It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!ALERT! Changes to the Mud-Pit coming soon. !ALERT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, I don't post there that often, but I paid up.
Gotta pay if you wanna play

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh I just know I'll be asking myself why I spent 500 hard-earned points to be called a repugnant. But it's better than 3500 later.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There - Did It! Ouch, that hurt!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Gee, that certainly sounds like......common sense

I just couldn't resist, besides what else do you have to do with your "hard-earned" points around here???

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have a question. If someone becomes abusive, can their access to the Pit be revoked? Not pointing fingers, just wondering.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi DTOMS
Haven't seen you for a bit. You're right on the points, but it is nice to see them build up.
CS

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Looks like it will become the "conservative republican" only fourm.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I doubt it, man. There are a lot more liberals around here than there are conservatives, and they'll get in just fine.

Nothing to worry about... erm.... besides the usual, that is.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I participate in a discussion board that has specific sub-forums for members of the Republican, Democrat and Libertarian groups. Seems to work OK.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
With all due respect, might I add my own thoughts ?

I have to say I do think this is unfair to existing honest posting members (as opposed to the trolls), especially those who may well have been in the middle of debates/conversations, and YES, even arguements there. What this leaves is some people able to have the last word , while other members, who may not have enough points, cant even continue arguing their side of an issue. I just don't see why this had to be done THIS way.

Might a better have been to maybe restrict access to the mudpit until a new member had passed a probationary period of some sort ? say 30 days.

I just don't like this all-out in a sense "Banning" of regular longstanding posters.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
People, please.
The mudpit is a privledge, not a right.
If a privledge is being abused, things need to be evaluated.

-B.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Frankly Im sad to see that its still being allowed to give this site a black eye. In the spirit of denying ignorance I have to ask what the mud pit adds to this mantra? There has never been one case where someone realized their ignorance in the mud pit. People are more fanatical in the pit than those who march in the Gaza Strip.

I really hate the pit. I would be lying if I didnt just come out and say that its useless and ran by fanatics. No offense.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47 Frankly Im sad to see that its still being allowed to give this site a black eye.
Well... political discussion, even in the style of the pit, is important. If all the pit does is cause a few people to think more about politics and related subjects, then perhaps it's worth it. But now, it's behind a privacy screen so that Google and other search engines won't discover the content of the pit by accident.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
But now, it's behind a privacy screen so that Google and other search engines won't discover the content of the pit by accident.

So will people on public terminals be safe from being blocked by filter software?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I typically don't reply to most threads, but I see I will need to go on a posting-frenzy if I am able to puchase it at 500points.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Well... political discussion, even in the style of the pit, is important. If all the pit does is cause a few people to think more about politics and related subjects, then perhaps it's worth it.

I concur that the mud pit style is important to debating. In other arenas I've been in, solitarily stacked against packs of belligerent wolves, really helped me coat a thick skin as well as sharpen the efficacy in my style. (After crying a few times)I am glad you have decided to keep it, however 500 points is a hefty price. Oh well.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
me and my impluse spending! I have slowly been saving up points to get access to RATS with quality posts (for the most part) and now that i see a 3 day special, i just HAVE to spend my hard earned points on a forum i rarely visit, and which wont help me gain enough points to get onto RATS.

*slaps forehead*

oh well, too late now.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
RATS is overvalued anyway
occassionaly something interesting comes up but posts there very rarely occur

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
SO,

This seems so unfair. I understand the need to keep it out of a search engine, but is there any way to do this without restricting members?

I go to the mudpit often, I've posted a few times, I haven't been abusive, but most of my hard earned points would be used to enter it. I'm trying to save up for RATs

Why not ban the abusers from the mudpit? Wouldn't that help keep the aggression down? It's not the noobies (IMO) that get down in the mud, it's the ones that have been around a while and have the points to buy their way in.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I personally think the board is run by screaming republicans and they don't like my witty posts and continually calling Bush an idiot.... lol

Sooooooo its a conspiracy to keep me out...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join