It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Advice Regarding Ghost Or Mist-Like Entity Caught On Camera

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Well no I've never seen an invisible mist but there is water vapor constantly in the air that we can't see which can be captured by some kinds of cameras (I'm not an expert in photography). Some cameras see a wider spectrum then our eyes.

Here is one photo I took while on an investigation to a local cemetery. I commented to friends that many paranormal teams would think this mist is paranormal when really it was my breath caught in the flash. I am aware yours is a day time photo so the flash might not be applicable but that doesn't make the mist paranormal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc910648e767.jpg[/atsimg]

Trust me I'd love to believe your photo is paranormal but it doesn't appear out of the ordinary, it might very well be paranormal but there is no way to prove that since it looks like normal mist. Its sort of like taking a picture of a duck and saying it was a ghost duck, it still looks and quacks like a duck so its hard to call it paranormal.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Firstly, yes, you own the photograph if you have it in the raw as others have already explained.
If it was a camera that used film, then as long as you have the negative, then you own all rights to the image...

Anyway, I am having a hard time trying to see how this could be paranormal.
I'm not saying it isn't as I wasn't there...

But from what I can see in this image, I am afraid I have to sway towards something that is man made.

It looks like bonfire smoke to me. It is at least 12 feet high as you can see smoke in front of the second tree in from the right.

The smoke (mist) also has swirls in it as it sweeps over the bank to the left and down into the pathway.

Yes, smoke normally rises due to its temperature, but it does also travel sideways depending on weather conditions at the time.
The colour of it also suggests to me that something damp is being burnt on a hot fire... ie, a load of leaves/grass etc...

A hot fire burning dry material does not make much smoke, but if you put something damp onto it, like foliage, then you get a good amount of smoke.
This mist you have photographed may very well have been the first amount of 'damp' smoke from a hot fire that was travelling along the ground at a good speed and this may be why you did not see it...

By the time you had chance to look at the picture, the smoke had moved out of the pathway.

It's just a possibility that I am throwing forward. Also note that there is a patch of smoke down in the right bottom corner in the foreground. This is a larg patch of smoke and I cannot label this as paranormal.

Please note, I am a lead investigator for a paranormal team here in the UK.
If you require proof of this or wish to contact any other members of the team I am involved with then please do not hesitate to U2U me

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
reply to post by rachel07

I turned the flash off in the second image in order to show there was no visible mist to the naked eye. So, we have nothing seen in the after shot, and there was nothing visible to the naked eye, which essentially answers two of your three questions, putting the evidence more strongly towards the paranormal than the normal.

But that's where everyone else was saying that you probably caught water vapor by flashing light and getting a reflection back.

You say that the image with the mist was with a flash, and the one without it was without the flash. That's an issue right there. Water will reflect light, and molecules have a peculiar way of making shapes, while our mind is constantly searching for some sort of recognizable form. It's an actual condition, the human mind tries to make faces and other forms in everything. Hence the Virgin Mary in the burnt toast thing.

I'm not necessarily saying that you don't have anything just trying to get you to understand what the other members are saying about the water vapor.

I sincerely apologize if this has already been posted...

By the way, you are incredibly lucky to have such a beautiful woodland near you. That picture is beautiful!!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by The dragon is taking over]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It appears to be water vapor. The fact that it didn't appear without the flash pretty much leaves it in the realm of the norm. Sorry, sometimes mist is just mist. And even if its not, you can't prove it to be paranormal.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorcha Faal
reply to post by the.lights

look in the T&C. I think that anything you post here is still your property, but I am not sure. You could also U2U a mod. The cost and trouble of copy writing something is large. You need to be sure it's worth it to you. I would love to see the image.

That's not true. The cost of getting something copyrighted costs around 50-100 dollars (for a US Copyright that is). Aside from that, you have a copyright in the picture (according to US law) regardless if you have registered it. The only difference is that if you want to sue someone you need to get it registered, and you will miss out on the statutory damages award.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
wat the hell!
sorry i'm not usually a negative person but this whole thread was a bloody waste of my time all that suspense for that stupid picture
but hey i'm sorry man i was just expecting a bit more

next time just show the picture up front

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hahahahaha. Looks like JESUS!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The only way you're going to see much publicity and possible remuneration for your photo is if it confirms a widely-witnessed phenomenon.

For example, consider the Miracle of Fátima in October of 1917, one of the most widely-witnessed and extraordinary supernatural events of all time. Before a massive crowd estimated to number some 70,000 people, a promised miracle — the so-called "Miracle of the Sun" — transpired in the skies above Fátima, Portugal. The Sun itself was reported to have dramatically changed colors (yellows, reds, greens, purples), spun like a pinwheel, zig-zagged in the sky, then appeared to approach the Earth (with accompanying increase in temperature), before it retreated and resumed its normal position in the sky.

The spectacle lasted for about 13 minutes and was seen by witnesses up to 40 miles away.

Now, although this great throng of witnesses saw the miracle with their own eyes, and although many newspaper reporters and photographers were on hand to cover the expected miracle, there are no indisputable photos of the miracle itself.

There are lots of photographs of the awestruck crowd gazing upward, but the only purported photo of the actual miracle looks like a retouched image (photo retouching was quite common back then, even in respectable newspapers).

Bizarre.

If any single indisputable photo of the Miracle of Fátima were to pop up confirming the event (as from another photographer), it would be worth a small fortune — the Vatican itself would probably pay a princely sum for such a photo confirming the event. Yet, no clear photo exists nor has even been reported to exist.

Unfortunately, a generic photo of smoky mists in the countryside is unlikely to draw much publicity or monetary reward. Of course, it's interesting to those who are interested by such things; but, without testimony of many unrelated witnesses and other, unrelated photographs to confirm the apparition, all you have is an interesting but unconfirmed will-o-the-wisp sighting.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/20/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Here is one photo I took while on an investigation to a local cemetery. I commented to friends that many paranormal teams would think this mist is paranormal when really it was my breath caught in the flash....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc910648e767.jpg[/atsimg]

Titen, I think you'd better re-examine your photo. I think you may have inadvertently captured more than you think.

There IS a face in your photo, almost dead-center. The head is quite visible, as is the hairline, the eyes, the nose and the mouth.

I have traced what I'm seeing in the animated GIF below... And, with a bit of contrast enhancement, the identity of the ghostly face becomes apparent!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73bb902ffce9.gif[/atsimg]

This is one of the most significant paranormal photos I've ever seen of a person who wasn't really there.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join