It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens envy the ignorance and childlishness of human beings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Any believer of benevolent aliens recognizes that they are far more mature than humans, not only technologically, but psychologically and in terms of their ability to handle emotions, if they have any.

I think the reason they look down on us like children is because their life span is likely so much longer than ours.

We are not only children because our society is young, but because we don't live to be very old. 50-90 years is not very long. We are still very childish by the time we grow old... Not to mention human beings tend to quit learning things at a young age. We tend to specialize in one field and not continue our learning after we can make a good living in a career.

I think because of this, humans are envied in some way by other species. Just like human beings envy children, because they are so ignorant and childish. They can find joy in the simplest things... True joy. And also they don't understand the evils of life yet.

Aliens probably envy our emotional ability, our ignorance, our bliss.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I agree with you regarding our emotional infantilism in many instances. Detachment is often difficult for us to develop and maintain

However, 'the aliens' (as many believe them to be) haven't impressed me as being superior. Sneaking around. Scaring people. Exploiting the elements of surprise, shock and greater numbers. Subjecting humans to terrifying and intrusive physical ordeals. Indoctrinating captive victims with scenarios which later prove to be false. Hiding behind fake identities. Snatching children and adults without permission. What's the difference between aliens and any other bully-gang ?

I've been reading about the Jinn again lately. It still all fits: paranormal phenomena; so-called 'aliens'; ghosts; poltergeists; electronic voice phenomena and so much more. Jinn. Tricksters. Interdimensional thugs

Islam teaches that just as there are 'good' and 'bad' humans, there are also good and bad Jinn, all of whom (human and Jinn) are answerable to God at the end

If there are interterrestrial aliens with superior intellect and emotions, they seem to be staying away from this dimension/Earth to SUCH great extent that we have never encountered them and have NO frame of reference. In short, we have NO evidence of an all-wise, benevolent other-dimensional race, apart from wishful thinking on the part of humans

Until a superior form of life makes itself known on earth and PROVES itself as being such, it seems we'll continue to be plagued by Jinn (substitute preferred title here) who are at LEAST as lacking as general humankind and often much worse

Depressing

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Explanation: Just because a possible [and quite probable] alien demographic is benevolent, does not directly imply a great technologically advanced space faring species.

What if they are conservative technologically and are like the Amish [wiki]?

Personal Disclosure: RE: "Aliens probably envy our emotional ability, our ignorance, our bliss." .... and being benevolent and or alien doesn't discount them possessing any or all of these traits, but seattletruth
is right in that there is a probability of what their OP proposes as being so!

How do we measure that accurately and with what independant measuring stick do we apply?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I would like to encourage your speculation/impressions on this topic. Personally, I feel that the ETs can do some things we can't do and we can do some things that they can't.

It is my impression that they are here, though.

If you gave them a road map to a city and told them to go there and buy you a Big Mac they could not do it, but they move around through space/time in some different way, kinda like ghosts, but more real.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There is a line from Troy that Brad Pitt's character says about why the gods envy us. I think it would sum up your feelings quite well.
He's telling his newly won slave woman , whatever she was, prize, about why the gods envy us.
I'm paraphrasing but he says that it's because we are mortal. At any moment it could end for any of us. And so everything means more.

Well written thread.

Not only does that cinematic moment capture some of your ideas here, but also it denotes the ancient belief of pretty much everyone's ancestors; that our gods came from the sky.
And now we are here and we talk about it online.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Do you have any proof to support anything you're saying or is it all rooted in what you believe?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I would like to field this one for the OP. In Dune, space travel was enabled through a spice, melange.

In our world it has been speculated that '___' is a spirit molecule.

What if space travel is enhanced or enabled in a different way than we think?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would say that nostalgia might also have another role in their "admiration" of us.

As Michio Kaku says, we are about to climb the giant step from type 0 civilization (earthly, non-renewable resources) to a type 1 civilization (solar system wide, solar powered civilization)- what he describes as the most important step and moment in the history of the human race.

It is also quite arguable that we are on the verge of a consciousness and/or spiritual evolution (this is what I believe in), and the next step in this direction could also be the most important step, as well as the most important step in all universe-wide civilizations.

They look down on us, and remember those times in their own species when they were literally on the cusp of finding the truth- so close to their grasp that a little push is all that's needed to reach it.

I would be careful using human emotional words to describe how they feel towards us- they are a completely different species, and for all we know, they could have an entirely different emotional system that we can't even conceive or come close to imagining.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by seattletruth

Do you have any proof to support anything you're saying or is it all rooted in what you believe?

He is speculating.

When you speculate about things of this nature, asking for evidence shows only that you are totally naive.

Speculation is not even based on "beliefs" either, it is based on POSSIBILITIES.

I really liked Dragonsmusic's comment because it makes a ton of sense. We are mortal and live short lives, and so every moment means more to us. Advanced aliens would certainly live longer than we do, otherwise they wouldn't be very advanced.

I starred everyone's post for contributing something useful to the conversation, except Empire because he was just trying to talk crap, imho.

Of course theres no evidence, otherwise we would have proved 100% to everyone that aliens exist...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

He or she is not speculating but sharing what they believe is real, which is, aliens exist and they envy human beings. See, when you speculate you usually state it and you refrain from making statements such as:

Any believer of benevolent aliens recognizes that they are far more mature than humans, not only technologically, but psychologically and in terms of their ability to handle emotions, if they have any.

Stop, let us look at that for a second? Any believer of benevelont aliends recognize they are far more mature than humans? What part of speculation or possibility is that?

Now let us take a look at speculation, which is rooted in his belief:

I think the reason they look down on us like children is because their life span is likely so much longer than ours.

See, even while speculating the OP is stating these things as if it's a proven fact that aliens exist. Here is more of the OP's post that comes off as a matter of fact:

We are not only children because our society is young, but because we don't live to be very old.

What is that rooted in? Speculation or the belief in aliens?

Concerning your comments, I don't care that you starred everyone else and didn't give me a star. Do you want a cookie for that? Do you think I care about not getting one? LOL! Moreover, I didn't ask for evidence I asked if he had any evidence (the actual word used was proof.) He could answer that with a yes or no.

Pay attention, sport.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I would say that nostalgia might also have another role in their "admiration" of us.

As Michio Kaku says, we are about to climb the giant step from type 0 civilization (earthly, non-renewable resources) to a type 1 civilization (solar system wide, solar powered civilization)- what he describes as the most important step and moment in the history of the human race.

It is also quite arguable that we are on the verge of a consciousness and/or spiritual evolution (this is what I believe in), and the next step in this direction could also be the most important step, as well as the most important step in all universe-wide civilizations.

They look down on us, and remember those times in their own species when they were literally on the cusp of finding the truth- so close to their grasp that a little push is all that's needed to reach it.

I would be careful using human emotional words to describe how they feel towards us- they are a completely different species, and for all we know, they could have an entirely different emotional system that we can't even conceive or come close to imagining.

That part about nostalgia is absolutely brilliant.
They, since they must exist, have been through this stage that we are in. Fascinating.

We ARE going into a different phase of civilization.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I agree maybe they could be psychologically like the Amish. Also the same is traditional Muslim.

But that doesn't mean their technological level is the same. They simply believe that we all liive, and die. This is a natural progression. Maybe they have learned to deal with the fact that we are just containers and will be judged for our position in the 'next life'

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i have seen more believable stuff in skunk works - why is this not in there yet?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
"Just like human beings envy children"

you do mean the adults right? i dont think childrens are not human at all.

and we cannot really know these extraterrestrials until we meet them face to face.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Aliens envy us in the way we envy animals. We live blissfully ignorant and that is how they see it. Just in the way we look at animals, Yea it would be nice but in the meantime lets sneak up and tag that sucker and study him for awhile.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

children are not human beings, they are animals!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Think ( sad I know ) but a Star Trek OS line pretty much sums this thread up for me and to as why the Aliens seem to think they like our childishness.

" The more complex the mind, the more the need for simplicity of play", and we play, play and play and play we never really get any work done, otherwise we'd be out amongst the stars already.

Talking about work the boss in looking at me, better get me head down.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I agree maybe they could be psychologically like the Amish.

What the hell does that mean?Do you know or ever spent time with the Amish?
I did.

I lived within a community of them as a small child.

They are different in their lifestyle but very normal and logical in their thinking.

They judge no one and don't make assumptions based on preconceptions.

I still think of the day's when I was "The English boy".

I still think that is funny.I used to tell the elder who called me that,"I am not English,I am an American."

Anyway, The visitors come here to observe humans in this environment because we have something know other species in the universe has.

A personality and emotions.

The humans are individuals and all the other intelligent species are group minded.

new topics

top topics

join