It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have 4 people watching me on Facebook, all employees of companies linked to US Defence, do you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
WOOOOW….

I got a hit on :
Donald A. Barnes. Employer: Motorola and GTE Automatic Electric Labs
Tom Gibson Employer: EF Johnson Co. GTE Automatic Electric Lab King Radio Corp -> Allied-Signal -> Honeywell HF Comm Dsn for Military
John Rasper Agilent Technologies
James Carpenter General Dynamics C4 Systems
What does this mean? What is significant about putting “automatic labs” into the person box? How did you find this out?
S&F!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm not a huge facebook user but I do see that no matter what you type into the person line, you will get something back. You could type in "IBM" and get back lots of people.

This group of 4 is not following everyone. They are just who come up if you typed that in the general search box or in this block area.

Imagine this - you sign up for Face Book and your old ex-girlfriend "Marge Simpson" is out there already. You can "pre-block" her by just sticking her in your blocked list before you get to using Face Book a lot.

I think OP is a little paranoid - but I don't think what he's assuming (they're following him) is true. This could be all a misunderstanding.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What staggers me is ,why would people want to advertise themselves on sites like Facebook and Bebo!

I have seen people put their names up,their town of residence,and even their birthdays! Put them all together and what have you got? Bingo!! Identity theft!!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Quit scaring the masses.

Doing a search for people under "automatic labs" will only bring results that FB finds relevant to the search string.

They are not "Watching you".

I suggest making your facebook profile private, and only accept friends you know.

Beyond that, they can't watch you unless they have cooperation with facebook management.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So the OP gives us the search term "automatic labs", but no real background behind it. I think that deserves a real look.

Here's my hypothesis: these four guys that come up for everyone all work for the same company, GTE Automatic Electric Laboratories. Two of them state this on their publicly-available profile. They are not "spooks", but some guys. We're just searching for the one thing they have in common. And out of the however many millions of users on Facebook, these are the only four guys who share this in common.

GTE Automatic Electric Labs is a telecom company, and seems to mainly work with, surprisingly, automatic hardware, such as answering machines. Here's a list of their patents: www.patentstorm.us...

I don't think this is a spying operation. I think it's four dudes who come up as a search result. Because if you search for other things, other people come up. There's no reason to think doing this reveals some massive bombshell.

Besides, a SIGINT operation wouldn't be run this sloppily. I'm sure if they wanted to watch you, they could do so without resorting to a profile on Facebook

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
None --- but I have a Army of "respected Foes" here on ATS... why do you want to FACE the Book...? isnt that CIA

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I have the exact same people. I think it just has something to do with "automatic labs". or does it?..

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh ok, they're employees of GTE Automatic Electric Labs. That's why

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hi, security fans.

I will NEVER touch Facebook and the like crap, because:

Facebook Leaks Its Own Code. . .
www.pcmag.com...

Facebook Security Lapse Leaves Private Photos Exposed. . .
www.readwriteweb.com...

Facebook A Black Hole For Personal Info. . .
COPY PASTE this one
yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/12/1354255&from=rss

And I did not do a search on the others ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

AND FINALLY

EF Johnson Technologies

Headquartered in Irving, Texas, EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. focuses on innovating, developing and marketing the highest quality secure communications solutions to organizations whose mission is to protect and save lives. The Company’s customers include first responders in public safety and public service, the federal government

You should be honored that EF Johnson is watching you
They created some great radios back in the day and still do
I would bet they are watching for mischievous encrypted info on facebook. As they do make great anti-eavesdropping equipment.... bet their eavesdropping technology is topnotch.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by imitator]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Haha, well folk I seem to have buggered up here!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a280968ef1a4.jpg[/atsimg]

Let me first start by saying I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong!

The search is just that, a search, I got it wildly wrong!

I was going to edit the OP but that would be bad form as it's kinda fun being proved wrong on ATS, especially when you come off as a paranoid freak!

Anyhow, I still do find it interesting that the term "Automatic Labs" does yield those results from those companies, but I must stand corrected, this isn't a list of nasty men trying to get me because I stumbled onto the truth!

Is there an ATS sanctuary where one can retreat to in quiet dignity to reflect on one's failure?

All the best ATS!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
this is BUL#, these all FIVE dudes watching all my FIVE fake FB accounts:

Donald a barnes (motorolla)
Tom Gibson EF Johnson Co.
Gavin Michael Armstrong (authomatic labs
John Rasper Agilent Technologies
James Carpenter General Dynamics C4 Systems

Must be just some data collectors, nothing serious and nothing to do with your conspiracy views AHAwhahah

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So do all of you just have four people for that search??? I have a 5th name along with those other four.

Gavin Michael Armstrong www.abovetopsecret.com

That's my 5th.
He likes the site I guess....Haha..

[edit on 3-2-2010 by WwUdNoW]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
That's not who is watching your profile lol, that's just a list of people associated with "associated labs". Type anything in there like general electric or motorola and you will get a list of people.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Weird! I have 5

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea467878585e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Want to know something even more messed up about Facebook?

Your account is saved permanently within the Facebook database.
I deleted my account 2 years ago. I can still type in my old email and password and it will give me the option to reactivate the account just as I left it with all my friends, everything.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Rid myself of all bebo, facebook or myspace, end of 2008.

Everyone should have and if they did not, its your own fault because they told everyone they would be watching.

Ill be on ATS until that too is watched without a doubt.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
LOL

Try typing in 'intelligence agency"

he he he.

Im gonna try 'aliens' next

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
OMG

There are hundreds of em!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Icerider]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is who came up when I did it. Strangers
Derek Gallo (remove)
Jakob Georgek (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) (remove)
Kelly Roland Bangert (remove)
Yogita Someshwar (remove)
Janak Porwal (remove)
Girish Ravunnikutty (remove)
Samantha Mcmahon (remove)
John Rasper (Agilent Technologies) (remove)
Thomas Justin Cornish (remove)
Einar Hansson (remove)
Tom Gibson (remove)
Mark Hubl (remove)
William Bowen (remove)
Mark Swiencki (remove)
Mary E Lewis (remove)
Rob Dubay (remove)
Edward Hess (remove)
Joann Brouillette Hardy (remove)
Donald A. Barnes (remove)
James Carpenter (remove)