It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My roommate went to an abandoned insane asylum town in NJ. LOOK AT THIS PHOTO!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My roommate went to the abandoned insane asylum town in Skillsman, NJ today and took about 50 bazillion photos for one of her classes for a project. She showed uploaded them all on facebook and her friend who went with her pointed out something very odd in one photo of a rundown building. Andmy roommate didn't notice it at first, but it looks like two school children looking out the window. It sent chills down my spine when I saw it, and she didn't even say look at the window. I immediately saw this and got creeped out, and I'm the last person who believes in this type of stuff.
Here's the original photo she emailed to me. It's actually creeping her out pretty good, so if anyone can tell me any logical explanation, I'd love to tell her it's something else so she's not freaking out about it. She won't even look at the rest of her photos now.

Someone she knows pointed out that it may be the old screens in the window fading in color or something since they're old. But I haven't a clue!

BTW, how do you attach a photo to the post? I thought I could, but can't figure it out!

i863.photobucket.com...

More photos of the same building:
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...

The place they went to:
www.weirdnj.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by dnttreadonme900]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by dnttreadonme900]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't see what your referring too...

I even blew it up

Which window do you see this in?

Semper

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I see it! Upper window left of the door!

That is creepy!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dnttreadonme900

I'm sorry, got caught up in the creepiness of the photo. The upper left window. Hmmm...it seemed to pop out at me the first time I saw it even without her mentioning that particular window. Also, sorry it's not oriented right. Didn't want to tamper with it in photoshop at all incase someone said something regarding that.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Aha, yes I see it... in the top left window right ?? it looks like two children leaning and looking out of it .....

Unfortunately I must inform you that it appears to be an optical illusion. The window is boarded up like every other one, and the children are created by the natural weathering of the wood, ....

It is the two light spots that make the pic, thats what resembles the faces,... if your friend went back I'm sure she would discover this.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I see it. It looks like one kid is fishhooking the other kids mouth while the kid tries to escape. freaky, but probably just a play on shadows.

i've cropped the pic and marked out the faces. red is the kid being fishhooked, blue is the evil looking one.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Nutzoid]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There is plywood filling that window

I can't see anything else

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Well, I wouldn't say unfortunately
I think it is a good thing that it's probably just a play on shadows. Makes it less creepy! We would really like to sleep tonight!

link   

Ok, I looked at it and I would have to say, it is wear and tear on the plywood covering that window. Compare it to the bottom right window, kind of looks the same. But I do see the figures you are talking about. I think it's just stained plywood. Neat though!

link   

The upper-left window? I more or less see what could be interpreted as the outline of two people, but its a very long stretch to me.

link   
You guys beat me to it. PLYWOOD

P.S. Congrats. Semperfortis on your Saints

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Holy crap that building is haunted in a big way!

It's freakin sideways!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
*squints* Are the top windows boarded up? Really? I don't see any wood or glass in that window. But that's just me, I don't have above average vision and I'm not an artist or anything. Bad time for sarcasm? Sorry...

Cool picture, I'm not going to be so bold as to tell you what it is OP. Any more pictures of this building so we can compare the window?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
freaky indeed. It looks like the same person with a double exposure.
someone with photo skills should check it out.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ok plywood. I guess that makes sense. That's why I posted it on here for all the experts! Maybe me and my roommate can sleep better tonight.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutzoid
I see it. It looks like one kid is fishhooking the other kids mouth while the kid tries to escape. freaky, but probably just a play on shadows.

i've cropped the pic and marked out the faces. red is the kid being fishhooked, blue is the evil looking one.

Lol, no you're just seeing things. That's not even what the OP was talking about.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wow, your photo looks exactly like one that I looked at in Kansas years ago.

While inside looking around, strange knockings took place, always on the level of the building that I was not on.

The kitchen was on the first floor and was on the west end of the building and it was completely filled with 2-3 foot tall statutes of the Maddona and Jesus, upstairs the entire floor was littered with 2-3 inches of unopened letters from around 1920 in all rooms and hallway, and books on abnormal behaviour were scattered about upstairs also. The first level had a big room that had a rocking chair with a 1929 calandar right behind it; both were in mint condition. There was a huge arched cellar below and behind the back of the building that was made of limestone and had a dirt floor. All of the windows had 1/2 inch mesh wire over them though.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by Nutzoid

Lol, no you're just seeing things. That's not even what the OP was talking about.

did you zoom it? i see one face as clear as day. (red outline)

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutzoid

I didn't even see those one's Nutzoid. Good eye. I'd say those two are created by shadow and light. But it does look like two kids.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalCoffeeL

Well, I'm just downloading these other pictures from her facebook album. Don't have the originals like the main one posted.

i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...
i863.photobucket.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by dnttreadonme900]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join