It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian 5th Generation Stealth Fighter PAK-FA has flown.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Russia's 5th generation stealth fighter known as the Pak-Fa has finally flow.

Info:

en.wikipedia.org...

More pix here:

pilot.strizhi.info...

All I can say is this is the greatest thing I've heard thus far this year. HOORAY!!!

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Russian soldier]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How can it be truly stealth with such massive engine exhaust? Seems like thermal sensors would pick it up from miles away...

Also it is very loud so that hurts too.

It seems like a 4.5 or 4.75 Gen aircraft to me.

Any word on what it's radar cross section size is? Well, on this type of detector in particular?? The Russians should be able to test this aircraft with this sensor system.

Kolchuga passive sensor.

en.wikipedia.org...

Radar cross section info still classified?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

Looks like it as based on the F22 Raptor pretty damn sweet.. i hope higher ups in Russia aren't planning something...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

Looks like it as based on the F22 Raptor pretty damn sweet.. i hope higher ups in Russia aren't planning something...

I think it is much closer to a hybrid F-23 crossed with a Su-35 (or 37)

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I would say it looks more like the YF23 more than the F22.

Maybe a cross between a YF23 and a SU37.

Still looks as though the Russians can still produce some good kit.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Nice to see the PAK-FA but this aircraft is merely a commercial defence product.

The ACTUAL defence technology is at least TWO generations ahead. That includes unmanned autonomous aerial vehicles.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

My friend,

You CANNOT imagine what technology the Establishment possesses today. They have been used to vaporise innocent people in Iraq, to destroy and kill and maim people.

It is unfortunate that this technology is in the hands of people who aggressively destroy mankind and not in those that wish to defend it.

Happy days. not.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

say what you like about it being a machine of death but its still a stunning peace of enginering.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this Russian Soldier!

A star from me!

Also, Long time no see on this board RS.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i just replied in the the other thead on these gorgeous looking aircraft, that the russians have a time table for this bit of kit to be phased into service in 2013,which means 2012 is game on for ww3!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Has anyone else notice how that guys face starts messing up towards the end of the second video?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579I take it your russian?

Look at the nick-name. Makes it clear doesnt it?

yeah lets spend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx while our planet goes into meltdown

This is for defence of a country that is more worried about the security of the country itself then climate change.

It has to defend itself against NATO, Terrorists and possible enemies like China.

some people are so fdumb its amazing

Dont insult other people. You are reported for personal attacks against other member on this board.

If you want to be civilized, dont lower yourself to personal attacks. Its called double standards.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
How can it be truly stealth with such massive engine exhaust? Seems like thermal sensors would pick it up from miles away...

+

Also it is very loud so that hurts too.

It is still in prototype stage and final design WILL look different and have better thermal/audible stealth characteristics

It seems like a 4.5 or 4.75 Gen aircraft to me.

For the moment, it is. Systems like a true 5th gen engine are still yet to be build.

Any word on what it's radar cross section size is? Well, on this type of detector in particular?? The Russians should be able to test this aircraft with this sensor system.

Kolchuga passive sensor.

en.wikipedia.org...

Radar cross section info still classified?

The RCS is classified and KNAAPO has facilities to test RCS's of fighter aircraft so it can be assumed that the RCS value is rather low.

[edit on 29/1/2010 by James R. Hawkwood]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Why, because it has wings, a fuselage, and a cockpit?

Jokes aside, an aircraft of the same category is bound to look at least a little similar. It has requirements it has to meet to be what it is, and the body of the aircraft has to be a certain way to meet those requirements.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by James R. Hawkwood

Thank you for the reply I appreciate your contribution of information.

I would love to see the real specs of this thing, just for curiosities sake.

I also wonder what type of paint is being used on it, I assume it must be radar absorbent.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yeah you are right about that.

This is why so many aircraft are so similar in their shapes. Even the Typhoon and Rafale share many characteristics with this PAK-FA and the F22 F23 F35.

The engineering requirements force these shapes, however they look awesome I must admit.

Thanks for sharing this info with us RS, I appreciate the heads up!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Mates of mine were in the first Gulf War in 1990 and they were told to stop where they were (advancing on the Iraq Army on foot and in vehicles). It was night time by the way!

Then two Black Triangular Craft came across from the left hand side to where the Iraq Army was (about 2 miles in front of them). The craft were about 100 feet across and could be seen against the stars in the sky, about 100 feet high up!

Beams of light like a laser beam that was blueish in colour came down in short bursts from the triangular craft, lot of short almost like pulses of light.

When they were told to move forward, they found the Iraq Army guys vapourised, like piles of dust in amongst their clothing. Some were very badly burnt, bits were left.

So what type of technology is that and we're talking 20 years ago now!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well, that is realy making me happy muzzleflash! Lets give some more info:

The PAK FA T-50 that you saw is the prototype for PAK FA stage I.

Stage I:
Has avionics, upgraded weapon sytems, engine's and radar from the SU-35BM.

Stage II:
Will have new avionics, new weapon systems, True 5th gen engines and a brand new AESA radar.

The T-50 has 10(!) Internal hardpoints and has 2 main weaponbays and has 2 smaller ones. It features a moveable LERX acting like a Canard but then integrated in the acual wing. Reducing RCS. Also the fins on the back are fully movable even though they are smaller then on a SU-2*/3*, they have a greater surface then the movable parts on the Flanker Fins.

Also the range is stated to be 5500KM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That is Intercontinetal!)

Hope that yields enough info to satisfy the curiosity for now

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join