It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do Birthers suffer from advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Please notice that i said BIRTHERS and not opponents of Obama. I, myself, disagree with many, many things that Obama has said and done, and personally will not vote for him in 2012 unless he makes some monumental changes between now and then.

So - please - don't confuse the two. Though im sure there will be some who will.

What i'm talking about are BIRTHERS. The people who claim Obama is not a US born citizen. No doubt there are several threads on both sides of this aisle that are doing nothing but throwing the same arguments, ad nauseum. But i figure what the heck, whats one more?

The title of my thread may make a few people wonder if im being facetious or not - and i assure you - i am not.

Birthers are a group all to their own - proof in the fact that a term had to be invented to describe them. Now, it'll not be kept secret that i have a deep loathing for these individuals...not because i support Obama (because i do not) but because i have a deep seeded hatred for down right deliberately insane acts of stupidity. Birthers, in my opinion, embody that.

So lets evaluate the diagnosis and see if "birthers" fit the bill:

Advanced well...i guess this term is in the eye of the beholder. We'll come back to this

Delusionary as defined:

a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact
Source and fittingly so, i'd say birthers fit this to a T.

There have been mounds of evidence to back up the fact that Obama is, indeed, a natural born, full blooded American citizen. There are state officials that confirm it, documents that prove it, and newspapers that printed it on the day he was born.

Not to mention the "common sense" approach to this argument that would suggest it is impossible for Obama to have been an Illinois senator, and the POTUS, without anyone in opposition fighting him on the front. instead, this argument was birthed on the internet. A place of anonymity where any coward with a blog can post things that he or she has no concept of, under the guise of some idiot screen name...and we all know about the infinite nature of human stupidity and how unbearably contagious it can be...in other words, the birther movement could ONLY have been started on the internet, because nobody else would have had the guts to claim credit for having started such an idiotic claim.

So what makes them "delusionary"? The mounds of evidence that proves wrong that the fixed belief that birthers vehemently subscribe to that says Obama is not a citizen.

schizophrenia as defined:

a severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following features: emotional blunting, intellectual deterioration, social isolation, disorganized speech and behavior, delusions, and hallucinations.
Source

they certainly fit the disorganized speech and delusions part, and since it must comprise of "sum but not all" characteristics, i'd say this is a open and shut case.

schizophrenia - CHECK

involuntary narcissistic rage as defined:

When the narcissist's grandiose sense of self-worth is perceivably being attacked by another person (typically in the form of criticism), the narcissist's natural reaction is to rage and pull down the self-worth of others (to make the narcissist feel superior to them). It is an attempt by the narcissist to soothe their internal pain and hostility, while at the same time rebuilding their own self-worth.

source

This one, in my opinion, describes a birther more than any other. From the birther movement, we've seen racial smears on Obama in the form of Cartoons...pictorial depictions of Obama as a black hitler, heard him characterized as a "Kenyan" as if being a Kenyan were evil and shameful...i mean the list really goes on and on.

When confronted with facts, 9 times out of 10, birthers will start with the name calling and juvenile retort.

narcissistic rage - CHECK

But is it involuntary? Well, again, thats all in the eye of the beholder. I choose to believe that it is involuntary, because i cannot fathom how someone can so openly support such an idea in opposition of so much evidence.

And to top it off, i find it rather ironic that the same people who believe the earth was created 7000 years ago and that Noah crammed billions of pairs of animals onto a boat to survive a flood are all coming out and telling us that they have "proof" that Obama is not a citizen...

It really does take a form of mental illness to truly believe this stuff. And it takes someone far worse to help spread it.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would say that not all "birthers" fit this description, but some certainly do *cough*Orly Taitz*cough*.

For some, it's pure racism pure and simple. (oh they won't admit it in a million years, but it's true.)

For some, it's deep seeded hatred for the Left.

For others, it's because they hate the government so much that anything that discredits that government appeals to them.

So it's up to the individual "birther" for the reasons they follow this insane pseudo conspiracy theory.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Interesting read ... no doubt you are correct in some cases, in other folks it is simple political tactics, some are so knee deep in political kool-aid that they're essentially pawns of the former ... and some are bored and like a juicy conspiracy theory. Oh yes, and the patriotic constitutionalists like WND's Jerome Corsi who want to save us.

I think you might find this related article relevant, as it addresses the combination of birther and CT psychology. I'm not fully in agreement with the whole article, yet there are many valid points contained within.

Why the stories about Obama's birth certificate will never die

[edit on 2 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

very interesting, ill go check that out

the reason i ran home and posted this is that i was just out at the mall in my local town, and heard a woman in the hallway SCREAMING at a black guy - they were arguing over the validity of Obamas citizenship.

Ill give you two guesses who was pro-common sense and who said obama's not really a citizen.

edit to add - i agree with the both of you in saying that not all birthers are suffering from this terrible mental illness.

but the ones who aren't, and still participate in its continued spread, are far worse off, imo.

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The founding fathers put the natural born citizen requirement in the Constituation, because they knew that one day a foriegner would try to take over our government from the inside.

They were right.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

thanks for that wtfathon. obama pays millions to hide his background, what's that all about? that alone should be enough to raise your eyebrows. apparently your'e too desensitized to care about anything.

did you join this site just to come show off your thundercat avatar and complain about birthers? obama is full of bs like 99% of the politicians out there. it's his duty to catch hell for it just like the others did.

*snip* yes, somethings in this world are ... gasp ... important you wouldn't have a problem understanding the birthers.

as far as some of them being racist. so what? are you telling me you don't mind have a sitting president that could have zero loyalty to this country as long as the proof doesn't come from a racist?

and what about obama's "church"? oh wow, gee that can't be racist can it? and if it is it must be whitie's fault right? cause no black man is ever racist. those poor people have it so so bad.

*snip*

good luck and have fun.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The founding fathers put the natural born citizen requirement in the Constituation, because they knew that one day a foriegner would try to take over our government from the inside.

They were right.

↑↑↑↑ Proof in the pudding. ↑↑↑↑

reply to post by Moodle

↑↑↑↑There's more of that narcissistic rage!↑↑↑↑

Name calling won't make your false argument any more truthful.

There is too much evidence to prove you wrong. You just refuse to acknowledge it.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

because they knew that one day a foriegner would try to take over our government from the inside. They were right.

Lucky for you then that Obama was born in the USA as a Natural Born Citizen, and will stop any "foriegner" trying to take over the government!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

They were right.

Perhaps they were, but either way Obama is still american.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle
obama pays millions to hide his background, what's that all about?

That is just another Birther lie, Obama's lawyer in these silly cases works pro bono, as already stated here!

as far as some of them being racist. so what?

So you think racism is acceptable? That tells a lot about you

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just dropped in to remind you that 'Birther' has now become a derogatory term... not to mention a STRAW MAN(AKA a logical FALLACY used in arguing).

I question Obama's eligibility...

So let me save you some time for you:

I'm obviously deranged.

Questioning my superiors is not allowed.

I was not outspoken until Obama came along.

Therefore I'm probably racist.

It couldn't possibly be that there is actually some merit to the (best)arguments about his eligibility. After all, look at all the awesome things he has accomplished!... that I can't seem to be able to find...

Oh yeah, he got the Nobel peace prize!!!

And is also escalating war-time tensions the world over...

And finally, I will comment on your obviously rhetorical thread title... by posing a ridiculous rhetoricals myself.

Are all people that don't think a new independent investigation into Obama's eligibility is needed, are they all bandwaggoned, mentally handicapped, incompetent fools?

Birthers are a group all to their own - proof in the fact that a term had to be invented to describe them. Now, it'll not be kept secret that i have a deep loathing for these individuals...not because i support Obama (because i do not) but because i have a deep seeded hatred for down right deliberately insane acts of stupidity. Birthers, in my opinion, embody that.

Just a loaded, ignorant post altogether. But you know me, I'm just a heretic spouting blasphemy.

I really hope Obama discloses aliens and free energy, because that will make me feel good again about him - like want to. I really want to believe that he is perfectly eligible, but my rationality needs more crisp clean information.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Questioning my superiors is not allowed.

I was not outspoken until Obama came along.

Therefore I'm probably racist.

Now, you're playing the role of a victim?

Obama's citizenship has been proven. You have been given the evidence you need to shut up about it, but you refuse to accept it for what it is.

This isnt akin to "proving God does or does not exist" - this is quite the opposite in fact. you have REAL, tangible, hard core proof that Obama IS a citizen yet you choose to deny it.

That is the real definition of slight mental illness. As the OP suggests.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'll agree with you on that. Most of these 'birthers' are only upset because it's a guy from the opposite party. I'd bet a million dollars that if a Republican did these things, they'd be silent. They certainly weren't complaining when Bush was spending and expanding the government more than ever before.

Especially when you consider both McCain and Obama were funded by the SAME individuals and lobbyists. It wasn't an election, it was a choice. "Pick one- the young black guy or the old white guy. Either way, they'll do exactly as we say." BOTH were linked directly to the CFR and their shadowy counterparts. Isn't that something to consider, rather than just if Obama is a citizen? He's been proven to be, okay, I get that. Now, focus on something tangible, otherwise you're wasting time and making everyone else look bad.

And you're right, I've seen many birthers in real life who will fly into a blind rage at anything remotely linked to the Democrats. Where was that anger when your beloved Republicans did the same? I suppose that Texas governor who's working with ATF at gun shows is okay, right?

One thing's for sure- these birthers are hurting the true awoken movement by making everyone look nuts. We know the GOP has hijacked these tea parties, GOP officials tied to the CFR, Bilderberg, Skull and Bones, etc. These are our heroes? Really? Bull#.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Darky5K]

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

For some, it's pure racism pure and simple. (oh they won't admit it in a million years, but it's true.)

For some, it's deep seeded hatred for the Left.

For others, it's because they hate the government so much that anything that discredits that government appeals to them.

So it's up to the individual "birther" for the reasons they follow this insane pseudo conspiracy theory.

This is funny - because You are so wrong.
It's about transparency and truth.
It's about truth.
It's about truth.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
This is funny - because You are so wrong.
It's about transparancy and truth.
It's about truth.
It's about truth.

So, none of them are racist, or just being partisan?

That's a loaded statement

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It's about truth.

If it was about truth, then why do birthers refuse to accept the truth - that Obama was born in Hawaii, and is the legal POTUS?

Because it is not about the truth at all, one just has to look at the birther lies about Obama!

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So what's the name of the hospital where Barry was born?

And why oh why doesn't he shut us all up by showing us the "long-form" birth certificate?

And why can't we see his parent's marriage certificate?

And why can't we see his college records?

For a man who ran on "transparency" he's awfully hypocritical. What's he hiding? And why are you defending his hypocrisy?

link   
reply to post by Snarf

Nicely written, erisian. I like it when people can formulate strings of words that make sense. Those birthers ain't worthy of your hatred, though. Save it for Goliath.

link   

Originally posted by dereks

It's about truth.

If it was about truth, then why do birthers refuse to accept the truth - that Obama was born in Hawaii, and is the legal POTUS?

Because it is not about the truth at all, one just has to look at the birther lies about Obama!

People are ready to ask the hard questions.
They want to know that the lies are no longer easy for the PTB to tell.
They want to know that there is justice - and that everyone - no matter who they are - are going to have to tell the truth.

We are just finally there.
We are tired of the system and those running it -
doing whatever they like - whenever they like.
It's an evolutionary process that's taking place.
It isn't about Obama -
It's much bigger than him.
It's about the whole way the world is being run.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Conspiracy thinking is dangerous because it does not correctly associate blame, and in doing so, has people fighting a chimera they can never defeat while ignoring real problems. It is a form of scapegoating, where we identify a conscious evil entity instead of the actual enemy, which is a system design that institutes radical evil, or the mundane form of accepted ways of doing things that produces negative results by its lack of realism.

All opinions are of equal validity, but the only determination of "worth" is how well they work in the real world. If we all had our opinions, and refused to change, there would be zero consensus on any issue. For this reason, we discipline our "opinions" (an ambiguous word that can include preferences, beliefs, fond notions, illusions, psychiatric dysfunctions as well as logical responses to the world around us in idea form) to what the best among us can perceive of reality, as this consistently produces the best results.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join