It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns Obama not to meet Dalai Lama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
China needs to blow the blow aside.

As a resident of the U.S and against the CCP due to their horrible human rights records (worse than the U.S if you can believe that!), I want the U.S to shove its imperialistic shaft up the dumpster of the Chinese government.

Many forget that the super powers of our world got there from their OWN POWER and ABUSE of others.

We are raised in a competitive country...so for that I want the U.S to continue to stand high on the ladder for my own personal benefit.

I would take a hit in my moral nuts rather than living in economic poverty.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is quite a funny thread actually

I love how it derailed into anti/pro US chatter, even though none of the players even played a part in what they were talking about (unless watching old films while eating some cheese puffs off your shirt is contributing).

And then you got China making a blanket statement that nobody should meet this chap...suddenly Obama either must meet him to spite China and call upon WW3 potentially, alternatively not meet him and become a lapdog of china...nevermind what he himself chose beforehand (no plans to in the first place).

following these threads, one could simply label amost everyone on earth as highly insane...luckily this is just ATS and not "real people".

Obama...meet the Dalai Lama..if you want...or dont. your choice, frankly, I dont care, and 1/6th of the US will disapprove no matter what you do...ignore them.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oops double post.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by antar]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To hell with the over zealous, global dominant wanna-be censoring China and what 'they' want or feel in the position to demand of MY Country and its elected officials.

No matter how much influence they have been allowed to think they have, their house of cards may fall in the future if they push this on any further than they already have .

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

www.abovetopsecret.com...

China has been mucking around with Tibet / Dalai Lama for years.

Torture is an everyday reality in Tibet. Torture is used by China as a weapon against dissent, creating a climate of fear.

Many of the Tibetian people have been "relocated" and suffer many hardships.

video.google.com...#

video.google.com...=937880463942961046

I'm boycotting anything made in China and wouldn't attend the Olympics there if you paid me.

Barbaric country.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Has it struck anyone that this little gambit is an example of China trying to play at international politics using the US example? Frankly, they don't have the juice as yet, but it's interesting to watch them try. After all, they did learn from the best.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just do not understand it all, I had the americans down for an in-your face-interfering kind of posture , to not let anyone have any peace without someone who doesn't have any business poking their nose in . Yet here they are complaining about it . It sounds like they do not like it . It goes against everything I have ever envisaged about them . Against everything I have ever seen to date . People would tell me that it's just hypocrisy , but I cannot believe that . When have the americans ever been hypocrites ? , I can never recall a time .

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Drexl, there are many people who are so very deeply connected to the life of the Tibetans under Chinese control and domination. We did all we could to raise our voices and hearts to the situation just a year ago when all of the civilians and Tibetan Llamas and Monks were being dragged into the streeets or hauled off to be reconditioned, charged for their non compliance and even killed.

Remember that we are not our politicians. We are just as vulnerable as the next person when it comes to the NWO and its direction.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
China's commie rulers are terrified of the Dalai Lama-because he shows a non violent way of living in harmony with the earth and its people.

This is the binary opposite of how the Chinese commies do things,so they will always clash IMO.

Obama-go and meet the Dalai lama I say,make it a big media thing,and do not let those organ stealing dog eating totalitarian slave driver commies tell you what you can do,or who you can meet-its non of their business,no matter how much you owe them for all that sub standard toxic plastic crap you keep buying off them...

He has to meet him now hes been warned off IMO,otherwise the commies will push harder and harder,thinking the man has no spine.
That is NOT something you want the commies to believe IMO.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Aggie Man

You shouldn't say who does the U.S. tell china not to talk to
U.S. robs foreign nations of their sovereingty, telling another nation to not talk to a monk is pale in comparison.
This is beyond pot meets kettle.

It's okay to say China shouldn't tell Obama not to speak to the Lama, but don't say who do we say to don't do this or that.

That's all i'm saying.

Well, on the flip side, If I were China and the US had told me not to talk to someone....I would ignore that too.

It's NOT "the pot calling the kettle black". It's simply a belief that one nation should not interfere with another nation's business. By all means, if the US is telling China not to meet with other world leaders, then I would feel the same way....ignore the US.
This is getting weird.. where you guys gets your news ?

"a belief that one nation should not interfere with another nation's business." ??? USA interferes with other nations internal affairs everyday.. pick up a newspaper.. read the essence and ignore the propagada journalist input... it's always about other nations affair where us likes put a foot in to show they literally runs the world.

From Taiwan, Tibet and xinkiang it's all about China's interanl affairs. The US interfered in a chinese civil war (Taiwan), even placed the 7th fleet between the Taiwan striats to support the flee KMT. Tibet is recognised as part of China - just watch on google video "Why we fight" and that's in 1941, and certainly chian did not need to invade in 1959. Not to mention 200 years of unmentioned history. This meat eating Dalia Lama was also C. !. A supported and ran a insurgency. In the real world, he's a traitor. Lastly, if you all misinformed, Last year, pogoms was conducted in Tibet and Xinkiang, before the Olympic, the Western media calls them "Peaceful protestors" and even tried the best to mislead.

I could go on all day.. but I will be wasting my time, If people does not do basic research on matters before they post. Simply relying on the Mass media to instill your opinions, is what got your nation in Iraq. Simply put, your mass media are worldwide concerted propangada network.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by mobydog]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well - the US has kind of become a credit based economy. That is - they rely on foreign nations buying US debt to keep things going.

China is the biggest buyer and holder of that debt (Japan is 2nd).

From that I could see where China could get the idea they could toss their weight around.

Kind of like the bank holds the mortgage to your house - China is in the bank's position.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That is the same treat China gave The Netherlands to think about. Our prime minister folded...the coward.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I dont care how well their economy is, china is still not in the position to tell the united states of al countrys who and who not their allowed to meet with.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Come on Barry,just meet the man please,If not to show a bit of solidarity with the Tibetans,then at least to show the Chinese Government that you are not their beeatch.
You can do it Barry!Yes you can.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The Chinese are probably just building up on an engineered situation anyway , in response to the US's engineered situation of Taiwan to get a deal on Iran. Creating diplomatic bargaining chips . If the US can do it, why not the Chinese. They would want Obama to talk to this Dalai Lama as the repercussions would be the bargaining chip . Obama has to talk to him of course, to save face , allowing China their reaction and consequent leverage .

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Drexl]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
China response to the meeting:
news.bbc.co.uk...

"The behaviour of the US side seriously interferes in China's internal politics and seriously hurts the national feelings of the Chinese people," a ministry statement said.

The real test of US-China relations will not be the Dalai Lama but what happens on sanctions against Iran

We'll see what comes of this

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join