account anyway?
What do you expect?
Give the powers that be another look into your life.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thats weird. I got a General Dynamics, Angilent tech, Honeywell, and GTE Automatic labs. Or old dudes for these companies. Huh. I mean I guess they could be phishing for marketing info....

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

" or am I being paranoid guys?"

perhaps, just a tad.

There are no users registered with the "automatic labs" name so the block feature is searching for names or accounts with information similar to that search query.

ANYone who attempts to block "automatic labs" should/will get the same responses.

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Interesting... I have the same 4 as well and my FB is the most absolutely dull page that can be.
I don't even use it, really.

reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Yep, that makes good sense.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hmmm... I have a few people on my FB from General Dynamics too! But that's because I work for General Dynamics, so they are just my coworkers who are FB friends. Whew! I guess I can put away the tin foil now.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I did this and found 4 people....question: Why type in "automatic labs" what is it about that specific search query that is suspicious? If I simply type in "automatic" it brings up a whole different list...

BTW, I blocked all 4 under "automatic tabs"....Is that what you are suggesting here? Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

1. Hover your cursor over settings and click on privacy settings.
2. Click on block list
3. In the person box type in "automatic labs".
4. Press enter, it may take a few tries.

All you are doing is doing a person search for "automatic labs" and these 4 guys come up. It has nothing to do with them "watching" you...it is just the only 4 guys the search came up with. Everyone will get the exact same 4 guys...it doesn't mean they are connected to you.

Go in the person box and type in "defense planes" and one guy will pop up.

it's a search function...and it searches all of facebook...not just those you are connected to.

link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
So why do you have a facebook account anyway?
What do you expect?
Give the powers that be another look into your life.

yeah, how are you gonna be some big time conspiracy posting guy and then act violated when people track you on facebook?

do you have a telephone? call your friends with that.

holy hell its like telling a 5 yr old that its not ok to bite people.

link   
Dude I had four guys come up all from the same companies.
Donald A Barnes of Motorola
Tom Gibson of GTE automatic labs
John Rasper of Agilent Technologies
James Carpenter of general dynamic c4 systems

WTF is that crap? I gotta get off FB.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
I guess I can put away the tin foil now.

Never never do that!

You never know when it might rain!!

I still think that this is intriguing, "Automatic Labs" is not their account name, thanks to 12m8keall2c for the explanation of the search, but I still would block these dudes for sure!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah

LOL...one of these days, those guys will do a Google search for their own names....oh my, will they be surprised when their names pop up on a conspiracy website.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Moonsouljah

LOL...one of these days, those guys will do a Google search for their own names....oh my, will they be surprised when their names pop up on a conspiracy website.

Haha.
I just did that and guess what? Exactly the same. Thanks OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
yeah i got the same 4

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Here is what Facebook says about Block List, just as you click on it:

Control who can interact with you on Facebook

Here is what is said on the Block List page:

People you have blocked will not be able to interact with you on Facebook. Any Facebook friendships or relationships you currently have with that person will be broken. Note that blocking someone may not prevent all communications and interactions in applications, and does not extend to elsewhere on the Internet.

So, it would seem that they're not spying on you. You must've added them, somehow, to your blocked list. Even if the government somehow added them to the Block List to spy on you, it would do very much because they wouldn't be able to have any contact with you as, they're blocked.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This doesn't mean they're watching you. It means they all have the common theme "automatic labs" and you can block them. If I type in "Mary Johnson" a whole list comes up of "Mary Johnson", does this mean they are all watching me? Seriously.....

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
OKAY there really is no way to see who's tracking you on FB I just looked. The only place you can check whos watching you is on Myspace, and they charge for it. FING extortionists.
Just mark ur profile private and nobody except ur friends can see anything about you. Sorry for the shorthand text crap but I fing hadta type this six times cos it keeps saying there was no connection!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
OP....you on Farmville? lol

www.snopes.com...

You can also type in "IRS Agent" and get 20 or so hits on Facebook.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I pity the poor fool who would have to keep an eye on me.

What an insanely boring job.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yep, these spooks are on my list too:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c50029d09bc.jpg[/atsimg]

Block, Block, Block, Block...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join