It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do Birthers suffer from advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The fact that you're diagnosing psychoses without using the proper vehicle reminds me of a group - you dont wanna know who. So I think you are just looking for a new method to attack some group you hate.

Schizophrenia simplistically:

1. During one month or more, a significant portion of time is taken up by bizarre delusions that are hallucinations consisting of two or more voices conversing with each other or of a voice that affects a person's behaviors or thoughts or at least two of the following:

delusions
hallucinations
grossly disorganized behavior
catatonic behavior
negative symptoms

2. For a significant portion of time, due to the disturbance, marked impairment is noticed in academics, interpersonal relationships, self-care, work or any other major area of functioning.

3. Symptoms are continuous and persist for at least six months.

4. The disturbance is not due to a Pervasive Developmental Disorder, substance abuse, general medical condition or another mental disorder.

And there are many different types of schizophrenia some even seem not inter-related.

A psychological disorder is ONLY disgnosed when it impairs regular functioning ie. if someone spends all their time trying to convince others Obama is a foreigner and lsoes sleep, or condition degrades (mentally) or their hygiene severely suffers, etc, THEN you can diagnose as a disorder.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I may as well add in Narcissistic personality disorder:

Narcissistic personality is characterized by behavior or a fantasy of grandiosity, a lack of empathy and a need to be admired by others. Narcissistic personality has a pathological unrealistic or inflated sense of self-importance, has an inability to see the viewpoints of others, and is hypersensitive to the opinions of others.

. Behavior or a fantasy of grandiosity, a lack of empathy and a need to be admired by others. As indicated by at least five of the following:

Grandiose sense of self-importance.
Fantasies of and preoccupied with beauty, brilliance, ideal love, power, or unlimited success.
A belief of being special and unique and can only be understood or a need to associate with people of high status.
A need for excessive admiration.
An unreasonable expectation of being treated with favor or excepting an automatic compliance to her / his wishes.
Will use others to achieve her / his goals.
Lacks empathy.
Believes others are envious of her / him or is envious of others.
Contemptuous or haughty attitudes / behaviors.

So do you find your hasty psychological assessment accurate now, or was there never any point to be accurate, just attack them?

Maybe I should point out now that I am not a birther (though dont discount the possibility), just a concerned psychologist
lol

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by beebs

Questioning my superiors is not allowed.

I was not outspoken until Obama came along.

Therefore I'm probably racist.

Now, you're playing the role of a victim?

Obama's citizenship has been proven. You have been given the evidence you need to shut up about it, but you refuse to accept it for what it is.

This isnt akin to "proving God does or does not exist" - this is quite the opposite in fact. you have REAL, tangible, hard core proof that Obama IS a citizen yet you choose to deny it.

That is the real definition of slight mental illness. As the OP suggests.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Snarf]

You base this truth on what evidence? Last I checked there was more questions then answers about his place of birth. So much so that there is a judicial hearing scheduled.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I'll address this:

A psychological disorder is ONLY disgnosed when it impairs regular functioning ie. if someone spends all their time trying to convince others Obama is a foreigner and lsoes sleep, or condition degrades (mentally) or their hygiene severely suffers, etc, THEN you can diagnose as a disorder.

Now let me tell you what I've read here, and, what you can find here on this very board. There are threads where people say they will BASH Obama every chance they get. Moreover, there are some who admit that posting here about Obama helps them cope in the real world. Moreover, some of these individuals have openly admitted that their behavior is unhealthy or that their emotions get the best of them.

Now I can't call anyone out by name because that would be considered an attack, but you can do a search and you'll see what I'm referring to.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Did you ever think that JUST maybe, you are feeding the frenzy?

You never even take the time yourself, to answer the legitimate questions they have, do you?

I think a little bit of narcissm can be placed on you and other that cannot even acknowledge the secrecy behind Obama. It could even be called fear. Fear of the very thing you rail against, that Obama, may not be who you think he is.

Others like me, will give the benefit of the doubt when certain proofs are shown.

But people like you and other anti-birthers cannot even acknowledge the lack of disclosure to his past.

Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by antideceit

People just don't give a crap that Obama happens to be black, so the racism card doesn't fly at all.

Oh how wrong you are:

even this very website contains hundreds of posts that accuse Obama of "blingin out the white house"

among various other things.

Racism was astounding in this election.
The only people denying that are, as the OP suggests, suffering from some sort of mental illness (amnesia perhaps?) or closet racists themselves.

NOBODY is saying that not agreeing with Obama is racist (except for obama detractors who are making it up to make themselves look like victims)

BUT

Reasonable human beings ARE saying that if you go to a protest with signs or tee shirts like or similar to the ones depicted in this post, or if you rally and say "Obama is a MUSLIM. Obama is a KENYAN. LIke it is some how a sin to be either......

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Snarf]

I see some racists it is true, also there will always be ways to show this or that to be true...
I think Obama is a racist himself. He has even said so before in quite a few ways and lots of different times.
It is true there will always be racism,
but my point earlier was to show that the racism seen is not coming from racists, it is being manufactured by people that think they are helping obama by accusing others of racism when it didn't occur.
for example... when someone disagrees with or says they can't stand obama, that person must be a racist.
I have lots of friends, some have even shown "redneck" traits, but none of them care at all what color obama's skin is, they just don't like his "maoist" "marxist" "communist" policies

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't think it's so much schizophrenia as it would be racism. I think it's really just ethnocentrism.

Ethnocentrism is the tendency to believe that one's ethnic or cultural group is centrally important, and that all other groups are measured in relation to one's own. The ethnocentric individual will judge other groups relative to their own particular ethnic group or culture, especially with concern to language, behavior, customs, and religion.

Some reasons I draw this conclusion:
He's black; not necessarily racist in tone, just that he's 'different.'

He's worldly; traveled all over the world and grew up exposed to 'other than american' cultures.

He bows to people; I really don't think this is so much subserviance as it is a form of showing respect, much like in Japan.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Did you ever think that JUST maybe, you are feeding the frenzy?

No, their frenzies and madness were before I made my first post on this board. Pages 642-647 of the Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders (vol 2) covers why they are mentally unstable and EMPIRE is not listed as a reason.

You never even take the time yourself, to answer the legitimate questions they have, do you?

Yes I do, in fact I did it for YOU and you NEVER responded but left the thread. Here you go, sport.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In addition, if you really pay attention to that thread you’ll see I was constantly attacked, stayed on topic and presented questions that people refused to address, and note, the questions were derived from what they actually typed.

I think a little bit of narcissm can be placed on you and other that cannot even acknowledge the secrecy behind Obama. It could even be called fear. Fear of the very thing you rail against, that Obama, may not be who you think he is.

He may not be what I think he is? I’ve constantly said he is a puppet. I have constantly said he is no different from any politician. See, Obama is not what YOU thought he was which is why you’re all emotional and butt hurt. Me, I knew what the deal was beforehand which is why I couldn’t care less about Obama.

Others like me, will give the benefit of the doubt when certain proofs are shown.

No you won’t. In the thread referenced I gave you a link to the statement made by the person who actually saw the birth certificate. You then posted up some unknown link and complained about god knows what. And let me remind you, the lady also referenced her previous statement but you still cried for more. You people simply can’t be pleased and there is no reasoning with you. As I’ve said in the referenced thread, the guy can give you everything under the sun and you people will still say it’s fake and will still link him to Satan.

But people like you and other anti-birthers cannot even acknowledge the lack of disclosure to his past.

Nuff said.

Please refer to all my posts in the referenced thread.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactingMyRight
So much so that there is a judicial hearing scheduled.

When for, where, and which Judge?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Well, that is a pretty good example my friend because I have personally seen people say "I will bash ____ every chance I get" for various people/groups. But for one I take that as exaggeration and two I take it as fanaticism - it is perfectly possible to be fanatic with out it being a psychological disorder.

EVERYONE'S emotions get the better of them at least once in life, in Disorders there is a thing about norms and what extends it in to disorder - take for instance a man whose wife of 30 years dies. For months he can not sleep and is depressed feelings of loneliness or suicide etc...

Is it abnormal? No, some things may be 'detrimental' but not 'abnormal', everyone is very passionate about some thing and until it affects the way they live, relationships, impairs functioning (sleep) etc, it is 'normal'. There is normal 'everyday' depression and there is clinical, for example. One very normal the other not.

Politics is intrinsically linked with psychology (in fact I take political psychology too!) and people enjoy feeling part of a group and one way to make your group feel better is to berate the opposing group, and exaggerate their defeats belittle their successes.

For Obama yes there are racists yes there are fanatics and there are conspiracy theorists, people possibly suffering from disorders about it, and people like me. I originally loved him made my niddle name on facebook Hussein to illustrate how absurdly irrelevent that point is but after a while seeing how he is exactly a continuation of Bush, well I hate him. Not racist, just against new world orders and world leaders who are DECIDED to be in power in an illusory system of democracy where real decisions are made by the few rich and powerful and will only get in power if they can be exploited by these people.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Ridhya]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Not just the birthers, but I agree with you. When people start to figure out that much of the individuals doing the dangerous stuff and expounding hate are mentally and emotionally disturbed, they will finally know that stroking hatred isn't a good idea. It can come back at you and destroy you.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

See, you did it here. You do not debate, you attack whilst getting emotional. It is unbecoming.

As I said, being vehement one way or the other, is a problem. I like to go into those threads and pick up info. The latest on the Hawaiian Official statement, had not been brought up to me before. That shows you how long I had investigated the birther movement. And I did pull my comments and posted that they had been proven mistaken. See, I can admit mistakes, people that cannot or people that HAVE to be right-have a disorder.

So no, I am not a birther. What I find ironic, is you and others like you, have to use emotional and other attacks because you cannot see the problem.

It is called transparency. I am done here.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
can 1 b skitzo on & off? i'd advise u 2 visit the survival function on this site 4 what may really matter in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another line is......sht, this your op & some og the responses truely FRIGHTENS me!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I would say that despite of some that fall in line with that assessment, the majority are simply curious bystanders that have been lumped into group those that have delusions of superiority because their man is in office and therefore they are correct. Not just on the issue of birth location but on everything Obama.

A good extreme example would be the woman that believe she would not have to worry about rent, car payments or gasoline once Obama was elected. Or the news man that got the tingle up the leg when Obama spoke.

Personally, I feel that far too many have been encouraged to join different bandwagons specifically for the fact that if enough people are infighting they are less apt to pay attention to their surroundings. The people became a little too united for the comfort factor of those that to do their things unobserved. Usually we consider such action behind the scenes criminal.

But so long as people are hung up on this issue, why would Obama want to show it and get it over? It just means detractors will focus on something else like his policies. But the kool-aid is still free even if it not as free flowing as it once was.

As for me and my opinion on the birth issue, I take the position of "well if you have nothing to hide..." It is more of a stance of a raised middle finger to those that supported the Patriot Act (the whole of the Federal gov't) under the aspects of "you have nothing to worry about unless you have something to hide."

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

This theory is not about the truth, if it were about the truth it would have ended a long time ago when Obama put his Birth Certificate online and Hawaii confirmed that he was indeed born in Hawaii.

It's not about the truth at all. It's a pseudo conspiracy theory, built on a foundation of racism, framed with lies, and finished off with politics.

If Obama was indeed born in Kenya, there would have been no way he would have ever gotten to where he is. Clinton wouldn't have let it happen, she would have destroyed him before the primary, even if that didn't happen, McCain sure as hell would have. But because he was born in Hawaii, and a natural born Citizen, he is completely eligible for the office of POTUS.

But Birthers insist on believing every single lie that WND and Orly Taitz spew out there, because it helps them feel better about their closeted racism. They can point to "the conspiracy" and say that is the reason.

Birthers insist on believing every single retarded (and I do use that word in its correct definition.) court case will be the be all end all of this issue, then are quietly disappointed when at the end they don't see a black man hang.

Birthers will still bark at the moon until at least January 20, 2013, (at the earliest) if not January 20, 2017 (at the latest) because when Obama is out of office on either one of those dates, that is when this moronic, stupid, asinine, childish, crazy, pseudo conspiracy theory will end.

Birthers don't understand that this theory actually helps the left and Obama. The more this is out there, the more people talk about it the worse the Right looks. This theory actually undermines the Tea party movement, and any candidate that is dumb enough to endorse this pathetic conspiracy theory nonsense puts their political career in jeopardy.

It's not about the truth, cause the truth was shown, birthers didn't like it, Orly Taitz is completely insane and obsessed, and so this theory muddles on, rejected by anyone with an ounce of common sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Kind of makes one think. I didn't question any other President's nationality until Barack Hussein Obama II became elected. I don't go around arguing the issue with others either though. I also find it strange that even people who voted and support Obama do not use nor say his middle name. At all and that can be said for other Presidents too, but more so with him. Even compared to past Presidents and former ones no one ever seems to say "President Obama", they just refer to him as "Obama" and that includes the Sunday lineup of politico shows and the evening news too. While I tend to think he IS a citizen I do not have an issue (nor think I'm mentally altered or impaired) for wanting to see a complete finality in this question. I can see where he has sidestepped the issue and that begs people to question it more even if he is legit.

My opinion is that we seem to be in some sort of grey matter zone where we did elect a President but at the same time its like we don't have one either. This guy is just assuming the role until the next election when we can elect a real one and in the meantime, we hope he dosen't screw things up in the process too bad until them. But no, I think people have a right to question anything of their President and by doing so does not mean they are mentally unfit, it just means they probably just don't like who won the election.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Don't worry. All states are transitory.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
[edit on 3-2-2010 by brageboogie]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It shouldn't and deosn't really matter what people who question things suffer from, unless suffering from wanting to know the truth is a condition that can be dealt with by medical means , jargon or medication.
If there is nothing to hide why was one of Obama's FIRST tasks in the White House was to hide the birth certificate and withhold information about it? If there is nothing wrong why hide it?
Yes some people do go overboard, but sometimes to make people realise there is something amiss , drastic steps must be taken.
Birthers are no different, calling them 'insane' , 'paranoid' or 'schizo' is just another term to say " shut up or you'll be branded a weirdo".

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
edited..

[edit on 3-2-2010 by December_Rain]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join