It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition to make Mr. Roger a saint. Sign or DIE.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
www.petitiononline.com...
Spread this everywhere. If there was someone pure and gold hearted in the world, it was him. Now pay your respects.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I only hope our international friends know of him...
He will be greatly missed, and the world is a little darker without him.

arc

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
sadly I don't have a clue who Mr Roger is - can someone enlighten me please?

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

But in a nutshell, he was the host of a children's tv show for quite a few years. For a lot of us, we grew up with him, sort of as a distant, likable uncle. His show was educational, fun, and taught good values that many of us carry with us today. He also did a lot for children's charities around the US and the world. He's just one of those very few genuinely radiant individuals...

arc

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
thanks for the link, just from what I saw there I think I can start to understand why he was considered such a great man. Mostly because he didn't consider himself as such.

TV needs more people with his philosophy

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc
thanks for the link, just from what I saw there I think I can start to understand why he was considered such a great man. Mostly because he didn't consider himself as such.

TV needs more people with his philosophy

amen.

Um... guys? Catholicism helps when you wanna be a saint... Mr. Rogers was a minister. Too bad though, as he could have been a saint, had he been Catholic.

Man, this sucks. I was bummed out in school yesterday cause i heard he died. The only thing i didn't like about that show was the stupid theme song. Otherwise, it was a wholesome, moralistic, and truly good show. Quite unlike me to enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was saddened when he died. Even though as child he scared me to death, I would run out of the room when ever I heard that theme song. Like HLW we cannot make him a saint since he was not Catholic, maybe a saint in an other relgion though...

arc

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We definitely need a modern and non demoninational equivalent of sainthood, just as a way of honouring so many of the truly great figures lost from our lives.

Guess it would fall apart when you tried to set up a way of deciding who was worthy

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
the hearts of many, no need for it to be official...

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Whether or not it needs to be "official", I cast the vote too. Gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling when I cast my vote. Used to watch him all the time, back when I was still knee-high to a knee.

Unlike most celebrities, I've never heard of any scandal or controversy tied in with him...Same with Captain Kangaroo. The epitomy of a "good neighbor".

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I will miss him.

My neighborhood will never be the same.
Not that I have neighbors really close to me.
Mr. Rogers was one unique individual and can never be replaced. He will Alway's remain in my heart.
" It's a beautiful day, in my neighborhood"
Rest in Peace Mr. Rogers you will never be forgotten.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
mr. rogers was a true national icon.
he has brought out and preserved the innocence in children for so many years.
he taught us about family values to the basics of society.
sadly, we won't have anyone like him again.
he will be greatly missed.

src: www.misterrogers.org...
src: pbskids.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
...McFeely?

echelon, did the website make that up, or was that his real middle name?

Once again, I send my condolences to the family of Fred Rogers.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yes, that was Mr. Rogers' real middle name.

Sainthood, according to the KJV 1611, does not reqire a denomination's blessings or a vote. He was a saint, and has heard the Lord say to him "Well done, good and faithful servant."

It does seem a little darker now, Gazrok, doesn't it.

top topics

join