It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Nuclear Bomb: The Veteran's Accusation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In the investigative Report on RAI NEWS 24 an Italian Tv Channel News, an American veteran, Jim Brown, who participated in "Desert Storm" accuses the Us Administration of having used a small nuclear penetration bomb with an energy of 5 kilotons between the Iraqi town of Basra and the border with Iran.

Jim Brown Veteran "First Gulf War"

The journalist Maurizio Torrealta has wondered to the Pentagon if during the First Gulf War, a nuclear bomb was used. The answer from Pentagon has been:

Mr. Torrealta,
In response to your query I can provide you with the following:
Only conventional munitions were used during the Gulf War in 1991. The U.S maintains a number of munitions that have an explosive capability of 5000 pounds and larger. It is not possible for us to confirm the exact incident that you are referring to, but if a large bomb was dropped in that location it is reasonable to assume that the detonation would register on seismological detection equipment. Again, only conventional munitions were used during the 1991 Gulf War.
Regards
Daniel J. W. King
LTC, USA
Chief, Operations
CENTCOM Public Affairs
Civ (813) 827-5895

To a successive verification, consulting the "Seismological International Center on line data archive" he found that in the area indicated by the veteran, (Basra and the border with Iran) a seismic event with a power of 5 kilotons (4.2 Richter) was registered the last day of the conflict!

This hint requires a lot of verifications and RAINEWS24 want to carry them out involving journalists from other countries, seismological centers that have registered the event, to whom ask more data about seismic waves and last but not least international organizations that have the task to monitor nuclear activities.

Video and data in english.
Source:
www.rainews24.it...

Data on the health situation in Basra Iraq. The file contains some photos, crude and realistic, produced by Dr. Jawad al Ali, oncologist of the Basra's hospital.

Data on seismic events in the area registered in February 1991 as reported on the ISC website.

The 4.2 magnitude earthquake datum found during Iraqui War "Desert Storm" operations.

The text of the 2 letters from the American Defense Department.

Removed 'All Caps' from title

[edit on 2/2/10 by masqua]

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Good find.

What do you think they used it on?

(why so much firepower)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sounds like some propaganda because Iran is getting ready to use nukes and would like to blame the US for it's actions.
Nuclear fallout isn't something easy to hide. There would be major tons of evidence that indicates nuclear radiation. And that's just not the case.
There will be, however, tons of fallout on Feb 11th if Amadinejad comes through with his promise.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have heard about this before. Its certainly interesting. I have also heard about a possible 3rd nuke used in Japan during WWII - However its all speculation. I haven't ever actually researched it to find out.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Good find.

What do you think they used it on?

(why so much firepower)

Thanks.
I have not an answer to your question.

Please watch the original video interview in english into the "Rai News 24" site. A really deep investigations and some very interesting clues.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It is worthwhile to point out that Depleted Uranium is not highly
radioactive. However, it is quite toxic. Much of the harmful effects
of contamination is from the toxicity not the radioactivity.

From wikipedia:

"The chemical toxicity of depleted uranium is about a million times
greater in vivo than its radiological hazard.[66]"

From the video it appears that the concentration of cancers is from
the area of the reported explosion. IMIO( in my ignorant opinion), this
supports a bomb source over a depleted Uranium source.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This has been floating around in conspiracy circles and been disproven on many levels mainly radiation levels.

Saddam Hussein did have a nuclear program in development which the Israeli's scuttled in 1982, but there may have been some residual materials or traces around somewhere.

Keep in mind there were people with supposed evidence showing the WTC was nuked.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What I find alarming in the veteran military Ingeneer Jim Brown story is that he says that has been a micro nuke explosion (5 kilotons) in a place to the border between Iraq and Iran near Bassora, and effectively right in that area, at the same time, has been a superficial earthquake (=0 to 30 km. depht) of 4.2 Richter; a power right 5 kilotons.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What kind of seismic signature does a fuel air explosive (or equivalent) leave? If large conventional daisy cutter or large bunker-buster trigger a smaller seismic event, then that would lend credence to the nuclear detonation theory.

top topics

join