It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help, I'm having Avatar troubles...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
My problem is, the avatar I have chosen is clearly and WELL UNDER 75k, 160 x 320. It is a JPEG...something I am also 100% sure of...and it still says your avatar is too large. Can anyone help me please? I have Photoshop 7 so I can enlarge and shrink, but still I get that problem...Please help if you can.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How much upload space do you have available? Sounds like you might be full.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the image?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ok, here is the problem as I've been able to deduce...I go to photoshop and have reduced the size to 28k, 150 x 310...but as i add the link to this reply, it appears as

us.f1.yahoofs.com...

200 x 400...why is this? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it

[Edited on 123131p://u06. by Hard Red]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It seems...and I could be wrong...that when I bring it here, that the website for some reason enlarges the pic somewhat

[Edited on 123131p://u20. by Hard Red]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Since we are on the topic, whenever I go to upload a pic, it boots me off the internet. This has been happening since this morning. Any ideas as to why?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Here you go Red... I resized your pic... just copy and upload this image to your file, your image was too large 200x400.

Narnia... Check your internet options and see what zone you are operating on.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Red:

Use this URL:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Should fix you right up.

-B.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You guys, thanks so much...but tell me, please, how did you do it? I used Photoshop...did you use Photoshop? If so, please feel free to U2U me or anything to let me know...cuz when I resized it, a larger image seemed to appear once I sent it here...thanks again ppl...i appreciate it!

[Edited on 013131p://u02. by Hard Red]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
PS- Is there a way I can get images from my computer as an avatar as well? Currently, the only way I can do it is by going to a website a lucking out so to speak...your input appreciated

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hard Red
I used Photoshop...did you use Photoshop?

Yup. Just a 30 second resize in PS7. I think opening the program took longer than the resizing!

I don't know why yours wasn't resizing .... unless you inadvertently saved it in a different format (such as psp) or if PS saved it as a "copy." It gets tricky like that sometimes.

Originally posted by Hard Red
Is there a way I can get images from my computer as an avatar as well?

When you find an image you like online, right-click and select "save as." Use PS or whatever to do any editing it needs, be sure to save it, and upload it here.
Go up to "Member Center" and on the left you should see an "upload" tab. Click "browse," locate your image, click "upload," then copy the URL in the box at the top and paste it into the avatar field.
Dat's it. Quite easy once you get the hang of it.

(unless you're having upload probs like Narina, but that's another story)

-B.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Theres also a handy tutorial by DJDOHBOY to help you get started uploading images to your ATS upload area and how to assign them to your avatar. (And some other handy things)

The tutorial is available by clicking the 'tutorial' link along the top of every ATS page. Or by clicking here.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hard Red, why are you posts edited on such strange times?

013131p://u02. doesn't seem like a normal time notation. Maybe it's FTR related, but probably not.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Amantine, I have no idea...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
there should be a tutoral thread that lists places that dont allow hot linking so the new members know before trying to link to another site that wont work, heck i should post it, got plenty of time to compile a list.

top topics

join