It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spray-on liquid glass is about to revolutionize almost everything

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
No more baths for filthy people! :-P

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Originally posted by TheComte

Aspartame, Citric Acid, MSG.

Do the research. They are in your food everyday and they are hazzardaous to your health. 2 tablespoons of MSG will Kill a Dog!

I'm not arguing with you here, because I know that you are correct, but I would like to point out that a large bar of dark chocolate will kill a dog!

You really need to think about how much MSG would kill a human.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

iwishthereweremorecomedianonlineherereightnow

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yep, second paragraph:

The flexible and breathable glass coating is approximately 100 nanometres thick (500 times thinner than a human hair), and so it is completely undetectable. It is food safe, environmentally friendly (winner of the Green Apple Award) and it can be applied to almost any surface within seconds . When coated, all surfaces become easy to clean and anti- microbially protected (Winner of the NHS Smart Solutions Award ). Houses, cars, ovens, wedding dress or any other protected surface become stain resistant
www.nanopool.eu...

Made from quartz sand

Wow, excellent post, who would have thought.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It would be nice if they could make a fllexible version (If it isnt already). My kids clothes would never need boil washing again.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
this is a top technology - and the first thing i want to see it applied to is climbing ropes

hey they may be along way down most peoples list of priorities

but lives depend on them

and as the 3 main " threats " are :

1 - UV radiation

2 - acid errosion [ nylon ropes ] alkali errosion [ polyester ropers ]

3 - mechanical abrasion

the properties of this stuff SEEM to offer a solution to points one and 2

which means that ropes can be left ` in situ ` and we dont have to scrap ropes after a single job because chemincal contaminants were present

what just leaves 3 - which is simply good working practice

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

You a Floyd fan primus2012?

(sig line from 'the wall' yeah?)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Heh..we have a similar expression here in the UK!

I wouldn't even touch her with yours!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
For the sake of our globe, I hope this does revolutionize agriculture.

We can grow more than we do.

The government puts a cap on how much farmers can grow. The more product there is, the cheaper it generally is. The cheaper it is, the less taxes that can be gained from it. Taxes are not a flat rate, but they are a percentage. If you can get 10 apples instead of 3 for a buck, then you will only pay (in New York states) 7 cents more for those 10 apples($1.07). If you paid the full price for 10 apples, you'd be paying $0.23 in taxes on those apples. Imagine... the apple eating world giving that much more taxes to the government.

I DO NOT WANT THEM PUTTING THAT STUFF ON MY FOOD. They had better not already be using that stupid liquid glass to grow food crops. These scientists are getting dumber by the day. These same scientists talk about how humans are changing and adapting to viruses and bacteria - also that plants and animals "evolve" to fit eachother. Okay...

So if that is true, then why would you hypocrites start spraying our crops with SILICON. We are carbon based, or so I thought.

Nanotechnology, yes... what a wonder.

This stuff is NOT non-toxic. I don't care what they advertise and shame on the poster who said, "Well, they said it is non-toxic, so I don't know why it would be." Really? You're at ATS. You just said that?

I bet if I sprayed this stuff right into your eyes, you'd be pissed. I bet if I sprayed this stuff right on your food, you'd be pissed.

Get ---real---. Why can't people just deal with the minor problems in life instead of constantly trying to make things "better"? We as people would deal more easily with little inconveniences if we cared to pay attention to the good things in life.

But it looks like that those who wish to make things easier are only going to make things a little bit worse.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched_Ohio

True.

But i'm liking the idea of a fire proofing use for this material.

Silicon is fire proof and resists high temps..this stuff could be used for spray on gaskets and fire doors/walls etc.

This may put an end to houses burning down too.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pointedstick

Ahha, as for putting grafitti monsters out of business, you kinda answered that one yourself.

All they have to do, is get a can of 'Splass', mix in some pigment, and they can spray coloured liquid glass...oops.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yep, second paragraph:

The flexible and breathable glass coating is approximately 100 nanometres thick (500 times thinner than a human hair), and so it is completely undetectable. It is food safe, environmentally friendly (winner of the Green Apple Award) and it can be applied to almost any surface within seconds . When coated, all surfaces become easy to clean and anti- microbially protected (Winner of the NHS Smart Solutions Award ). Houses, cars, ovens, wedding dress or any other protected surface become stain resistant
www.nanopool.eu...

Made from quartz sand

Wow, excellent post, who would have thought.

I got an idea. Why don't we learn how to mold and modify every substance ... no wait, why not just the entire planet. Let's change the entire planet into a giant penis.

That's what we're being by constantly changing everything on this planet into something man-made. Of course, not yet, but we've gotta find a good selfish reason for it.

Which is so incredibly ironic because these technologies make us pay less attention to detail -- we become less worrisome and less responsible for our own actions. We become slower, stupider, oh my gosh! What is wrong with people?!

You know what... I'll just let it go now. Solomon did say that everything in life is vanity and he was mostly right. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that we could spray our foods with silicon glass. Now eating is no longer vanity.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Depends on how viscous the liquid is.

If it is in an atomised, fine spray then breathing it in is almost certain, but if it is in a gloopy, thicker consistency, then it probably won't be a problem..probably.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Earlier somebody posted about using it on their magic wand, so I won't post about that.

But what if some evil bastard jumped you in a dark alley and sprayed a can of liquid glass down your throat, coating your lungs and stomach with glass?!

I don't like the sound of this new technology.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I must say, this reminds me of Farenheit 451! Chalk one up to Ray Bradbury! The end of home fires!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

I DO NOT WANT THEM PUTTING THAT STUFF ON MY FOOD. They had better not already be using that stupid liquid glass to grow food crops. These scientists are getting dumber by the day. These same scientists talk about how humans are changing and adapting to viruses and bacteria - also that plants and animals "evolve" to fit eachother. Okay...

So if that is true, then why would you hypocrites start spraying our crops with SILICON. We are carbon based, or so I thought.
Nanotechnology, yes... what a wonder.
This stuff is NOT non-toxic. I don't care what they advertise and shame on the poster who said, "Well, they said it is non-toxic, so I don't know why it would be." Really? You're at ATS. You just said that?
I bet if I sprayed this stuff right into your eyes, you'd be pissed. I bet if I sprayed this stuff right on your food, you'd be pissed.
Get ---real---. Why can't people just deal with the minor problems in life instead of constantly trying to make things "better"? We as people would deal more easily with little inconveniences if we cared to pay attention to the good things in life.
But it looks like that those who wish to make things easier are only going to make things a little bit worse.

This definitely seems like a knee-jerk reaction. Silicon is an inert substance. It doesn't react with anything. In this case, they wouldn't spray it on your food, but on seeds, which will germinate and grow quicker.

The whole reason we live as long as we do is because of that push to make things better. Today, there are less people dying of starvation and disease than ever before because of those advancements.

Water is toxic. I'll bet if you were to breathe water for more than 3 minutes, you'd die. Yet it's everywhere! THIS is the knee jerk reaction that prevents progress. While progress isn't always good, science has given us MANY more benefits than liabilities. Luddite behavior kills. It would surprise me if you weren't into phrenology and bleeding to let the evil blood out to cure your ills. Technology is not a panacea, but it's better than just leaving everything alone to it's own end...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
Earlier somebody posted about using it on their magic wand, so I won't post about that.

But what if some evil bastard jumped you in a dark alley and sprayed a can of liquid glass down your throat, coating your lungs and stomach with glass?!

I don't like the sound of this new technology.

I doubt there'd by any more of those than people who would jump you in a dark alley and sprayed water down your throat. You've been watching too many Saw movies...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Amazing! I love nanotechnology, it will revolutionize the world.

From the article:

"But it does not stop there - the coatings are now also recognised as being suitable for agricultural and in-vivo application. Vines coated with SiO2 don’t suffer from mildew, and coated seeds grow more rapidly without the need for anti-fungal chemicals. This will result in farmers in enjoying massively increased yields . ...

Have to disagree...don't mess with mother nature.

As I understand it, many of the anti-oxidant properties of foods derive from the immunities that the plants evolve to combat mildew, fungus etc.

If implemented on a global scale it is possible we might see greater crop yields of foods with less benefits to our already deprived immune systems.

For example..
The grape plant has the ability to produce resveratrol as its own natural defense against fungus infection. This process wherein the grape plant produces resveratrol to fight off or kill fungus is the protective mechanism.

I am sure we reap countless benefits in the form of nutrition and various antioxidants that result from various crops fighting off disease via natural mechanisms. Removing that natural process can't be good. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Amazing! I love nanotechnology, it will revolutionize the world.

From the article:

"But it does not stop there - the coatings are now also recognised as being suitable for agricultural and in-vivo application. Vines coated with SiO2 don’t suffer from mildew, and coated seeds grow more rapidly without the need for anti-fungal chemicals. This will result in farmers in enjoying massively increased yields . Trials for in-vivo applications are subject to a degree of secrecy, but Neil McClelland, the UK Project Manager for Nanopool GmbH, describes the results as “stunning”.
“Items such as stents can be coated, and this will create anti sticking features - catheters , and sutures which are a source of infection, will also cease to be problematic.”

This spray might be effectively anti-NWO too.
No need for chemicals, no need for pollutants, no need for regulations to protect us, carbon taxes etc, no need for fake revolutions to waste our money to, "green revolution" etc.

Maybe we can just spray with this and all those influential clowns that always claim they are saving humanity whatever they do will be gone in an instant.
Kind to think of it. If you just find ONE way to get read of bacteria, once and for all either on earth or at space environment wouldn't that classify as a thing of a type 2 civilization? I wonder.
Getting rid of all those clowns and marching on our own, with our ingenuity and self motivation-inspiration would surely be a type 2 thingy.
Go nanopool!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Any aersol can will be dangerous to the lungs especially as one member stated that when the substance turns from liquid to a dry substance it will leave dust particles making it just as dangerous as asbestos.

--but i don't buy it! If you've ever noticed with products purchased in the past the manufacturer's will display on the ingredients list only what they want the consumer to see and not entirely 100% factual ingredients.

So they may say its non-toxic but give it a few years in the line of production and lets see if it really does what it says on the bottle. We wouldn't want half the population dieing due to a new so-called revolutionized product on the market.

I mean THEY are trying new means of ways to depopulate a majority of the people of this planet if you've not noticed weird occurances in the last 12 months.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join