It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nagora UFO Photographs ~ Austria, 1971.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Interesting series of photographs taken by Rudi Nagora in Austria, 1971 - the witness stated the object made a whizzing sound, was silver in colour, disc shaped and flying in a zig-zag pattern.

The images were analyzed and deemed reliable by Richard Haines who is Senior Research Scientist at the NASA-Ames Research Centre but the object remains unidentified - if anyone has any more info on the pics please post.

1971, St. Lorenzen, Styria, Austria / Rudi Nagora Photographs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2a6ffb5248f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/462db4f5332c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71418b2d2bcc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f879981966b.jpg[/atsimg]

On May 23, 1971 at about 12:30 P M, one of the most convincing photographs of a UFO was taken by one Rudi Nagora, a Munich musician. Nagora, along with his wife, were vacationing near St. Lorenzen, Styria, Austria.
After finding a suitable place to park his car, Nagora left his wife inside the vehicle while he scouted the general area before the two of them ventured out.

Suddenly, he heard a "whizzing" sound coming from above. Looking up, he could clearly see a shining, silver disc which was between him and the cloud plane.

The object was moving in a zig-zag pattern. He ran back to his car, told his wife what he had seen, and grabbed his camera.

Pointing his Agfa-Click camera at the object, he took a full roll of 12 exposures, capturing several stunning images. Now out of film, Nagora could see the object come even closer, and then shoot straight up, disappearing through the clouds.

After the approximately 5 minute sighting and film taking session, Nagora took his film back to Munich.

UFO researcher Engineer Adolf Geigenthaler heard about the photographs, and began an investigation into the sighting.After careful examination, Nagoras photos were deemed legitimate by several reliable experts.

Link

Scientific Analysis - object remains unidentified:

An Analysis of Multiple UAP Photographic Images

(May 23, 1971, Austrian Alps)

Richard F. Haines

ABSTRACT: This paper presents an analysis of 11 consecutive color photographs and related eyewitness testimony of an alleged unidentified aerial phenomenon (UAP) taken over at least a 10 minute period beginning at about 12:30 p.m. on May 23, 1971, about 30 miles south-southwest of Graz, Austria, by Mr. Rudi Nagora, 25. Details of the camera, lens, film characteristics, and other relevant optical and historical details are presented. Each frame shows a dark and/or “metallic” object in the daytime sky. Its flight path was determined on several adjacent frames by overlapping relatively unchanging cloud and fixed background details. No evidence of pixel distortion is found surrounding any image of the object as might be produced by radiated heat, nor is there evidence of double exposure, a suspension thread above the UAP images, or mismatch of pixel dimensions within the UAP image or outside it. There is evidence of finite object motion blur in some frames where stationary background detail is in focus. A geometric composite analysis of all images supports the view that the UAP’s three-dimensional form is not circular in planform but rather a blunt-cornered isosceles triangle with flat bottom and convex upper surface. The object remains unidentified at this time.

Link

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Mmm...I like this.

Haven't personally heard of this case before, at least not that I can remember, so thank you, Karl, for sharing. Going to bookmark this one as I'm interested in more opinion!

Peace.

-Eleph

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Richard F. Haines

A geometric composite analysis of all images supports the view that the UAP’s three-dimensional form is not circular in planform but rather a blunt-cornered isosceles triangle with flat bottom and convex upper surface. The object remains unidentified at this time.

Nice, That analysis description of the craft is kinda interesting given the description of the TR-3B, might have been a real early prototype, or the inspiration behind it
given the time the photos where taken. Strange thing is to my eyes it appears slightly gold colored but thats just the lighting really. Which reminds me of that rather good image of a triangular gold colored UFO pic ive seen a few times (cant find it in the little google search I did). Id say its pretty decent set of images... but still rather inconclusive, and definitely not the sort of proof most would require.

Good case all the same.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
S&F, this is a good one. The only skeptical objection I have been able to find is this:

No further witnesses such as farmers and road workers could be found, and the exact place could not be retrieved later, which prompted skeptics to reject the pictures.

The head of the UFO-skeptic group GWUP, Rudolf Henke in 1996, and the skeptic Klaus Webner in 1982 argued that the photos were falsifications because the object looks like a wheel cover thrown into air, but they did not ask to see the negatives and did not interview the witnesses.

Which I found here.

It is admittedly weak. To me it does not look like a wheel cover, and if it did it wouldn't mean anything, because if it looks like a flying saucer to one person and a wheel cover to another person, there is little progress to be made by going on about what it looks like without better evidence.

The professional photographic analysis makes a strong case against alteration or after effects, and lends legitimacy to the photos themselves. As far as what they are of, I think that that question is extremely difficult to answer making this case one of a genuine UFO(in the unexplained sense and not necessarily the E.T. sense).

A couple things to point out, however: The whitness reported a "silver disk," while Mr. Haines identifies the shape as a triangle, this is a discrepancy. The object in the first two pictures does not look very much like the object in the second two pictures. More pictures can be found here about 7/10ths of the way down the page, or search "rudi nagora". The images may or may not be of the same object. The way the object's left edge is lower than the right in several of the images(the linked images in particular) is very reminiscent of a right handed person throwing a disc shaped object. What I mean is that if you throw a disc shaped object high and far in the same way that you throw a frisbee, it often leans like this. I'm not claiming definitively that someone threw a disc shaped object into the air and took pictures of it.

All in all this is a great unexplained case, one that I am presently unable to debunk in a compelling way, and I challenge everyone to give it their best shot.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
S&F, this is a good one. The only skeptical objection I have been able to find is this:

No further witnesses such as farmers and road workers could be found, and the exact place could not be retrieved later, which prompted skeptics to reject the pictures.

The head of the UFO-skeptic group GWUP, Rudolf Henke in 1996, and the skeptic Klaus Webner in 1982 argued that the photos were falsifications because the object looks like a wheel cover thrown into air, but they did not ask to see the negatives and did not interview the witnesses.

Which I found here.

It is admittedly weak.

Thanks for the replies and I agree thats a pretty weak rebuttal.

It also lists at the link other investigators who have examined the photographs and interviewed the witnesses over the years - couldn't find any further information on their reports either.

These investigators who spoke with the witnesses personally and also could examine the negatives consider the case genuine and consider that the photos are not hoxed: Hubert Malthaner, Adolf Geigenthaler (1976), Professor Dr. Kaesbauer, Adolf Schneider, Rolf Dieter Klein (1995), Illobrand Von Ludwiger (1997). Since Mr Nagora's negatives are available, further investigations can be accomplished by professional picture analysts.

Link

Cheers.

edit on 30-12-2013 by karl 12 because: fix link

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

G'day karl 12

You continue to post fascinating material.

Don't stop!

Thanks again
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Cheers buddy- you don't do too bad yourself.

Here's an interview with Rudi Nagora and he makes some interesting comments about the object.

See 0:55

Cheers!
edit on 9-9-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Does anyone speak German?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

G'day karl 12

Thanks again.....very interesting

It's encouraging when photo cases are able to withstand some level of scrutiny.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Two of the other images taken by Rudi Nagora:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b749313c44c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/defce3689685.jpg[/atsimg]

link

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Further info on picture analysis:

..Later, Munich UFO researcher Engineer Adolf Geigenthaler learned about the case and started an investigation. Nagoras photos were considered authentic by many competent researcherst including GSW, Col. Colman VonKeviczky, Illobrand von Ludwiger, Adolf Schneider and others who carefully analysed them. They belong to the best UFO photos ever taken. In two instances (photo 3-7, photo 8-10) a clear, logical course of the object can be observed what rules out the possibility of a frisbee or hub cap thrown into the air. Furthermore, in one of the photos the object enters a cloud. It obviouly moved in an alitude of 3000-3600 feet.

link

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Originally posted by karl 12
Does anyone speak German?

I actually do.
Too bad I missed this, it's no longer on yt.
It would have been a real honour to help out.
Feel free to send a message if you need something German translated to English.
My English is not top notch, but it should be good enough for a summary.
Excellent post btw.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
wow lol

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Duztin

hehehe Thats a very short post , but a very worthy thread bump. Have a star sir)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

S+F Karl 12 as the fuzzy disk makes an appearance.
Being aware of the Rex Heflin photos and of the similar disk in a Ohio photo
that have such clarity, I wonder if not these ships are one and the same with
a bit more activation due to the high navigation altitude.
The ship must intrinsically cloud up photographs with radiation.
ED:

At 1:17 you see 'port holes' around the edge.
They provide the drive force that is 90 degrees from the vertical lift engine.
Stuck at an angle might be a problem for landing.
ED+: As for sound there is a possibility for oscillation at a high audio range
that might resonate with nearby objects, or the brain.
(careful not to hear voices modulated on Tesla waves from saucer above)
edit on 9/28/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join